Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A crash on Route 28 in Fawn Township early Saturday morning left a 28-year-old man dead, according to state police.

Pennsylvania State Police reported that Dominic E. Montemurro was driving a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado around 4 a.m. Saturday when the vehicle was using the Exit 14 off-ramp at Tarentum and left the road.

Police said the car went off the eastern side of the ramp, slid about 300 feet through the grass-covered median and hit a tree. The driver was declared dead on the scene.

Speed was a factor in the accident, police said.

Died as he lived: in a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lol the vehicle gained sentience mid-paragraph

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'd like to see their style guide because that article reads like the car kidnapped and murdered him

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

I'd like to see their style guide because that article reads like the car kidnapped and murdered him

incontrovertible evidence that we should ban cars, not drivers

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

corona familiar posted:

incontrovertible evidence that we should ban cars, not drivers

I don't know, maybe ban both to be safe?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

same except ban

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

the local wish.com reseller big box store has light sets for ~5 bucks and i just bought a grip of them to distribute to illumination-challenged cyclists i come across.

the reactions are varied and sometimes funny.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The car kidnapped and murdered society.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The War on Cars is finally entering its active stage.

https://twitter.com/conflicttr/status/1698628786118414358

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I started off with this post.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

rent should be free.

People act like living in a house is expensive. No its not.
Rich people just like to keep the cost of land high because it makes them feel special.

You can fit everybody in the world in texas in a home made for a family of five at 2000 square foot .

my number are all wonky because it's late, and I'm adjusting for the 8 billion people when these numbers were done for 6 billion.
https://improbable.com/teach/lessons2002/people-in-texas.html

Then TItty baby got me moving with this post.

titty_baby_ posted:

I dont want to live in Texas. Can you instead redo this as a 20 mile buffer extending along every coast and lakeshore in the country and then remove any parcels with a slope too steep? This is part of your GSP final and is due by September 14th with an accompanying report in APA format submitted as a pdf.
I'm a loving poster not a (HARD-R) PDF-er

Texas is 268'597 miles
divide that by 20 miles because you're trying to weave along the coast
That 13,492 miles in a line across a coast

https://www.infoplease.com/us/geography/coastline-united-states
Atlantic Coast 2,069
and the Golf Coast 1,631
Pacific Coast 7,623
Total USA coast 12,383

Not including lakes, but even if you could fill up half you still got the rest of the world.
Also I live 34 miles in-land in los angeles, and it doesn't get weird-hot until 50 miles in.
But like in Washington Woodway to High Bridge is about 20 miles
and that would change it only needing 5'372 miles of coast.

But this is also including parking lots and car-roads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_City,_New_Jersey

Then found Union city which has a population of 66'000 square miles.

(The population density of New York, 27'000 people per square mile.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRpM10uh1U

Bland answer. it's do able, but it requires a lot of geographical knowledge

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
City 17 would have been great if it were situated along the ocean. They had good public transit there

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

teethgrinder posted:

...Are they different from the Toronto ones? I'm 6' and can ride them comfortably at their highest settings. One particular variant seems a bit shorter, but it's still okay.

They are, the Toronto ones are noticeably taller, and I had no issues at all riding them. The non-electric Vancouver bikeshare bikes completely wreck my knees. The e-bikes they're putting out are a bit taller, though. Cycling around the seawall on them is really fun.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

webcams for christ posted:

yeah discs begin degenerating around age 25-30, so I make sure to do deadlifts every week to help them degenerate faster

accelerationism ftw

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Why not use the trains to get people out? (self.BurningMan)

🤣

lol

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Does anyone else poo poo before or after you bike? Whenever I'm gearing up, between anxiety and whatever else, my body is like "clear the reserves!"

It usually feels good but can be annoying.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Does anyone else poo poo before or after you bike? Whenever I'm gearing up, between anxiety and whatever else, my body is like "clear the reserves!"

It usually feels good but can be annoying.

You can poo poo while biking. Its a power move in a race, the poo poo will hit your rear wheel and spatter all over the guys behind you, blinding them.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

You can poo poo while biking. Its a power move in a race, the poo poo will hit your rear wheel and spatter all over the guys behind you, blinding them.

Gatta learn how to powerslide-poo, that way you can hit multiple cars in the parking lot with an arc.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

this is what Lance Armstrong actually got done in for, the whole steroids thing was just a cover since spraying poo poo at your competitors isn't technically against the rules

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

this is what Lance Armstrong actually got done in for, the whole steroids thing was just a cover since spraying poo poo at your competitors isn't technically against the rules

he got done in because the french didn't want their dopers to be outdone by an american doper

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ArmZ posted:

he got done in because the french didn't want their dopers to be outdone by an american doper

is this like how they let the butt plug chess guy back into the league cause they're all using them to receive move advice via morse code now?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

or is lance still excommunicated

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

*David Attenborough voice*

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

corona familiar posted:

*Xzibit voice*

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ArmZ posted:

my post was a joke

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lol

i hope this guy discovers materialism some day

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah, so he can buy a car to keep his family safe.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

my post was a joke

mlyp

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

posting from caltrain

it's stopped due to someone doing drugs in the bathroom

love San Francisco

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

actionjackson posted:

posting from caltrain

love San Francisco

who cares that's one of the three or four things bathrooms are for

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yeah I don't care but it just fits the stereotype of the area perfectly

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

why aren't you doing drugs in the bathroom

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

actionjackson posted:

posting from caltrain

love San Francisco

ew icky

better make sure we orient society around a transportation system that produces clouds of noxious fumes, directly and indirectly causes the death of the biosphere, kills and maims thousands of people every year, chokes the environment with plastics, hollows out cities, requires tens of thousands of dollars of personal investment, beholdens its users to despotic oil regimes, greatly contributes to social isolation, doesn’t actually scale to any meaningful degree even with trillions of dollars of investment, so that no one should ever have to go through such an awful thing like that again

(to be fair to you, this is what I want to post in reply to every asshat who goes HoMeLeSs PeoPle On the bUs aRe sMeLly whenever funding transit comes up on Reddit)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think we need way more transit funding tho

edit gas only 5.75 here wtf

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Sep 6, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

im gonna go poop on a car

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sitchensis posted:

ew icky

better make sure we orient society around a transportation system that produces clouds of noxious fumes, directly and indirectly causes the death of the biosphere, kills and maims thousands of people every year, chokes the environment with plastics, hollows out cities, requires tens of thousands of dollars of personal investment, beholdens its users to despotic oil regimes, greatly contributes to social isolation, doesn’t actually scale to any meaningful degree even with trillions of dollars of investment, so that no one should ever have to go through such an awful thing like that again

(to be fair to you, this is what I want to post in reply to every asshat who goes HoMeLeSs PeoPle On the bUs aRe sMeLly whenever funding transit comes up on Reddit)

In addition people also do drugs in their cars too

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

actionjackson posted:

posting from caltrain

love San Francisco

ya know if someone can stomach the typical Caltrain bathroom long enough to do drugs in there godspeed to them :hai:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

actionjackson posted:

posting from caltrain

love San Francisco

it's a bathroom, the drugs are supposed to be there!

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

buttons meme where it's "eliminate homeless people" and "lose political wedge issue"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
CalTrain is slow as poo poo and only comes like once an hour. You need the drugs!