Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
big and real

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/96739201629962240?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
That's lame

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lol

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
didn't even get me for a second!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they didn't get you with cm punk returning, you mean? well i'll be watching the full episode of raw to see what he says.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

booooo

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

loser loser loser loser

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Hmmmm it's not April 1st so what's thi... oh, heh.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, I remember Tyler Black showing up with Jimmy Jacob’s for Age of the Fall. That was so awesome and Black blew up from it but ROH waited too long to pull the trigger.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/tVgYpLiXa9

Due to DNA and other circumstances a redditors wife has discovered she, along with others, were victims of Moolah's prostitution ring and all directly linked to Moolah's husband Buddy Lee.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I watched the Becky/Trish match and is it just me or does commentary telegraph every kickout? Like it seems they start to say kickout when the count's still at 2. Idk maybe I'm just biased against their lovely commentary.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Taffy Torpedo posted:

I watched the Becky/Trish match and is it just me or does commentary telegraph every kickout? Like it seems they start to say kickout when the count's still at 2. Idk maybe I'm just biased against their lovely commentary.

ONE TWO HE GOT HIM NO HE DIDN'T :vince:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Disco knows what fed stans crave.

Seems like only yesterday when I was watching the Smackdown hype videos for a debuting wrestler named "Hirohito".

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Nipponophile posted:

Seems like only yesterday when I was watching the Smackdown hype videos for a debuting wrestler named "Hirohito".

He just likes to have fun, Maggle!

Also, post/username combo!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you son of a bitch you got me lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

oh loving bullshit.

I just NOW looked at the date of the tweet.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cool pic

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

Cool pic

Chew-ton Bomb.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

everyone could see from a mile away the guy in The Shield was Dean Ambrose as he had ridiculous Terry Funk energy, a brutal style, promos, and lol had to lean over to not show he was significantly taller than Roman

Honestly, I could've seen them as being a triumvirate of the guys like the Three Musketeers in NJPW back in the day, as all three brought something different. Ambrose as the Funk/Austin mash-up and Rollins had the all-round skill-set. Meanwhile, Roman Reigns needed some more time to be polished up and probably could have used some time working with mid-to-upper-midcard workhorses.

projecthalaxy posted:

Disco knows what fed stans crave.

gently caress all the way off, Glenn.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dean Ambrose was kidnapped by Tony Khan's ninjas immediately upon the expiration of his WWE contract, strapped into one of those chairs from 'Total Recall' and transformed into the platonic ideal of a pro wrestler.
Dean's last words before experiencing ego death was said to be 'thank you'.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TheKingslayer posted:

He was absolutely the guy that was ready right then and there and they should have went with it while the other two built themselves up to match.

when i started watching wwe (whenever nak came to nxt, thats what hooked me back in) the shield was already over but like, i watched some of the highlights, got enough of the idea from watching the shows, and dean was so obviously a next level talent already and whenever they werent saddling him with goofball stuff was immediately, completely captivating. one serious as a heart attack dean ambrose promo would get u thru months of mitch the plant stuff. and it was just like "they keep talking about these three guys as The Guys, why does the best one keep getting hot dog skits". there was so much promise watching the menacing, anarchic version of dean ambrose that a 1:30 video posted out of nowhere on twitter right after his contract was up got me as hype as anything ive ever seen in wrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Excalibur does it too. It's just a wrestling announcer thing.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince looked at this group that had Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose in it and decided that the unproven big guy who could do a spear good was going to be the guy he was build his company around from that moment until the day he died.
That is the most Vince move in the history of Vince moves and that is not hyperbole.

shiksa posted:

when i started watching wwe (whenever nak came to nxt, thats what hooked me back in) the shield was already over but like, i watched some of the highlights, got enough of the idea from watching the shows, and dean was so obviously a next level talent already and whenever they werent saddling him with goofball stuff was immediately, completely captivating. one serious as a heart attack dean ambrose promo would get u thru months of mitch the plant stuff. and it was just like "they keep talking about these three guys as The Guys, why does the best one keep getting hot dog skits". there was so much promise watching the menacing, anarchic version of dean ambrose that a 1:30 video posted out of nowhere on twitter right after his contract was up got me as hype as anything ive ever seen in wrestling

I am reasonably sure that Vince pidgeonholed Dean into the 'wacky guy' role so he wouldn't outcool Roman. Which he would have done effortlessly otherwise.
Actually no. WWE would frown on him bleeding. That would be a significant handicap. Not enough of one though.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 4, 2023

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As soon as Vince learned Roman was connected to the rock the contract was sealed

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
still remember when I learned that his move was actually called the wacky line, like, officially

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

vince and his writers did absolutely everything they could to sabotage mox and yet his crazy charisma still shone through. they really had no idea what they had with him

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://youtu.be/GgOT-q7X_L4?si=xCpWifSg-XpjR9_w

I got dragged to this Raw while I was a lapsed fan and I thought Dean Ambrose was so loving cool that I watched the PLE and I was so mad that wagon full of weapons ended up being a total lie

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

oldpainless posted:

As soon as Vince learned Roman was connected to the rock the contract was sealed

It's really crazy how for like 5 or 6 years they kept trying to plug Roman into different roles like "lone wolf badass" or "Cena funny guy" and in the end he can't really do anything well so his gimmick is guy who stands there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://youtu.be/GgOT-q7X_L4?si=xCpWifSg-XpjR9_w

I got dragged to this Raw while I was a lapsed fan and I thought Dean Ambrose was so loving cool that I watched the PLE and I was so mad that wagon full of weapons ended up being a total lie

lmao oh my god, that show must've been such a death march.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I remember right after Rollins' turn on the Shield, Mox cut a promo in the back on Triple H which made him seem like the coolest motherfucker since Stone Cold, and they just... didn't do anything with him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Honestly Austin is lucky he was there in 1997 and 1998 because I can't think of another time period they wouldn't try their best to use someone with his heat to put over everyone they actually want over.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Honestly Austin is lucky he was there in 1997 and 1998 because I can't think of another time period they wouldn't try their best to use someone with his heat to put over everyone they actually want over.

I've said it before, but if WCW wasn't kicking their asses, you never would've seen the rise of Austin, Rock, and Mick Foley. They'd still be trying to get over "Rocky Maivia"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

I've said it before, but if WCW wasn't kicking their asses, you never would've seen the rise of Austin, Rock, and Mick Foley. They'd still be trying to get over "Rocky Maivia"

Don’t know why but I read this in Hank Hill’s voice

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ganso Bomb posted:

Don’t know why but I read this in Hank Hill’s voice

hank hill doing the "bwahhh" noise at Austin theorys grotesque selfie

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

flatluigi posted:

still remember when I learned that his move was actually called the wacky line, like, officially

I always heard it as "The Wrecking Line," even after it was officially official.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it will never not make me lol

https://twitter.com/duel3000/status/691488727512657921

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Joey McChrist posted:

vince and his writers did absolutely everything they could to sabotage mox and yet his crazy charisma still shone through. they really had no idea what they had with him

Alternately they knew what they had in him and didn't want it because it was threat to Vince's golden child.
I'm starting to think with WWE we shouldn't attribute to stupidity what we can attribute to malice.
Both are there but one is stronger than the other.

This would actually be a cool spot today if Jon Moxley wasn't hellbent on never doing the rope thing again.
I mean it's already a cool spot. We just call it the King Kong Lariat now.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 5, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1698828966763905388

In 5 days Gunther surpasses Honky Tonk Man's record

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Jey Uso promo

- Tornado Tag Team: Glasbros vs. Viking Raiders

- Seth Rollins promo

- Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

- Judgment Day promo

- Shayna Baszler vs. Zoey Stark

- Raquel Rodriguez vs. Chelsea Green

- Miz promo

- Sami Zayn vs. JD McDonagh

- IC Title: GUNTHER vs. Chad Gable

Backstage news

- Akira Tozawa vs. Bronson Reed is scheduled for WWE Main Event

- Tommaso Ciampa is scheduled for a match on WWE Main Event

- Valhalla is also at the show

- Rod Zapata is given the main event.

SPOILERS

- Paul Ellering has been spotted in Orlando today. Raw is in North Carolina.

- Gable vs. Gunther is slated for three segments and the main event -- an incredible amount of time.

- Kofi Kingston was slated to be at ringside for the tornado tag match at some point.

- The other matches are set for two segments, except Raquel vs. Chelsea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

WWE does a lot of dumb things, but not having Dean Ambrose beat Roman in the title tournament at Survivor Series '15 is one of the dumber ones. I don't know how you could go with Roman after hearing the crowd behind Dean like that.