Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's Quincy Morris, the cowboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Philippe posted:

He's Quincy Morris, the cowboy

of course he is! Goddamn it I need this movie.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hang on. Bunsen Honeydew is Seward and Beaker is Renfield. Kermit and Miss Piggy play Jonathan and Mina Harker.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Honestly, a Muppet version of a famous horror story sounds pretty cool and could actually work. Dracula in particular sounds awesome but you could also do Frankenstein or Phantom of the Opera.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Phantom of the Opera would especially work cause it'd just be an episode of the Muppet Show.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The plot catalyst is Waldorf & Statler occupying the phantom's reserved box

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Philippe posted:

Hang on. Bunsen Honeydew is Seward and Beaker is Renfield. Kermit and Miss Piggy play Jonathan and Mina Harker.

I was thinking Bunsen as Van Helsing, but Beaker would I guess need to be "Van Helsing's Assistant" or something.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Honeydew as Van Helsing suggests that Beaker ought to be Seward, which is a wonderful image

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Playing back his gramophone diaries. "MEE MEE meemee meeee, meemee MEE."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kantesu posted:

Honeydew as Van Helsing suggests that Beaker ought to be Seward, which is a wonderful image

God, this is perfect.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Phantom of the Opera would especially work cause it'd just be an episode of the Muppet Show.

Just a regular tuesday for Gonzo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The original Phantom Of The Opera novel is now copyright free so it was somewhat inevitable that some guy is selling this on Amazon:

It's pretty much the original novel with the names switched to Muppet names, plus a smattering of jokes

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah but unfortunately for that author the Muppets characters are the sole property of Disney.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I couldn’t cast a beer commercial

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Muppets Dracula:

Dracula: Can we use Sesame Street Count?
Johnathon: Kermit
Mina: Miss Piggy
Lucy: Janice?
Van Helsing: Honeydew. Beaker is an assistant.
Renfield: Animal or Crazy Harry?

We need Gonzo, Fozzie and Rowlf in there so maybe Seward and the vampire hunter dudes.

Sweetums, Uncle Deadly and Rizzo the Rat could be monsters in the castle.

Kind of writes itself and now I want to see it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
If none of you can recognise the comedic potential of Van Helsing being played (completely straight and with no realisation from any other character or mugging at the camera) by the Count then I'm not sure we can be friends.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Every now and again I stare into space washing for a Muppets Bond film.

Dominic Cooper as James Bond.
Miss Moneypiggy.
Kermit M Frog.
Beaker and Dr Bunsen HoneyQ.
Sam the Eagle as Felix Fleiter.

All working to take down the agents of G.O.N.Z.O., who have hatched a plan to steal all the world's chickens. Their volcano base is obviously modelled on Gonzo's face, where the nose straightens out to form an airstrip.

Bond has to meet a fellow agent, working under cover as a Swedish chef. Unbeknownst to Bond, however, there is a rat in the organisation... (it's Rizzo).

Also Statler and Waldorf are civil servant penny pinchers raking Bond over the coals for how much he's costing MI5.

"Your last caper nearly destroyed a whole tube line! You could have ruined a key piece of public infrastructure!"

"Yeah, and that's the government's job!"

"Ooohhhhohohoho"

...maybe I should just write the screenplay and then ambush Disney execs/whoever owns the Bond copyright.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Needs at least one human actor as a straight man, a la Michael Caine’s Scrooge. Maybe Gary Oldman as Dracula?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Needs at least one human actor as a straight man, a la Michael Caine’s Scrooge. Maybe Gary Oldman as Dracula?

Gonzo's henchman would be the perfect role for that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are you referring to Rizzo as a henchman?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Flint_Paper posted:

Every now and again I stare into space washing for a Muppets Bond film.

Dominic Cooper as James Bond.
Miss Moneypiggy.
Kermit M Frog.
Beaker and Dr Bunsen HoneyQ.
Sam the Eagle as Felix Fleiter.

All working to take down the agents of G.O.N.Z.O., who have hatched a plan to steal all the world's chickens. Their volcano base is obviously modelled on Gonzo's face, where the nose straightens out to form an airstrip.

Bond has to meet a fellow agent, working under cover as a Swedish chef. Unbeknownst to Bond, however, there is a rat in the organisation... (it's Rizzo).

Also Statler and Waldorf are civil servant penny pinchers raking Bond over the coals for how much he's costing MI5.

"Your last caper nearly destroyed a whole tube line! You could have ruined a key piece of public infrastructure!"

"Yeah, and that's the government's job!"

"Ooohhhhohohoho"

...maybe I should just write the screenplay and then ambush Disney execs/whoever owns the Bond copyright.

This owns.

Man, so much untapped Muppet Movie potential I never thought about. It worked for A Christmas Carol. I don't see why they can't apply the formula to other genres. Or even just remake a good movie using Muppets. Jurassic Park or something like Lego does.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

You are all fuckin cowards. What I want to see you recast via Muppets is Downfall

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I would also settle for Fury Road

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It sucks that The Muppets resurgence from the Jason Segal movie petered out. Not that I want to see Disney do to the Muppets what it did to Star Wars, but I still want more Muppets.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Many years ago I was driving past a small town movie theatre with a tiny little marquee outside advertising what was obviously two movies but forever burned a very specific single image into my mind

MUPPET HELLRAISER

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!"
*ext - a pack of wolves are wearing red and white striped vests with arm garters and straw hats*
🎶"By the light of the silvery moon..."🎵

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

maybealabia posted:

Many years ago I was driving past a small town movie theatre with a tiny little marquee outside advertising what was obviously two movies but forever burned a very specific single image into my mind

MUPPET HELLRAISER

Great, now the image of Statler and Waldorf mocking the Cenobites won’t leave MY head. “You call that pain? We’ve endured worse!” “Yeah, like watching Fozzie every episode of our show!” “DOHOHOHOHOHO!”

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Ahem.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Coppolas dracula exactly the same but with all the actors swapped for muppets except for Gary Oldman.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Muppet Frankenstein, with the monster being the only human character.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

freeedr posted:

You are all fuckin cowards. What I want to see you recast via Muppets is Downfall

If we’re going in that sort of direction: A Muppet Serbian Film

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GrandpaPants posted:

It sucks that The Muppets resurgence from the Jason Segal movie petered out. Not that I want to see Disney do to the Muppets what it did to Star Wars, but I still want more Muppets.

Muppet mayhem is a fantastic show. It’s getting zero attention and probably no one is watching, but it’s a fantastic show.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"You couldn't make Muppet Blazing Saddles today."

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Muppet Tropic Thunder

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm a dude with my hand up a dude who thinks he's another dude!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm a dude with my hand up a dude who thinks he's another dude!

I am 110% in

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Muppet Caligula

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

CaptainCrunch posted:

Muppet Caligula

I was going to say Muppet 9 1/2 Weeks

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

On that note, can we have Muppet Star Wars? Gonzo as Luke, Sam the Eagle as Moff Tarkin, Fozzie as Chewie, Kermit as Obi-Wan, Miss Piggy as Darth Vader (because Miss Piggy as Leia is basically already just Leia), Camilla the chicken as Leia...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
No, big twist villain. Amy Adams is Darth Vader. Playing it totally straight.