Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Red Baron posted:

wait there’s a DLSS mod because I get like 30 fps in cities
to add: i would also recommend knocking down some of the lighting/shadow settings to low (contact, volumetric, shadow quality, and qtao) and turn dynamic res/motion blur/film grain/vsync off. with those settings + dlss mod + 75% render scale + ultra/high textures i'm at least hitting 60-75 fps on a 3080 in most places now and mostly consistent while still looking good

usually i like to leave vsync on but it was making the game feel weirdly sluggish and kinda janky for some reason

unfortunately 120fps aint happening, not that i expected it to, but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

What does dlss do. Nerds make it sound like essentially magic that makes your computer more epicer. I think my 2060 is dlss capable so I should probably install

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

What does dlss do. Nerds make it sound like essentially magic that makes your computer more epicer. I think my 2060 is dlss capable so I should probably install

you set the game to a low resolution and then nvidia passes it through a magic box that makes it look like it's not low resolution even though it is, and does it without as much of a performance hit as if you were at the high resolution

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

DaysBefore posted:

it lets your gpu render the game at a lower res and then upscale it using parts of it that aren't utilized for rasterized graphics

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I got beaten by like three other goons to explaining this, nevermind

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
good job, non-unionized workers of cydonia

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

despite it being the "bad" ending the arasaka ending in cyberpunk was the only one that really resonated with me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DLSS (and FSR but FSR isn't as good yet) can have blurring and latency issues, it's usually not great for twitchy games or multiplayer but it can also be a big FPS boost for free more or less

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

peop[le already explained it but to show some videos in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi3JpNBQeM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD18GsXwb6I

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Xaris posted:

to add: i would also recommend knocking down some of the lighting/shadow settings to low (contact, volumetric, shadow quality, and qtao) and turn dynamic res/motion blur/film grain/vsync off. with those settings + dlss mod + 75% render scale + ultra/high textures i'm at least hitting 60-75 fps on a 3080 in most places now and mostly consistent while still looking good

usually i like to leave vsync on but it was making the game feel weirdly sluggish and kinda janky for some reason

unfortunately 120fps aint happening, not that i expected it to, but oh well

IIRC you could fix this in their previous games by turning off vsync in game and forcing it in nvidia control panel settings for that app.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al! posted:

they didn't include aliens because then there'd be alien babes and alien babes leads to sex and sex is not allowed in starfield

holy poo poo does the game really not have any alien species
it really is "Liberals in Space: The Game" isn't it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RandomBlue posted:

IIRC you could fix this in their previous games by turning off vsync in game and forcing it in nvidia control panel settings for that app.

oh neat. ok I’ll give that a shot. I’m not getting any tearing with it off sk far

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

peop[le already explained it but to show some videos in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi3JpNBQeM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD18GsXwb6I

Woah so it actually is magic. Thank u nerds, gonna download this

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Al! posted:

good job, non-unionized workers of cydonia

lmao this said 0 for me when I first saw it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Haven't looked up anything about the endings in AC6 or how to get there, but does replaying missions change anything in that regard?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ziasquinn posted:

but honestly the thing that was wrecking me the most was the shotgun/rocket blast which is very telegraphed but enough to break my armor then get murdered by follow up @.@

Yeah, I never got the timing down for avoiding the shotgun. It's the sort of thing where I know reliably dodging it is probably possible, but I couldn't figure out the timing.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm having a hard time with this too. I've picked up companions who seem to specialize in this sort of thing, and my research has hit a bottleneck because I can't buy nickel or polymer anywhere.

How do I, you know, start churching out resources?

Try Jemison Mercantile on New Atlantis for resources, just checked there and they have a good selection.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

Woah so it actually is magic. Thank u nerds, gonna download this
yeah kind of, if implemented natively and properly like death stranding. it can have some relatively minor drawbacks like a few ms more latency but usually not noticeable. in this case it’s a janky mod job so it’s not nearly as good as using it in DS, but it’s still better than FSR. I think one of the main things that makes it run lovely is just it’s gamebyro engine garbage so there’s really nothing you can do to avoid the gamebryo life no matter how many tweaks and mods you try

it’s be so good if they used the death stranding/decima/fox engine instead but lol

Xaris has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Sep 3, 2023

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

genericnick posted:

Haven't looked up anything about the endings in AC6 or how to get there, but does replaying missions change anything in that regard?

mission replays do not effect endings at all, when you make a decision youre locked into that path until you reach one. replaying is just for finding logs you missed, hidden parts, cash or achievements.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

ac6 ending is just your robot sitting on a big robot throne while the world is consumed in red, yellow, or regular colored flames

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
lmao the DLSS mod is so many steps I’ll just wait for the full support

my 2080ti cranking out 30 fps will do for now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:allears:
https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1698174004601709025

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
loving platonic ideal of malding

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Red Baron posted:

It's like three steps and they're all either 'click download' or 'extract to the starfield folder'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

loving platonic ideal of malding

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

triple sulk posted:

ff9 would maybe be a good game if they fixed the combat and 2/3rds most of the cast not poo poo

FF9 should have been Vivi's story, and Black Waltz should have been the villain. Zidane, Kuja, and Garland and their leech planet plot were dumb. Also keep summons a relevant part of the story.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this guy sounds / looks like the publican from Connie's Shrovis Bishopthorpe (good British computing!)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

What the gently caress

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lmao, its the space future dipshit

E: I admit he does have a point about being boring. Where are all the gene mod cat enbys at?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DaysBefore posted:

What the gently caress

I see you know your judo Bethesda

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

You know someone's opinions are worthwhile when they have a shelf littered with action figures behind them

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

All because, at the end of character creation, you can click a button to cycle through three sets of pronouns lol...

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Red Baron posted:

it’s really not too bad, you put one dll in the parent folder and everything else goes into mods/UpscalerBasePlugin then you press the End key in the game’s menu, the instructions make it out to be way more complicated than it is

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The gay widower companion is the platonic ideal of dudes rocking. His husband sounds like he was a really cool guy.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

we’re gonna see some WILD Starfield mods

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Nix Panicus posted:

E: I admit he does have a point about being boring. Where are all the gene mod cat enbys at?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Even if they tried to go with the most birdbrained trad "1880's in Space" interpretation, I have some terrible news about Charles Gordon and James Brooke and what made them so eager to leave England behind and spend their whole lives adventuring for Queen and country... :gay:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Sharps posted:

ac6 ending is just your robot sitting on a big robot throne while the world is consumed in red, yellow, or regular colored flames

deus mechs: hubicon revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the tory version of PreachGaming