Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

How is that @fart goon doing these days? I think he was the egg man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

Too bad he didn't follow his own advice to "put away the crack before the crack puts you away, you wanna be there when your baby's old enough to get laid" (not sure if the last lyrics are right, I could never really make them out.)

Oh that was another thing I read about him, back in 2001 he lost his baby to leukemia so that right there would have been a factor in his drinking.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dandywalken posted:

heh... what a concept...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yeah, definitely get help sooner rather than later if alcohol is causing you problems. My personal experience is that there's no shame in not succeeding the first time or however many times it takes to get sober. Your family and loved ones (if they really care about you) will just be happy that you really tried and got there in the end. Also, the same thing doesn't work for everyone. I tried outpatient treatment several times and it probably helped overall but ultimately, getting on the right meds and making a lot of lifestyle changes took away most of the desire to even want to drink at all. There's good general guidelines for what helps keep most people sober but some people get into real black and white thinking patterns about it and it can be harmful and abusive even. Just my own personal experience.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Thesaurus posted:

Looks liked the walrus to me

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Fly to the angels Mr. Mouth :angel:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thinking to drink lass alcohol

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Death mouth

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I saw them once at Rock Fest near Chicago. Metallica and STP were headlining so no one was sure why they were there. They almost got booed off the stage.

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow I'd almost rather watch smash mouth

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

If you take 600-1200mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine with Prickly Pear extract 2-3 hours prior to drinking, whilst also remembering to take Milk Thistle with Turmeric alongside an electrolyte and B-Vitamin effervescent of your choice prior to sleeping you can drink excessively for decades without any long-term health effects - I'd also recommend pairing this with a balanced diet and exercise.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Goddamn, he redlined his body and still made it to 56, where are all the party stories?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Wizard Master posted:

If you take 600-1200mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine with Prickly Pear extract 2-3 hours prior to drinking, whilst also remembering to take Milk Thistle with Turmeric alongside an electrolyte and B-Vitamin effervescent of your choice prior to sleeping you can drink excessively for decades without any long-term health effects - I'd also recommend pairing this with a balanced diet and exercise.

Can I just give myself an iv of coconut water instead?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

down n out posted:

Goddamn, he redlined his body and still made it to 56, where are all the party stories?

I heard he once got the show on, and got paid

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Wizard Master posted:

[x] Doubt

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

down n out posted:

Partying gets in the way of drinking

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Partying gets in the way of drinking

:haibrow:

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Soon it will be all ogre

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wizard Master posted:

How do you have a balanced diet if you drink excessively? Or is drinking excessively just getting hosed up on Friday nights?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Thesaurus posted:

he hasn't posted poo poo about it

tryna pretend he has any other legacy

@fart post the tweet

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdW4XhYLzbk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Somebody once told me
the world is gonna roll me...

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Get Smash Mouth to burning man.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wizard Master posted:

Gonna go ahead and say probs not.

Then again some people can shoot heroin and bounce back.

In any case it's bad advice to give.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

AND I HIT THE GROUND

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

FuriousGeorge posted:

Good night sweet prince, i'll always remember you for that Chickady China, the Chinese chicken song.

thank you

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Wizard Master posted:

milk thistle and b-vitamins? great. but NAC can put increased burden on the kidneys and turmeric the liver. and there will 100% be long term health effects and brain changes regardless

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
You should have eaten the eggs, Mr. Mouth. We tried to warn you repeatedly.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
holy poo poo like 8% of the people in the official smash mouth all star music video feat. mystery men have died in the last month and a bit, if you're in that video look out!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
https://youtu.be/LNJH0KCGLeQ?si=y3aBYlJAdoati9aJ

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
Why would anyone get on something called a ‘death bed’

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pox posted:

Does it vibrate?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Pox posted:

i mean i think those are the only beds they have in hospices

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Wizard Master posted:

no way herbal supplements are going to stave off the long-term effects of alcoholism. you might as well be walkin on the sun.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wizard Master posted:

W E T B R A I N
M
A
S
T
E
R

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Astro Lounge is a pretty fun record. This is dark

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Klyith posted:

W E T B R A I N
M
A
S
T
E
R

lmfao

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

get help wizkid

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Wizard Master posted:

Can someone explain this post to me in layman's terms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Whoa wait a second drinking every day can ruin your brain and or your liver what