Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MrQwerty posted:

Glomp around in the mud back into civilization like a pig, that's what Dirty D from Los Angeles is doing

Dirty D is living his best life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Can confirm.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'm really trying to unpick why it's so repulsive to see wealthy corpos cos playing as free wheeling seekers.

Also if anyone thinks poors go to burning man I'll have you know me and my friends have to use a knife to slice a single bean for dinner and only have one old tie dyed shirt that we share and its all stretched out furthermore

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Questions my naive assumptions in a city of millions.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

AARD VARKMAN posted:

let's brainstorm some more ways they can get out of there

people bring power tools to this thing right, you could start pulling vehicles sides and tops off and fashion a kind of sheet metal road. 5 miles, how many vehicles could it possibly take? Math goons?

Honestly just lay all those bicycles down in two straight lines, drive over that and don’t look back

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Fastest way would be to sink through the earth and pop out on the other side of the world.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dr Spangle posted:

Hire some backwards firemen that are trained to rescue a car from a burning man

Delightful

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

My Facebook friend who is stuck at Churning Mud is in fact poor and going there was a bucket list item he saved up for for months, drove there with Internet strangers splitting gas money, and now he's freaked out about getting fired when he can't return to work on Tues.

Lol and lmao at the tech bros but spare a small "dang that sucks" for my friend.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

okay so, what if balloons filled with buoyant gas to shuttle out burners? They've got loads of water at the moment to DIY the hydrogen out of

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

smoobles posted:

My Facebook friend who is stuck at Churning Mud is in fact poor and going there was a bucket list item he saved up for for months, drove there with Internet strangers splitting gas money, and now he's freaked out about getting fired when he can't return to work on Tues.

Lol and lmao at the tech bros but spare a small "dang that sucks" for my friend.

Good time to rob his apartment.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

redshirt posted:

Good time to rob his apartment.

And steal what? A quarter can of beans with seran wrap around it? His PlayStation 2? A stinky mattress?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

smoobles posted:

And steal what? A quarter can of beans with seran wrap around it? His PlayStation 2? A stinky mattress?

Yes. He has a knife handed down over generations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

perhaps someone there could do all of the drugs and use the resulting boost in their psychic abilities to contact the dimension of the Sasquatch, and see if everyone can hitch a ride home using the Bigfoot's mastery of wormholes and teleportation

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

IMO the solution next year is to just pave BRC and make it a real city with plumbing and fast food

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SatansOnion posted:

okay so, what if balloons filled with buoyant gas to shuttle out burners? They've got loads of water at the moment to DIY the hydrogen out of

Big science stations. Hundreds of applicants, can you deal with working in Venusian orbit?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Surely poor people also had access to weather forecasts prior to the event?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*80's music montage

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Ya know, much like the solution to "there's a lot of shootings" is "don't have so many guns", maybe going to the middle of the desert to do drugs and have weird sex you feel you need to be in a desert for you could simply not.

I don't really care how burntman started, it's a dumb loving idea. There was a previous post about how actually TTRPG nerds go there and I struggle to see why paying $600+ to LARP in a desert is any better of an idea tbh.

Like, at least do your weird poo poo where you can be bailed out when something like this inevitably happens.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Yeah, it’s dumb and I’m unprepared - but have you considered that I really want to go? Have you? Probably not!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

fuctifino posted:

Surely poor people also had access to weather forecasts prior to the event?

weather forecasts? in this economy?

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Maybe instead of burning all that lumber they take their giant popsicle stick sculptures apart and make a plank road to get the gently caress out.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
They need to find a way to enforce a better ratio of the actual weird and creative arts people vs. the horrible tech bro Coachella hangers-on. Like how night clubs enforce a women/men ratio and leave all the unaccompanied dorks standing in line outside

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

smoobles posted:

Was the rain something people knew or was it surprising? genuinely curious

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I've wondered how many murders happen at Burning Man and similarly remote conventions.

It would be fairly simple in regards to loving with someone's drugs in a way that no one would notice until it was too late. They crash and don't wake up, stash them where it looks like they're sleeping, perfect murder.

The idle rich seem like they'd engage in that kind of thing.

No real reason.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Crazyweasel posted:

Was the rain something people knew or was it surprising? genuinely curious

Hurricane remnants had just hosed the place up before the festival started and yes more rain was predicted. 100% foreseeable

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

DicktheCat posted:

I've wondered how many murders happen at Burning Man and similarly remote conventions.

It would be fairly simple in regards to loving with someone's drugs in a way that no one would notice until it was too late. They crash and don't wake up, stash them where it looks like they're sleeping, perfect murder.

No real reason.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

DicktheCat posted:

No real reason.

lmao OK ted bundy, tell us how many other clever murder ideas you got?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If you want to be around gross sweaty weirdos so badly just go to a LAN party. gently caress the desert.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

No real reason.

Bad. ....... rear end!!!

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I mean, sure people can see weather forecasts, but Burning Man tickets aren't refundable so you wouldn't be getting that money back. Add to it any bullshit airlines might give you for canceling a week or two before the flight and any other issues that might arise from having made plans in advance (work leave, child and pet care, and so on) and I can understand why people would've gone anyway.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

In other disastrous festivals going on, Electric Zoo stopped letting ticketed people in because they oversold it and the gates got crashed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im 37 years old should i go to charlotte to see kaskade and porter robinson at the end of the month

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DicktheCat posted:

No real reason.

That's more of an Epstein Island or Bohemian Grove kind of affair.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DicktheCat posted:

No real reason.

it’s not the idle rich this post makes look like a serial killer

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Butterwagon posted:

Recent leaked video from the chaos at Burning Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo

this scene is why my wife won't let me show our six year old this movie lol

and some people take their six year olds to burning man. huh

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

MiracleFlare posted:

I mean, sure people can see weather forecasts, but Burning Man tickets aren't refundable so you wouldn't be getting that money back. Add to it any bullshit airlines might give you for canceling a week or two before the flight and any other issues that might arise from having made plans in advance (work leave, child and pet care, and so on) and I can understand why people would've gone anyway.

Yeah, people spend months planning and prepping for this sort of thing, usually.

It might cost a few thousand all up, but is really considered a sort of pilgrimage and entirely worth it in some crunchy circles.

It looks like things are going to be fine for most people, thankfully.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

MiracleFlare posted:

OceanGate.txt

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

FizFashizzle posted:

im 37 years old should i go to charlotte to see kaskade and porter robinson at the end of the month

Yeah porter is really fun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

No real reason.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

FizFashizzle posted:

I went to Kx5 last fall at 37 and still had fun. Kaskade is kinda whatever in a festival setting, but he at least plays his best singles.