Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
my brother went there twice and had never been the same since. he wont stfu about bitcoin and nft poo poo but didnt go to the moon from it yet. last time we spoke he was fascinated with pursing a startup to combine blockchain with personalized medical records.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
wow that's rad. sounds like your brother is retarded. and it might be genetic

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

RadiRoot posted:

my brother went there twice and had never been the same since. he wont stfu about bitcoin and nft poo poo but didnt go to the moon from it yet. last time we spoke he was fascinated with pursing a startup to combine blockchain with personalized medical records.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ohtori Akio posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

RadiRoot posted:

tell him that is last years idea. he needs to work AI into the concept if he wants any bites

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

you would know

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

bedpan posted:

tell him that is last years idea. he needs to work AI into the concept if he wants any bites

lol yeah i dont want to give him ideas

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

RadiRoot posted:

you would know

yep. i hosed your mom and our kids are normal. so its probably on your dads side

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

yep. i hosed your mom and our kids are normal. so its probably on your dads side

neat.

yeah my mom came close to dying recently so maybe gently caress off?

RadiRoot fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 4, 2023

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Platystemon posted:

Hit Utz for being gross, sure, but a golden retriever could have gotten to the bottom of this “mystery”.

Wow this guy wants to drown dogs in mud.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Platystemon posted:

Hit Utz for being gross, sure, but a golden retriever could have gotten to the bottom of this “mystery”.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i didnt know who Utz was so my bad

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

"venmo for isis" :lmao:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RadiRoot posted:

lol

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

"venmo for isis" :lmao:
might be something to this ayahuasca stuff

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I voted for love because it sounds cute

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

RadiRoot posted:

neat.

yeah my mom came close to dying recently so maybe gently caress off?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Ohtori Akio posted:

definitely genetic

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
im definitely retarded enough to post here

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RadiRoot posted:

im definitely retarded enough to post here
every goon is, no goon is free from sin

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

dads friend steve posted:

what about my post made u think of this?

it's a syq, friend, I just needed anything to reply to

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol that it was only worth a 3 day probe, what a psycho

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Platystemon posted:

You’ve got to source your quotes.

Mods couldn’t even tell that this woman literally just flopped into the water, making ripples. Her hair is still mostly dry.

lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lol that it was only worth a 3 day probe, what a psycho

gbs ftw. you can do as many psycho posting crimes, nothing is off limits

except saying war is bad

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

its 70k people doing drugs and having gross sex in the desert itd be more surprising if they didnt

that’s an order of magnitude more people than the biggest cruise ships. those have log of births and deaths and a full morgue with room for a couple of bodies. so a week cruise might be 0-2 dead folks.

but lots of old people take cruises .

I’d estimate between anything between 0-5 wouldn’t be an abnormal number of deaths. I’d also think a birth wouldn’t be abnormal either.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Bar Ran Dun posted:

that’s an order of magnitude more people than the biggest cruise ships. those have log of births and deaths and a full morgue with room for a couple of bodies. so a week cruise might be 0-2 dead folks.

I’d estimate between anything between 0-5 wouldn’t be an abnormal number of deaths. I’d also think a birth wouldn’t be abnormal either.

how many cruise ships involve insanely high people trying to work with electrical equipment in a puddle. actually i think i can imagine

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

how many cruise ships involve insanely high people trying to work with electrical equipment in a puddle. actually i think i can imagine

Hitman level style cruise ships

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
the news: reports of a bad thing happen
gbs guys: think anyones resorted to eating teeth yet?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

If you include the crew probably a lot

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

If you include the crew probably a lot

that was the point of the post yes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bar Ran Dun posted:

The average person lives about thirty thousand days.

If you pick seventy thousand people at random out of the population, approximately two of them will happen to be on their last day.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Platystemon posted:

The average person lives about thirty thousand days.

If you pick seventy thousand people at random out of the population, approximately two of them will happen to be on their last day.

this is a terrible statistical approach. have some self respect

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ohtori Akio posted:

this is a terrible statistical approach. have some self respect

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I've wondered how many murders happen at Burning Man and similarly remote conventions.

It would be fairly simple in regards to loving with someone's drugs in a way that no one would notice until it was too late. They crash and don't wake up, stash them where it looks like they're sleeping, perfect murder.

The idle rich seem like they'd engage in that kind of thing.

No real reason.

p much never. one person died last year from some fucker's generator exhausting into their tent. I've heard 1-3 people have died this year from trying to run generators in standing water. I can't personally remember the last death from od. camps are stocked to the gills with narcan and the city has a very effective medical team.

anyways, spent the whole day tramping the mud to check that people were warm, dry, fed, and watered from our camp's extra provisions and brought two people who were stuck in the mud into my housing. we'll see how things have actually shaken out now that it's 50 degrees but it should be dry enough for people with two wheel drive to get out.

we're all taking care of each other here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sounds like these "generators" should be banned from Burning Man unless AND UNTIL we can find some volunteer electricians who won't die whenever they touch them