Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Over on the official MST3K board they’ve tried to figure out if there’s any pattern to who has gotten their stuff, and they haven’t figured anything out. It seems completely random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Got my DVDs today!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just ship my poo poo in a box labeled Hamdingers

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

Got my KingaVision 3D glasses two days ago.
Did you put those on your DOO-DADS?

Is there any way to own S12 The Gauntlet (the Netflix 6 episode one) in HD apart from the $55 bluray? That price is a little much for 6 episodes and I own everything else. Freakin' Netflix taking the show we paid to bring back, forcing them to immediately churn out a second "more bingable" season, then retaining the exclusive rights. :argh:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

CapnBry posted:

Did you put those on your DOO-DADS?

Is there any way to own S12 The Gauntlet (the Netflix 6 episode one) in HD apart from the $55 bluray? That price is a little much for 6 episodes and I own everything else. Freakin' Netflix taking the show we paid to bring back, forcing them to immediately churn out a second "more bingable" season, then retaining the exclusive rights. :argh:

There's a DVD set on Ebay for $24.59 with free shipping right now.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I got my backer kit! :woop:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Watching Devil Fish and the opening with Mike narrating about his losing his identity like it's the voiceover for some 80's action show is very underrated.

"Same picture of Mark Spitz, even."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Watching Devil Fish and the opening with Mike narrating about his losing his identity like it's the voiceover for some 80's action show is very underrated.

"Same picture of Mark Spitz, even."

"And you want to hang on to an identity like that?"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mister Kingdom posted:

Got my DVDs today!

Another Bill posted:

I got my backer kit! :woop:

i'm not keeping track: did you both get emails with shipping info?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah, i got an email with a tracking number 2 days or so ago.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I just watched I Accuse My Parents and all this time I've confused it with The Violent Years. I'm sure I've seen it before but it was almost like a new episode for me. Good one too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Don't forget Jimmy may be kinda stupid.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like Jell-O. :unsmith:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Morter posted:

i'm not keeping track: did you both get emails with shipping info?

I did.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Are the snow gloves real?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Does anybody watch the show on the free streaming services? Instead of commercials, they will sometimes have a static picture with some staticky screeching.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Mister Kingdom posted:

Does anybody watch the show on the free streaming services? Instead of commercials, they will sometimes have a static picture with some staticky screeching.

I watch it on Pluto and Freevee with no such issues. I think your TV is haunted.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Hazo posted:

I watch it on Pluto and Freevee with no such issues. I think your TV is haunted.

The Touch of Samsung

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is where the FAST lives.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

ZA!!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Hazo posted:

It happens on Sling & Roku.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Another great email stating we're still gonna ship to you poo poo we had half a year ago
Can we do a Kickstarter to hire shippers?

They should start shipping next season's rewards

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 28, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Clearly they chose a shipper who way overpromised what they could deliver.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Was it Sandy Frank?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This past weekend I got to see a game at Lambeau Field and shout PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!! WOOOOOO PACKERS WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! in person. It was exhilarating.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

This past weekend I got to see a game at Lambeau Field and shout PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!! WOOOOOO PACKERS WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! in person. It was exhilarating.

Did you don the quiet dignity of the cheese wedge?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Did you don the quiet dignity of the cheese wedge?

No because I need things to look forward to.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Upsidads posted:

Another great email stating we're still gonna ship to you poo poo we had half a year ago
Can we do a Kickstarter to hire shippers?

They should start shipping next season's rewards

quote:

Hello backers!

If you’re receiving this email, you’re among the folks who have paid for your rewards shipping cost, but are still waiting to get a shipping notification. We understand that some of you have been waiting weeks longer than anticipated, and we wanted to follow up with you especially.

Simply put, we are sorry for yet another delay in what should have been a straightforward process at this point. In the original shipping email, we told you that you could expect tracking details within 1-3 weeks, and that we would be shipping in roughly the order that people paid, and neither of these things has proven to be true. We apologize for giving you incorrect information, even unintentionally. While these problems are not directly within our control, the fact remains that we need to be accountable for the impact they are having on you – the backers, the people whose trust and support we rely on to keep making new MST3K.

Shipping is continuing, albeit at a slower pace than we expected, and all of your orders will go out to you in the coming weeks. We are trying to do everything within our power to move things along. We understand if you are frustrated about this process; we are as well. If it helps, we have learned many crucial and indelible lessons from this experience, which we are already putting to use as we plan for future MST3K backer rewards.

Your friends,

Team MST3K

I'd say they should throw in some extra free poo poo for those of us still left waiting, but it probably wouldn't arrive until sometime in 2030.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hazo posted:

I'd say they should throw in some extra free poo poo for those of us still left waiting, but it probably wouldn't arrive until sometime in 2030.

When there were issues with the coffee table book last Kickstarter they gave people codes for the digital episode collections. I guess they could do the same thing again, though it’s going to be a headache for them to find substitutions for people who already have them all.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Murdstone posted:

Clearly they chose a shipper who way overpromised what they could deliver.

It seems clear that they got the absolute cheapest shipper possible. But why was shipping so expensive this time? Did they do some accounting trick to get the glasses out early or something? It’s nuts that they got a cut-rate provider and the cost was still so outrageous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, Bill Corbett mentioned on Blue Sky that he went to high school with Scott Baio.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Huh, Bill Corbett mentioned on Blue Sky that he went to high school with Scott Baio.

Baio's in their latest anti-drug short on RiffTrax called 'Stoned.' It's pretty great.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Stoned is a true classic. I’m glad it’s getting some attention via rifftrax.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Which John Agar movie has Mike meekly saying "hooray" when John might get killed

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I don't know, but I completely agree.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

Which John Agar movie has Mike meekly saying "hooray" when John might get killed

I was going to say it was She Creature, but John Agar wasn't in She Creature, so my mind is really going.

... Probably because I've watched too many John Agar movies.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It might not be Agar, it could be any of the other unlikable male leads

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just watched Castle of Fu Manchu for the first time in years and Kee-rist. It's pretty much the original series version of Arch Oboler's The Bubble and brings the same kind of pain: the fact that it was shot by actual filmmakers and stars real actors just makes the suckiness more profound and smothering.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

My Season 13 update:

I finally slogged through Santo and I'm glad I did because Robot Wars and Beyond Atlantis are pretty pleasurable watches, although the plot to Atlantis makes no sense.

Munchie is an experience. That movie is almost incomprehensible even by lowered rip-off kid movie standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I watched Kitten with a Whip for the first time, and that sure was a film :stare:. Crow sneaking down the umbilicus to land beside Dr Forrester('s stunt double) was a great opening bit. :allears:

Simplex posted:

My Season 13 update:

I finally slogged through Santo and I'm glad I did because Robot Wars and Beyond Atlantis are pretty pleasurable watches, although the plot to Atlantis makes no sense.

Munchie is an experience. That movie is almost incomprehensible even by lowered rip-off kid movie standards

Munchie is an all-time great episode for MST3K, as well as being an all-time nadir of a film.