Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

SEC frauds confirmed.

If/When Texas beats Bama next week, there's no real case for putting any SEC team in the playoff, especially since Georgia Ain't Playin' No One.

We were supposed to play Oklahoma next week but then expansion meant we couldn’t though Alabama still gets to play Texas. The SEC pushed UGA to drop the home and home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

We were supposed to play Oklahoma next week but then expansion meant we couldn’t though Alabama still gets to play Texas. The SEC pushed UGA to drop the home and home.

Oh I’m aware because it was a home and home scheduled to start this season. It doesn’t change the fact that the rest of the schedule is tissue paper soft and outside of the Vols and maybe Ole Miss, there’s no good loss on the schedule. Unless Georgia goes out and is kicking the poo poo out of everyone by 30 each game, they’re going to be questioned until the SEC title game at the earliest.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Brian kelly has a literal death curse on him why would you hire this???

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is the colorado QB the son of the coach?

also i feel really bad for these small schools that get pummeled by top schools 70-0 or worse. don't they only play them for financial reasons (tv money)?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Go Noles

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actionjackson posted:

is the colorado QB the son of the coach?

also i feel really bad for these small schools that get pummeled by top schools 70-0 or worse. don't they only play them for financial reasons (tv money)?

yes Shedur Sanders is Deion Sanders' son

Shilo Sanders, the starting CB, is also Deion Sanders' son

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

actionjackson posted:

It is not TV money, but basically making up (and some) lost revenue by not having a reciprocal home game. This is how a lot of the smaller programs fund football at that level. At the bigger schools, an extra home game is millions of dollars in revenue from tickets, concessions, etc.

It is really funny when they actually win, and still collect the money.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DuckHuntDog posted:

It is not TV money, but basically making up (and some) lost revenue by not having a reciprocal home game. This is how a lot of the smaller programs fund football at that level. At the bigger schools, an extra home game is millions of dollars in revenue from tickets, concessions, etc.

It is really funny when they actually win, and still collect the money.

For mid-major and lower, these "cash the check" games end up funding a lot of the other sports within the program. Football goes to big school and takes a beating for 6-7 digits, which allows swimming and diving to exist. Same with men's basketball/baseball and women's basketball/softball, to a lesser extent.

And yes, it's really funny when the bigger school pays someone to come in and beat their rear end, especially since they'll usually be spending more money later to fire the coach and hire a new one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I also figure there's a level of tourism involved for the players. Get to play a couple of games in big stadiums against the popular teams? Sounds kinda fun, even if you know you're getting pounded. Plus you make a couple of plays and you look good in front of your coach.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
go blue devils

gently caress dabo swinney

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Go game called for weather at 0 0

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

whos that broooown posted:

go blue devils

gently caress dabo swinney

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

No convincing shot or it being out before he's down

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Yeesh.

Dabo will overcome as he is a famously even keeled, smart man

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dooook

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

is it joever for clemson

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Those Duke helmets are so pretentious

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
gently caress you Dabo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

i am a moron posted:

gently caress you Dabo

He warned us about paying players, and here we are

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sad!

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
FSU will be -8 against Clemson at this rate

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Why's Dabo look angry about this?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bip Roberts posted:

Why's Dabo look angry about this?

His players can afford lawyers now

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Disaster of a penalty

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

These teams... displease me.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Duke, you might want to fire somebody for that one

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Duke gonna be out of wrapping paper at the half

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Yo Duke, you are Duke. You can't afford to gently caress up like this

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dumbest loving game

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

God damnit I want to see that 68 yard kick attempt

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

I also figure there's a level of tourism involved for the players. Get to play a couple of games in big stadiums against the popular teams? Sounds kinda fun, even if you know you're getting pounded. Plus you make a couple of plays and you look good in front of your coach.

Also if you show out you can hit the portal and cash in

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I totally forgot about the game tonight. Just saw the score lol. What is happening?!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

I totally forgot about the game tonight. Just saw the score lol. What is happening?!

Teams is bad paw

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Holy poo poo what a run

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmfao oh Dabo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

gently caress Dabo forever lol

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lol

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress DUKE

wait uh I think I'm fine with rooting for Duke in football

this feels weird

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1698880209116905912 =

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What if, and hear me out, Clemson had a couple of generational QB prospects and now that they can’t find a third one they’re just meh now.