Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

PhazonLink posted:

i hope triple A videogames does a good labor thing.

I do too, but I've watched enough episodes of The Jimquisition to know that if they do, it'll be after being dragged kicking and screaming and fighting against it every step of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

There was a group of about 20 at Crane's Roost in Altamonte Springs later that afternoon harassing pedestrians and trying to pick fights. About 5 minutes away from my old apartment.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gyges posted:

They've been doing it since at least DeSantis creating a literal brown shirt State Guard. So a year or two, with it getting more and more outrageous. I think the last big story about it was nazis outside Disney with DeSantis signs.

My favorite part

quote:

Conservative media personality Kyle Becker, however, suggested that they were not necessarily serious and just trying to defame Republicans.

'Here we go with the false flag nonsense again. These are “DeSantis supporters” flying neo-nazi flags outside Disney World. Your life has got to be a sad one to do right-wing cosplay because your ideas suck. It’s just so pathetic.'

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yeah, the right has gone all in on the concept of false flag events. Anything they don't like, looks bad, or whatever that is done by people who appear to be to the right of John Roberts? False Flag. There are no real nazis, klansmen, or lesser racists. It's all just the DNC and Antifa teaming up to cosplay and make the right look bad.

Nazi supports your candidate, and its crisis actors doing a false flag. A nazi mentions liking a Democrat or Democratic political position on the other hand, well that's just proof that Democrats are nazis.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Motherfuckers busted out the Reverse Swas. Serious business.

Also, is Make America Florida what I'm reading as the tag for the DeSantis MAGA flag?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gyges posted:

They've been doing it since at least DeSantis creating a literal brown shirt State Guard. So a year or two, with it getting more and more outrageous. I think the last big story about it was nazis outside Disney with DeSantis signs.

I do have to wonder at what point, if any, Florida will have decayed enough that Disney will start shopping around for somewhere to move. I'd imagine there'd be a couple of other states in the region that would bend over backwards to give them sweetheart deals equivalent to what they originally had in Florida simply due to Disney's absolutely titanic economic footprint.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

the_steve posted:

I do too, but I've watched enough episodes of The Jimquisition to know that if they do, it'll be after being dragged kicking and screaming and fighting against it every step of the way.

This is literally how the entire history of labour movements goes, yes.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kanos posted:

I do have to wonder at what point, if any, Florida will have decayed enough that Disney will start shopping around for somewhere to move. I'd imagine there'd be a couple of other states in the region that would bend over backwards to give them sweetheart deals equivalent to what they originally had in Florida simply due to Disney's absolutely titanic economic footprint.

It would take a massive environmental disaster that actually destroys the park for them to move. They have way too much infrastructure in place to replicate it elsewhere. Even if the rest of Florida turned into a blighted wasteland, they would sooner build their own airport to shuttle customers directly to the park than move to another state.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AlternateNu posted:

It would take a massive environmental disaster that actually destroys the park for them to move. They have way too much infrastructure in place to replicate it elsewhere. Even if the rest of Florida turned into a blighted wasteland, they would sooner build their own airport to shuttle customers directly to the park than move to another state.

Yeah, this is probably true. They'd have to basically do the equivalent of building a massive city elsewhere to get back to where they are now from an infrastructure perspective.

That said, Florida is also rapidly on its way to becoming an environmental disaster hot spot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Sell Florida to the mouse. It’ll be for their own good

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sell Florida to the mouse. It’ll be for their own good

I mean, we're about three steps shy of "Corporations are people and therefore can be elected to public office", right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

AlternateNu posted:

I mean, we're about three steps shy of "Corporations are people and therefore can be elected to public office", right?

Like 20 years ago we were already at "President? Do you have any idea how much power I'd have to give up to be President?"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Gyges posted:

Yeah, the right has gone all in on the concept of false flag events. Anything they don't like, looks bad, or whatever that is done by people who appear to be to the right of John Roberts? False Flag. There are no real nazis, klansmen, or lesser racists. It's all just the DNC and Antifa teaming up to cosplay and make the right look bad.

Nazi supports your candidate, and its crisis actors doing a false flag. A nazi mentions liking a Democrat or Democratic political position on the other hand, well that's just proof that Democrats are nazis.

Meanwhile you have Freep, Stormfront and comments sections everywhere demanding that patriots rise up to stop the communist woke election fraud; Usually advocating violence and direct confrontation. WE saw this with 1/6 where message boards everywhere and the livestream showed thousands of people everywhere gleefully planning an overthrow of the government and the election, but when things went south, it was Antifa and BLM.

Even though the participants bragged about it and many are well known.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Again, they consider consistency and honesty to be traps for idiots.

See also the Jan 6ers who beg and plead and renounce everything to get easier sentences and then immediately take it all back the moment the sentence comes down.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 3, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BiggerBoat posted:

Meanwhile you have Freep, Stormfront and comments sections everywhere demanding that patriots rise up to stop the communist woke election fraud; Usually advocating violence and direct confrontation. WE saw this with 1/6 where message boards everywhere and the livestream showed thousands of people everywhere gleefully planning an overthrow of the government and the election, but when things went south, it was Antifa and BLM.

Even though the participants bragged about it and many are well known.

Obviously those were Feds planted by the deep state to manufacture this poo poo.

All of the right wingers who were rising up and doing those false flags were actually all federal agents spiderman pointing at each other while the "real" patriots gave each other knowing smirks.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

the_steve posted:

Obviously those were Feds planted by the deep state to manufacture this poo poo.

All of the right wingers who were rising up and doing those false flags were actually all federal agents spiderman pointing at each other while the "real" patriots gave each other knowing smirks.

I'm just impressed at the dedication of the feds to get blatantly racist tats in prominent locations. All of them clearly done at least 10 years ago. And let's not even mention the promotions the people with the face tats must get.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

the_steve posted:

Yeah, but perusing the Freep thread I see a lot of suggestions to stay home and not to publicly protest any of Trump's arrests since it's a DoJ setup and poo poo. Yet, the turnout for all these arrests has been comically small, suggesting that people did, in fact, stay home. So where are all the Antifa BML plants?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

If the nazis are false flags stirring up trouble to make republicans look bad, republicans should go beat the poo poo out of them for it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, but perusing the Freep thread I see a lot of suggestions to stay home and not to publicly protest any of Trump's arrests since it's a DoJ setup and poo poo. Yet, the turnout for all these arrests has been comically small, suggesting that people did, in fact, stay home. So where are all the Antifa BML plants?

Obviously they're too scared to actually face Big Daddy Trump.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

BiggerBoat posted:

Pointing out factual contradictions isn't going to be a magic bullet to "gotcha" the fascists, the contradictions are the point of fascism.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Kanos posted:

Disney first acquired that land (which was, at the time, unincorporated swampland) through a series of shell companies and smaller purchases to hide that they were, in fact, Walt Fuckin' Disney Corporation trying to build another theme park to go with DisneyLand on the west coast. There is no way to hide buying up that much land now, and it would be too ungodly expensive, even for the Mouse, to try and build out a project of that size today anywhere.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

If the nazis are false flags stirring up trouble to make republicans look bad, republicans should go beat the poo poo out of them for it.

There's been some altercations between extremist groups already, like Proud Boys harassing Patriot Front guys, especially since the PBs are unmasked and the Patriot Front is uniformly masked and wearing concealing clothing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Young Freud posted:

There's been some altercations between extremist groups already, like Proud Boys harassing Patriot Front guys, especially since the PBs are unmasked and the Patriot Front is uniformly masked and wearing concealing clothing.

Perhaps the only possible good that could come of this is more nice "let them fight" moments.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Gyges posted:

Perhaps the only possible good that could come of this is more nice "let them fight" moments.

The enemy of my enemy is still a fascist, let them kill each other over who the shadow president actually is.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

AlternateNu posted:

Not to mention the sheer autonomy that Disney has historically had there. Desantis has been loving with that recently, but it could easily be reversed by the next governor/legislature.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Not to mention the sheer autonomy that Disney has historically had there. Desantis has been loving with that recently, but it could easily be reversed by the next governor/legislature.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was sooner than that since Desantis' crew immediately got the firefighters pissed off at them and making noise about how lovely they wanna run things.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

PhazonLink posted:

i hope triple A videogames does a good labor thing.

but im not sure. videogames (and tech) have a ton of flavoraid drinkers.

This will help. I suspect Activision/Blizzard is going to find out.

The National Labor Relations Board just announced a major change in union law.

The short version is: If the employer is tilting the scales in a union election enough that they would have to redo the election under current law, then instead of having a redo election the employer will be forced to recognize the union instead.

https://www.nlrb.gov/news-outreach/news-story/board-issues-decision-announcing-new-framework-for-union-representation

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

Disney first acquired that land (which was, at the time, unincorporated swampland) through a series of shell companies and smaller purchases to hide that they were, in fact, Walt Fuckin' Disney Corporation trying to build another theme park to go with DisneyLand on the west coast. There is no way to hide buying up that much land now, and it would be too ungodly expensive, even for the Mouse, to try and build out a project of that size today anywhere.

A group of tech billionaires secretly bought up 50k acres in Northern California, and only started getting attention because the government was concerned about it being next to Travis AFB.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

borkencode posted:

A group of tech billionaires secretly bought up 50k acres in Northern California, and only started getting attention because the government was concerned about it being next to Travis AFB.

And thats almost twice as much land taken up by Disney World (27,520 acres)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shooting Blanks posted:

It's almost certainly going to get reversed by the courts because DeSantis and the Legislature went out of their way to check off as many constitutional violations as possible on camera. To the point where I'd be surprised if one of the dumbfucks didn't call the new law a bill of attainder in an interview or on Twitter.

Which is completely disregarding the fact that the State's lawyers are going up against Disney Legal after making it personal. An uphill battle even if Florida hadn't been acting comically unconstitutionally.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s also incredibly stupid considering that Disney World is the biggest tourist attraction in the state, if not the country, if not the world. If he actually succeeded in killing it Florida loses an enormous amount of business

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

haveblue posted:

It’s also incredibly stupid considering that Disney World is the biggest tourist attraction in the state, if not the country, if not the world. If he actually succeeded in killing it Florida loses an enormous amount of business

For the reasons pointed out above, Disney can't just relocate Disney World, and FL probably isn't capable of killing it off. They can, however, make it painful enough for the Mouse so as to relocate everything away from Disney World that doesn't absolutely need to be there. Disney already killed a planned $1B campus and 2k new jobs due to Desantis' war - that's a lot of tax revenue, and should have been a pretty big hit to Desantis' pro-business image.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 3, 2023

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I would imagine the biggest western video game developers and publishers would move their mocap and voice talent over to a place like Canada or New Zealand. Somewhere that SAG-AFTRA can't get them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kanos posted:

Yeah, this is probably true. They'd have to basically do the equivalent of building a massive city elsewhere to get back to where they are now from an infrastructure perspective.

That said, Florida is also rapidly on its way to becoming an environmental disaster hot spot.

There's a pretty big distinction between lowlying coastal areas and Orlando (and Gainesville, and Tallahassee). As much trouble as it's going to cause, Florida as a whole is not going to sink beneath the waves.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shrecknet posted:

Correct, which is why I just laugh when people talk about Disney leaving

That's on top of the fact that they have been building out their property since the 1960s.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Google Jeb Bush posted:

There's a pretty big distinction between lowlying coastal areas and Orlando (and Gainesville, and Tallahassee). As much trouble as it's going to cause, Florida as a whole is not going to sink beneath the waves.

Yeah, Miami and Key West are the Florida cities you've heard of that are facing complete devastation from sea level rises.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Keys already flood now, on sunny days. There are a bunch of articles out there but they don't really get much attention.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Gyges posted:

Yeah, Miami and Key West are the Florida cities you've heard of that are facing complete devastation from sea level rises.

I live in that upper right red part there on an island maybe a mile wide. 3x I've had hurricane flood waters reach half way up my slanted driveway and several neighbors to my west have flooded multiple times. My house is paid for so my plan is to stick around, wait 6 years for my son to turn 18, the child support payments are done and then sell this place if it's still standing and gently caress off ot higher ground somewhere. Hopefully out of the godforsaken red hell hole of Florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Keys already flood now, on sunny days. There are a bunch of articles out there but they don't really get much attention.

they sure do. i'm trying to put a trip together for my 40th to key west next year and im more worried than ever about the timing and storms and poo poo