Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Beastie posted:

It's 2 years old.

I share screenshots by using the app and downloading it to my phone.

If you don't want to do that use one of those third party sites that have your clips. I think it's called a Xvideos.com

try anyways

or just buy a new one not that expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did you try turning off motion blur? You’ll have to wait for the modders to add FOV slider and unlocked frame rate 😔

Yeah, didn't help. Really need an FOV slider, I'm pretty sure that is what is going on.

Zwille posted:

Isn’t there something in the accessibility menu for that? You’d expect a first party title to be on top of that

You'd think?? Please get on it, Microsoft.

webmeister posted:

For what it’s worth, I get horrendous motion sickness from first person view in most games, but rarely have a problem in third person. Maybe try that?

I did think this might help but it did not. I think the FOV is still too low.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just open the screenshot on your TV and take a picture of the screen. Bing bong

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://gamerdvr.com/

Been using it for years. You can snag your pictures and download videos from there.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Just upload them to the network and download them from the Xbox app on your phone it's stupid easy.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Todd you son of a bitch his name was Dennis in Jurassic Park

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Something I was thinking about is what is Microsoft going to do with all the cons they run now? With Bethesda they got QuakeCon and they are going to get BlizCon. Are they going to stay specific to there companies? I could see QuakeCon becoming a more FPS focused convention.

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

Beastie posted:

If you don't want to do that use one of those third party sites that have your clips. I think it's called a Xvideos.com

Do not go to that site especially if you are at work, maybe if you are in a restroom.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Beastie posted:

So pretty much since last year my Xbox Series X has been crashing while playing what I can only deem to be graphically intense current gen games. It was almost exclusively on BF2042, so I assumed it was EA sucking.

Years ago my Series X occasionally did something like that if laid horizontally. Ever since putting it in vertical 'chimney' mode it's been fine though, I think because the heat dispersion works better.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

CONVERT PDF TO WORD posted:

Do not go to that site especially if you are at work, maybe if you are in a restroom.

Is it a Musk owned YouTube competitor?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Starfield is overwhelming me. Also, I punched a guy so hard his head got stuck in the ceiling.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fanatic posted:

Years ago my Series X occasionally did something like that if laid horizontally. Ever since putting it in vertical 'chimney' mode it's been fine though, I think because the heat dispersion works better.

So after putting it all back together it still crashed. I have it standing upright 100% of the time. I figured why not lay it on its side? It crashed even sooner. That right there pretty much tells me it has to do with the GPU getting too hot.

I've been messing with a few settings with regards to display, which means I've relaunched the game a few times. Just now it crashed and actually shut down the Xbox. Once again pointed to a heat problem.

My poo poo is borked. I'll try and contact MS support next week (leaving town on Tuesday) to try and explain this is a hardware issue. Maybe I can politely boss them into overlooking the warranty.

Otherwise I've going to get a new one and sell this one as is

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Lammasu posted:

Something I was thinking about is what is Microsoft going to do with all the cons they run now? With Bethesda they got QuakeCon and they are going to get BlizCon. Are they going to stay specific to there companies? I could see QuakeCon becoming a more FPS focused convention.

Just take a cue from Sony. Oh wait, the only con Sony runs is PlayStation Plus.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Beastie posted:

So after putting it all back together it still crashed. I have it standing upright 100% of the time. I figured why not lay it on its side? It crashed even sooner. That right there pretty much tells me it has to do with the GPU getting too hot.

How’s the ventilation? Is it free all around? Can you point a fan towards it and see if that alleviates it?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Zwille posted:

How’s the ventilation? Is it free all around? Can you point a fan towards it and see if that alleviates it?

Off the floor and nothing around it for a foot in any direction. It's not in a nook/entertainment center.

I suppose I could try aiming a box fan at the back of it for shits and giggles but gently caress that is not a great solution in my book.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Beastie posted:

I've been messing with a few settings with regards to display, which means I've relaunched the game a few times. Just now it crashed and actually shut down the Xbox. Once again pointed to a heat problem.

My poo poo is borked. I'll try and contact MS support next week (leaving town on Tuesday) to try and explain this is a hardware issue. Maybe I can politely boss them into overlooking the warranty.

Otherwise I've going to get a new one and sell this one as is

That's frustrating. Super weird it only happens on certain games. The only other thing I can think of is a total dismantle of the system to apply new thermal paste, but hopefully Microsoft can help after you explain the whole situation to them. Good luck.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Out of warranty just means the repair isn't free, but they'll still do it. It seems worth it at this point, but it sucks that the warranty is fairly short.

I've had to have my old 360 repaired years ago, because the disc tray wouldn't work anymore. They fixed it for something like €60-100.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
if your budget is tight, though it doesn’t necessarily seem like it since you mentioned buying a new one, there are sometimes local places like PC repair shops that are often cheaper than out of warranty OEM repair. i haven’t had to do it with a current gen console, but maybe it’s just something like the hs isn’t seated well or the thermal paste is dried/cracked and they can knock that out quick/cheap

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I have an xbox 360 (e, the slimmer, flatter one) which is moddded but it feels like it’s running hot and it doesn’t want to turn on right now. Does anyone have a cooling solution for these ones which they have had success with?

Edit: still looking for a cooling solution but the reason it wouldn’t display was fuuuucking stupid tv was on HDMI 1 which is the series x, not HDMI2 which is the hdmi switch. I’m a moron.

otter fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 5, 2023

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Found a decent deal for one of those 1tb expansion cards on eBay, only $125(not including shipping or taxes) so that will be nice when it gets here next week assuming it works(it was admittedly listed as pre-owned)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Found a decent deal for one of those 1tb expansion cards on eBay, only $125(not including shipping or taxes) so that will be nice when it gets here next week assuming it works(it was admittedly listed as pre-owned)

Western Digital ones I guess? Because the few Seagate that I can find are stupidly expensive.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

otter posted:

I have an xbox 360 (e, the slimmer, flatter one) which is moddded but it feels like it’s running hot and it doesn’t want to turn on right now. Does anyone have a cooling solution for these ones which they have had success with?

Edit: still looking for a cooling solution but the reason it wouldn’t display was fuuuucking stupid tv was on HDMI 1 which is the series x, not HDMI2 which is the hdmi switch. I’m a moron.

I have a somewhat related problem with my HDMI setup. Got a few things hooked up to my TV via HDMI, but for some reason, whenever I change the input to another device, the XSX always makes the TV switch back to its own HDMI input. I have to actually turn the thing off to be able to switch inputs to my media PC, for example. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Xbox feature where you can force the TV to switch to your XSX by pressing the Guide button (which I have enabled).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Guillermus posted:

Western Digital ones I guess? Because the few Seagate that I can find are stupidly expensive.

Seagate actually, like I said it is apparently a used one, though I imagine that shouldn't really be much of an issue for a SSD like it could be for other types of storage

Can't imagine there's any real difference between either brand though aside from the Western Digital ones being a bit easier to find on Amazon

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass for September is starting with a few biggies...

COMING:
Today: Gris (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Sept 6: Starfield (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Sept 14: Solar Ash (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Sept 19: Lies of P (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Sept 15:
Amazing Cultivation Simulator (PC)
Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventure of Krypto and Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Fuga: Melodies of Steel (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Metal Hellsinger (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Tainted Grail: Conquest (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Train Sim World 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gris is a beautiful, simple game. I think I hit credits on the switch in 4-5 hours.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

My game pass subscription is going to waste because all I do is play Starfield. It has me hooked hard, been playing non-stop since last Friday.

It's been a decade, possibly since Skyrim, that a game has managed to suck me in like this. This will become my game of this current gen, no doubt.

It's also the most visually atmospheric game I have ever played, here are some gameplay pics I took with the photo mode :

The game really feels like it's endless.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

My game pass subscription is going to waste because all I do is play Starfield. It has me hooked hard, been playing non-stop since last Friday.

It's been a decade, possibly since Skyrim, that a game has managed to suck me in like this. This will become my game of this current gen, no doubt.

It's also the most visually atmospheric game I have ever played, here are some gameplay pics I took with the photo mode :

The game really feels like it's endless.

Post these in the video game screenshots thread. It needs more love.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796985&perpage=40&pagenumber=51&noseen=1

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

External Organs posted:

Gris is a beautiful, simple game. I think I hit credits on the switch in 4-5 hours.

It's great, I'm looking forward to replaying it. I gotta get some art from it, looks like there's a bunch on Inprnt.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Nice, didn't know this existed. Will do!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Don’t suppose you know what time Starfield is playable in Aus?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Don’t suppose you know what time Starfield is playable in Aus?

10 am AEST

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here's a graphic put out a while back with the times for everywhere.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Star-field? Never heard of it, is it some indie game?

Ah well it’s free on game pass might as well give it a look.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Cool, cheers guys

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I got hooked back on Slay the Spire right as everyone started playing early access Starfield but it's on gamepass so xbox stays winning. I think the weirdest thing is how not hyped I've been for Starfield. Not like I'm not looking forward to it but I thought I would be way more hyped for the next Bethesda game considering how much I loved TES and Fallouts. But I find myself going "oh that's cool, I'll get around to it since it's on gamepass." Which is a nice problem to have really. I've also been playing Exoprimal which is a hoot. I know, I'm so behind the curve. There's so many fun gamepass games I'm slowly catching up on, it rules.

Also weirdly more excited for the big Cyberpunk update, which seems wrong lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Downloading Starfield

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh cool it’s actually tonight

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's installing right now. I'll be playing it soon

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
My brother and I do that console home/sharing thing that works for all digital games. Starfield early access is the first time it’s not worked, just tells me to buy the upgrade also. Strange because it worked for early access to battlefield 2042. Those bastards figured something out :argh:

Anyway he’s playing the hell out of it and I’ve been watching, it looks pretty interesting. I never got along with oblivion or Skyrim, but I think I’ll give this a go at least - though the AI looks shite in combat, and the gun play doesn’t look ideal. I am also not a big fan of looting, which seems to be a major attraction for my bro. The exploration would be the main thing for me, and the storylines/tasks look engaging. The dog fighting is total dog poo poo, you just drive your slow boat around in a circle and hope you don’t get blown up first (may be skill issue). Graphics are extremely good.

That’s my expert opinion from having watched about 6 hours of someone disregarding enemy fire/alien attack to look at largely uninteresting loot on dead bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There’s thousands of side quests and interesting characters if that’s more your jam. I’m definitely a looter/hoarder in addition though. Saving up for a space big rig to store all of my spoils.