Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

K's have dipped a tiny bit but he's slashed his BB% in half, impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

If it were anyone else I would be applauding.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

gently caress Rendon, but also Happy Labor Day!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SON OF A BITCH

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DuhSal posted:

This is both kinda awesome but really depressing

Add Cavan Biggio to that list

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1698805165803946113

Remember everyone in May saying Julio wasn't worth his contract?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think anyone said that? I get wanting to feel vindicated but no one was saying Julio peaked at 22 years old.

It was a rough first half of the year. Kudos to him for adjusting to how pitchers were pitching to him and kicking rear end lately.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

sure would be interesting if the pieces the Angels picked up and failed to win with suddenly became instrumental in a Guardians run

welp

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

it might still happen but yeah Gio's outing tonight was pretty catastrophic.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pungry posted:

Remember everyone in May saying Julio wasn't worth his contract?

lol that didn't happen

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

lol that didn't happen

camoseven posted:

I was going through some old baseball cards recently and learning about rookie of the year award winners I had never heard of and looking up their stats. Then I looked at Julio and decided to immediately sell all of his cards lmao.

Related: Miguel Andujar (RoY runner up behind Shohei) just failed to reach base again for the Pirates.

Sydin posted:

What happened to Julio? It seemed like last year he was going to be the truth and now he's got a 99 OPS+???

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

3 posts is not everyone.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
that's everyone all right

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

ban the doubters, imho

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

And its 2 posts!! One of those just says he's having a down year, why is that lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Here's another one

Julio's contract was a mistake. The Mariners should offload him to the Cubs but pay for half of it.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They will only do that if Morel goes the other way. Probably one of the nerd pitchers too.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Julio contract will go down at the worst in MLB history.

On a completely unrelated note I find it hilarious that the Mariners poster kept receipts of the three people who said something even slightly negative about Julio in May. This is not the got 'em take you think it is!

Kirios fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 5, 2023

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Kirios posted:

The Julio contract will go down at the worst in MLB history.

for julio. poor guy is going to end up leaving so much money on the table :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mr. Fix It posted:

for julio. poor guy is going to end up leaving so much money on the table :smith:

*glances at Albies contract*

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I dunno, I'd say what happened today was far more interesting

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Please do not use posts as evidence for anything, tia.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sydin posted:

Please do not use posts as evidence for anything, tia.

I demand that your avatar from now on is a picture of your 99 OPS+ Julio post. It should be a badge of shame you have to carry until the end of time.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sydin posted:

It'd be cool if Steele could actually establish himself as a starter. I still think the control issues limit his ceiling but if wants to prove me wrong then by all means.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sydin posted:

I guess 7 years is better than 13 or whatever but Dansby even at his best is still a worse hitter than Contreas, who we lost. This team is still worse than it was last year when they miraculously got hot down the stretch and swept a bunch of eventual playoff teams to win 74.

This one is particularly funny because today is win 74 for the Cubs :v:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've never made a wrong or bad post.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

all of my post are dumb and wrong and i will never stop

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I wish Gunnar Henderson didn't exist because Triston Casas deserves to win a ROTY.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

R.D. Mangles posted:

:yeah:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

R.D. Mangles posted:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

I've never made a wrong or bad post.

:hai:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I wish Gunnar Henderson didn't exist because Triston Casas deserves to win a ROTY.

Only if Bibee, Carpenter, Raley and Jung didn't exist.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

And of course Davis Schneider

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

In terms of people who were going to be hot poo poo and might be just okay (he’s got a 140 WRC) maybe Vlad isn’t a superstar?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I was going by the betting lines which had Casas as a clear #2

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Isentropy posted:

In terms of people who were going to be hot poo poo and might be just okay (he’s got a 140 WRC) maybe Vlad isn’t a superstar?

It's called Bryce Harper Syndrome and it's usually cured by aging.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Ohtani hurt himself in BP today and got scratched from the lineup with oblique tightness. Is there any world where he doesn't injure himself worse hitting through an injury in this god awful season despite having the MVP wrapped up?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yainer Diaz has had a fantastic rookie campaign and he's maybe gonna finish 5th.

This is gonna be an incredible class of players.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julien has made the loss of Arraez feel like we got Pablo Lopez for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Good Dog posted:

Ohtani hurt himself in BP today and got scratched from the lineup with oblique tightness. Is there any world where he doesn't injure himself worse hitting through an injury in this god awful season despite having the MVP wrapped up?

I've mostly been watching MLB for Ohtani but he got me into watching some other players as well. The whole situation kinda sucks. From what I gather he just wants to pitch and hit his best, and the Angels want to keep him as long as possible, so they'll let him do whatever he wants, even if it means he potentially injures himself.

That BP looked real bad though and I hope someone knocks some sense into him and he realizes being healthy is better for him in the long run if he wants to play ball. He doesn't seem to care about the money.

I wish he had been healthy for free agency and got some crazy contract, but now who knows..

I bought a bunch of his baseball cards, but I couldn't care less about the value, I just wanna see the guy play again :(