Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fyallm posted:

I fell into the trap of leveling up the big rolling ball.. My ball is 25/30 and my mirror is 22/90... how do I get more mirror fragments?

Im 97% with koryeo 95% yamato and 64% cathay

In the Ninjutsu menu in Yamato Intel, those 4 jutsus (Fire, Aqua, Thunder, Earth) have 3 skills each that you can upgrade (ex. fire has Great Fireball as the first one). When you complete one of the skills by upgrading it 5 times you get a bunch of mirror fragments as a reward. If you press 'Acquire' on the menu to level one up and you don't have enough materials to do the upgrade, it gives you a chance to convert Yamato intel into the materials you need to do those upgrades. Once you don't have any more intel purchases to make you might as well dump everything into getting levels on those skills, but prioritize ones that are close to completing a set of 5 because that's when you actually get the mirror fragments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Yeah a snail thread is appropriate at this point.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Anyone try Bibots yet?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pid.bibots

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Is anyone making a Super Snail thread? I can work on one if no one else is taking the lead, but I'd rather defer to a Gumball player

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just bought Luck be a Landlord, am I just picking the symbol that will likely get me the most money every spin?

Also, do I literally pick a new symbol every single spin? I know that the SKIP button is there but that doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would want to do.

Basically, what's the grand strategy?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just bought Luck be a Landlord, am I just picking the symbol that will likely get me the most money every spin?

Also, do I literally pick a new symbol every single spin? I know that the SKIP button is there but that doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would want to do.

Basically, what's the grand strategy?

At the start you want whatever you can get to fill the board, with preference towards things that disappear after several turns or things that can synergize with later picks. Milk (sync with cats) and bubbles are good, ores can be mined by the commonly found miner, things like that.

Later on after you have filled every slot on your board you want to start skipping if nothing good comes up on a spin. The slot machine fills from all the possible options every spin, so if you minimize the trash you have on hand then you will keep your good symbols on the board more often.

Good overall strategy is to pick one or two things that work together and going with them. Gemstones are the most reliable, fruits/foods are probably second best, the cultists/demonic symbols should probably be something you go for once you get a better handle on the game.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

To add to a previous post there are tons of great strategies. I like flowers and bees, as other items come up later to expand on the strategy.

I'd just focus on exploring the game and having fun first, it's a great game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

explosivo posted:

In the Ninjutsu menu in Yamato Intel, those 4 jutsus (Fire, Aqua, Thunder, Earth) have 3 skills each that you can upgrade (ex. fire has Great Fireball as the first one). When you complete one of the skills by upgrading it 5 times you get a bunch of mirror fragments as a reward. If you press 'Acquire' on the menu to level one up and you don't have enough materials to do the upgrade, it gives you a chance to convert Yamato intel into the materials you need to do those upgrades. Once you don't have any more intel purchases to make you might as well dump everything into getting levels on those skills, but prioritize ones that are close to completing a set of 5 because that's when you actually get the mirror fragments.

I am always saying this

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Is it better to save up to use 10 lotto tickets at a time vs 1 at a time in supersnail?

whiskas
May 30, 2005
Recommendations for roguelikes that are not card based, are enjoyable without a controller, and are not based on pixel dungeon?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

-snip-

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 4, 2023

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

Thanks for the recommendation of Luck Be A Landlord. Over the past two days of international flying, I've put in 14 hours of mindlessly pressing the spin button and making symbol choices based on the last run.
Level 19!

It's good.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

blindidiotgod posted:

Thanks for the recommendation of Luck Be A Landlord. Over the past two days of international flying, I've put in 14 hours of mindlessly pressing the spin button and making symbol choices based on the last run.
Level 19!

It's good.

I hope we get to see all the achievements soon. I'm 'finished' with it but want more to do!

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

whiskas posted:

Recommendations for roguelikes that are not card based, are enjoyable without a controller, and are not based on pixel dungeon?

These are all more roguelite than roguelike:

Slice & Dice Free demo with IAP to unlock the full version.
Hoplite Free demo with IAP to unlock the full version.
Luck be a Landlord I don't think there's an Android demo, but there's a Windows demo on Steam or itch.

For each, the monetization model is that you pay a few bucks for the game and then there's no further IAP or ads.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Rapner posted:

I hope we get to see all the achievements soon. I'm 'finished' with it but want more to do!

This was fixed. They're not in game but you can see them all and the ones you've unlocked in Play Games app

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
I just started Stardew Valley on Android. Does anyone know if this version is missing any content from the main version besides multiplayer?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

poonchasta posted:

I just started Stardew Valley on Android. Does anyone know if this version is missing any content from the main version besides multiplayer?

I'm fairly confident it's 1:1 but the upcoming 1.6 update will take some additional time to hit mobile.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but if anyone is looking for a very solid mobile game then Card Survival: Tropical Island is an incredible game. It's fairly expensive since it's a similar price to the PC version, but since it is card based it is a perfect match for Android.

It's a survival sim thread darling and a very deep simulation if you're willing to put in the effort to learn it. It just pushed the combat update to mobile, and it fleshes our hunting some.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Just got my first Billionaire Essence win in Luck be a Landlord, 14 x222 wild card cats with eldritch beasts did the trick. Had to clear a lot of cruft to trigger the x13 cat essence, but that was for the best it turns out.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Did we ever get that snail thread? I stopped posting cause I didn't wanna annoy people but I have questions. Also a comment. I hate Cathay.

For the wish event, how do I decide which relic category to do?

A few posts ago someone said something about art relics and awakening and none of that made sense and I figured it would eventually make sense but it hadn't yet. Is that something I need to worry about? I have awakened a couple relics, should I focus on art ones for some reason?

When I'm leveling relics, should I focus on more stars on any orange, or awakening blues, or some other third thing?

kdrudy posted:

Just got my first Billionaire Essence win in Luck be a Landlord, 14 x222 wild card cats with eldritch beasts did the trick. Had to clear a lot of cruft to trigger the x13 cat essence, but that was for the best it turns out.

Nice, congrats. I finally stopped playing the crap out of that game after 80 or 90 hours according to Samsung game center. I'd say it was definitely worth the 5 bucks.

I used cat essences with thousands multiplier stacked and capsule machine stacking buffs to get all the way to 'inf' gold. That was basically the end for me

Resdfru fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 8, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Resdfru posted:

Did we ever get that snail thread? I stopped posting cause I didn't wanna annoy people but I have questions. Also a comment. I hate Cathay.

For the wish event, how do I decide which relic category to do?

A few posts ago someone said something about art relics and awakening and none of that made sense and I figured it would eventually make sense but it hadn't yet. Is that something I need to worry about? I have awakened a couple relics, should I focus on art ones for some reason?

When I'm leveling relics, should I focus on more stars on any orange, or awakening blues, or some other third thing?

I dunno but I have dumped so many things into upgrading relics with no real strategy it would be nice to know I'm not wasting, lmfao.

For the wish event whatever gems I need for my mirage gem star I have been throwing coins in that one. I don't know if it is a good strategy or not.. but right now I have lvl 4 of everything except fame, so I am been throwing them in fame until I get that as the same level of the others

fyallm fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 8, 2023

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I threw my coins at whichever category I was weakest in, numbers wise.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

For awakening relics I think it might be best to go for relic resonance? There are some pretty powerful effects you get in addition to the normal bonuses for awakening relics. It feels like a tricky balancing act though, because you also want low tier relic fragments to upgrade your higher tier relics.

For the wish event I threw my coins at faith and tech, because there's a check in Murika that requires specifically Keyhole Satellite or Skidbladnir Ship. And I got...neither of them. Oh well!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As far as I know only blue relics can be ascended, which wasn't immediately clear to me, so I started focusing on maxing out all of my blues and I'm just now getting to the point where I have a number of them ascended or ready for ascension. It's gotten me a bunch of points to dump into leadership so I was able to get to the end boss of the first rocket zone.

My game hosed up today when trying to download this update so I cleared app data to retry the download and forgot you have to play through the first part of the game before loading a profile from the cloud so that sucks. I still can't download this update but it might be because I'm at work on this network.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I have a post like 60% written, I can try and finish it up later today since it seems no one else is gonna

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

explosivo posted:

As far as I know only blue relics can be ascended, which wasn't immediately clear to me, so I started focusing on maxing out all of my blues and I'm just now getting to the point where I have a number of them ascended or ready for ascension. It's gotten me a bunch of points to dump into leadership so I was able to get to the end boss of the first rocket zone.

My game hosed up today when trying to download this update so I cleared app data to retry the download and forgot you have to play through the first part of the game before loading a profile from the cloud so that sucks. I still can't download this update but it might be because I'm at work on this network.

You can absolutely ascend Purples and Oranges, it just takes way more stuff. Purples require 300 purple frags and 100 blue frags, and Oranges require 900 orange frags on top of that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arzaac posted:

You can absolutely ascend Purples and Oranges, it just takes way more stuff. Purples require 300 purple frags and 100 blue frags, and Oranges require 900 orange frags on top of that.

Oh, thanks for that. I couldn't get into my game to verify if that was true or not.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I've been going for the mirage gems myself. Or if there's a stat I'm bottlenecked in for a map event or ritual, focus that until I hit the threshold.

For newer players it might be a good idea to stock up on TECH relics early, since you'll need a bunch of it to finish the origin form upgrades and unlock mecha form.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
i am just over 520k power and stuck in cathay. seemingly a fair distance from beating the 3rd to last apostle (cyclops) and without any real apparent way of getting my power up quickly - no parts for gear, no relics etc. so i guess just grinding it out for a while unless I"m totally missing something?

i'm on server 17 btw if anyone else happens to be

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Oh that's reassuring. I'm 370k and also in Cathay. Nice to know that in 200k more power I'll be stuck here still :<

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Resdfru posted:

Oh that's reassuring. I'm 370k and also in Cathay. Nice to know that in 200k more power I'll be stuck here still :<

Definitely go back and 100% the first two zones at this point, imo. Especially maxing out the mirror in the second area is a good way to power up.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

FF7 Ever Crisis is out and pretty fun so far. The gacha reroll is easy and fast, based around famous final fantasy weapons and gear. Graphics are amazing, and there seems to be a lot to do.

Enjoying it immensely. :unsmith:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Frankly maxing out Koryeo is also a great idea at that point, if only for the postcard. Every 100% area gets you a postcard that grants an extra 15 museum medals per day.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

Definitely go back and 100% the first two zones at this point, imo. Especially maxing out the mirror in the second area is a good way to power up.

Yeah I got screwed by going down the Powerball route for a bit, but finally finished 100% first 2 maps and mirror totally maxed and enhanced 1st level and chillen in cathay..

Im guessing I should be enhancing whenever I get the chance?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

fyallm posted:

Yeah I got screwed by going down the Powerball route for a bit, but finally finished 100% first 2 maps and mirror totally maxed and enhanced 1st level and chillen in cathay..

Im guessing I should be enhancing whenever I get the chance?

You might want to grab the unseal for Lu Bu/Supreme Warlord when you finish leveling him, which is another 300 magic potions; leveling any of the realm traits after you unseal them gives a significant permanent flat boost to stats regardless of which one you use, and increase in potion cost with each level afterwards. You can do this with Deadly Ironball too, so it's ultimately not that big of a waste to dump levels into it; it's just not very good for actual use.

e: The big bottleneck for these is (eventually) going to be the Magic Potion which you can only get from doing the Supreme Feast roulette from the weekly events; given that the events only give you a limited number of event tickets per week, you'll be heavily timegated on these, and also subject to RNG on the roulette itself.

GetDunked fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 8, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I really don't think it's worth it unsealing all the realm traits versus just constantly upgrading mirror. Unsealing gives you a total of 100 stat points (assuming 10 HP = 1 stat, as the game often does) for 300 magic potions, but then upgrading that further only takes an additional 100 magic potions for 100 more stats. Plus, every 5 tiers you get a boost to the realm trait itself.

Since the magic potion cost for upgrading does slowly scale, yeah you'll eventually want to unseal another realm trait for the stat boost, but I think I'd at least get to like T10 mirror first.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

GetDunked posted:

You might want to grab the unseal for Lu Bu/Supreme Warlord when you finish leveling him, which is another 300 magic potions; leveling any of the realm traits after you unseal them gives a significant permanent flat boost to stats regardless of which one you use, and increase in potion cost with each level afterwards. You can do this with Deadly Ironball too, so it's ultimately not that big of a waste to dump levels into it; it's just not very good for actual use.

e: The big bottleneck for these is (eventually) going to be the Magic Potion which you can only get from doing the Supreme Feast roulette from the weekly events; given that the events only give you a limited number of event tickets per week, you'll be heavily timegated on these, and also subject to RNG on the roulette itself.

Yeah I have shu intel tile 18 maxed, how do I tell how to complete the key clue (Warlords Battle) ? I think I need to do that before I can raise tile 19 to get Lu Bu.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Arzaac posted:

I really don't think it's worth it unsealing all the realm traits versus just constantly upgrading mirror. Unsealing gives you a total of 100 stat points (assuming 10 HP = 1 stat, as the game often does) for 300 magic potions, but then upgrading that further only takes an additional 100 magic potions for 100 more stats. Plus, every 5 tiers you get a boost to the realm trait itself.

Since the magic potion cost for upgrading does slowly scale, yeah you'll eventually want to unseal another realm trait for the stat boost, but I think I'd at least get to like T10 mirror first.

Fair enough, yeah. The trait specific bonuses didn't seem super major to me but maybe I'm not mathing it out right.

fyallm posted:

Yeah I have shu intel tile 18 maxed, how do I tell how to complete the key clue (Warlords Battle) ? I think I need to do that before I can raise tile 19 to get Lu Bu.

Maxing that intel tile unlocks a series of 3 map events where you fight Lu Bu, the first of which takes place in the very last Cathay zone (Chang'An), so you have to make it there first before you can get him. I think they have modest AFFCT stat requirements on top of that?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I made a thread for Super Snail. The OP is not quite done yet, but it's a place to talk about this silly bullshit without bothering any of the hardcore gamers here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041455

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Resdfru posted:

I'll switch over to the snail thread after this, just wanted to address this.

If you look at this screenshot, the circled greyed out part is not active. Angel form can give a buff (to all forms) based on how many Faith relics you've awakened (and what tier the form has reached), but I haven't awakened any faith relics. The bonus for awakening faith relics is Elemental Resistance which is basically useless outside of pvp, because as far as I know non-player enemies generally don't do elemental damage.

My demon form on the other hand is tier V, and I've awakened 10 art relics, so it's giving me +550 attack all the time on top of everything else it does.

Honestly it's not a huge deal and if you just awaken stuff based on the bonuses they give in the first place you'll probably be fine. I kinda just wanted to point it out because it's super easy to miss that these bonuses exist.