Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just started playing this earlier this week; game seems pretty good! I'm only just now getting into Hyrule after the tutorial area and already sequence broke my way into a dungeon I can't finish by riding a zonai glider a mile away from a floating island I recalled my way up to. Still kinda trying to get used to the controls, this is the first switch game I've played in a very long time so my brain keeps breaking while translating buttons from an xbox pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

explosivo posted:

I just started playing this earlier this week; game seems pretty good! I'm only just now getting into Hyrule after the tutorial area and already sequence broke my way into a dungeon I can't finish by riding a zonai glider a mile away from a floating island I recalled my way up to. Still kinda trying to get used to the controls, this is the first switch game I've played in a very long time so my brain keeps breaking while translating buttons from an xbox pad.

There's a setting that will flip what X and B do if you find that setup more intuitive (I probably would have but by the time I discovered it I had finally gotten comfortable). Not sure why those two get special treatment but it's an option. If you mean the ultrahand controls, yeah there's no getting around it you just gotta keep practicing.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/yki_555/status/1697526364486979804?s=46

Serving construct

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 2, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You can running jump into a slow motion shot?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I didn’t know you could run up his arms in the first place

This game has too many secrets

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You can slow-mo shot if you have a glider attached to your shield

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Even without the glider I think if you jump off a ledge you can slomo

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yeah, just need enough height. Can even start diving beforehand so that aiming downwards is easier

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Steve Yun posted:

I didn’t know you could run up his arms in the first place

This game has too many secrets

Why wouldn't you be able to? lol

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Luff posted:

Can even start diving beforehand so that aiming downwards is easier

...what :psyduck:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I tried dismantling a flux construct by steal all its boxes and attached them to my weapons and then destroying the fused item.

The flux construct eventually lost cohesion but when it moved into a different attack pattern it regenerated all the boxes I stole.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Donkringel posted:

So I tried dismantling a flux construct by steal all its boxes and attached them to my weapons and then destroying the fused item.

The flux construct eventually lost cohesion but when it moved into a different attack pattern it regenerated all the boxes I stole.

I like the way you think

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Finally finished it last night, after searching up the last lightroot and few shrines.

The final lightroots were very frustrating to find. One was next to the fire temple. It did not show as black on the Depths map at all, as it's above a lava fall. The other was in Lake Hylia, which had a tiny area of black with stripes in the middle of a black lake.

The last battle was surprisingly easy. I didn't use and food at all for the fights, after spending 10 minutes cooking.
I found the spots on the back of the dragon annoying and fiddly. Just let me shoot his head!

I want a DLC that has the other dragons reverting to their original form.

Overall, best game in a long time. I wish I enjoyed building Zonai devices more. I may dig into that more when I pick it up again.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Much like Dark Beast Ganon in BOTW, the very last fight is pretty clearly meant to be much more spectacle than actual challenge

It’s also 100x more badass

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

It won't happen, but I think it would be rad if part of the dlc was a sandbox mode for building weird poo poo. Just plop down in a non story area, unlimited parts and zonite. Maybe with the option to save things you made to your autobuild to use in the actual game.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I saw a youtube where someone said that the depths was caused by the flooding of hyrule in wind waker, can anyone confirm?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wasn't hyrule at the bottom in Wind Waker?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Outpost22 posted:

I saw a youtube where someone said that the depths was caused by the flooding of hyrule in wind waker, can anyone confirm?

There's no reason to believe that other than the above/below thematic similarities. You could also claim it's really Subrosia or whatever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Subrosia is under Holodrum not Hyrule

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

frick, owned

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

quiggy posted:

There's no reason to believe that other than the above/below thematic similarities. You could also claim it's really Subrosia or whatever.

Yeah wind waker floods causing the depths just sounds like a random fan theory to me

Also I had never heard of Subrosia before. How are there so many Zelda games god drat. I keep learning about old lesser known titles from this thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oracle of Ages is on Nintendo switch online as of last month btw

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Docjowles posted:

Yeah wind waker floods causing the depths just sounds like a random fan theory to me

Also I had never heard of Subrosia before. How are there so many Zelda games god drat. I keep learning about old lesser known titles from this thread

You should play all of them that were on nintendo consoles, and then their remakes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Speaking of, how's that Link's Awakening remake engine faring these days, Nintendo? Any other games using a similar original framework doing anything on there? :f5:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ok I went looking for a lightroot and ended up finding the source of the Gloom so I said gently caress it and finished the game. I’m really satisfied with how it all turned out, more so than with BOTW’s ending. The reunion choked me up, and the after credits scene surprised me quite a bit, with all of the sky islands remaining above Hyrule instead of time slipping back or somehow disappearing in a different manner. The implication that Zelda, the modern sages, and Purah would be investigating the sky world and the underground as well leads me to really wonder what the DLC will be, if we get any at all.

Now I want to double my efforts to finish the last ~30ish shrines so I can get the Aspect of the Ancient Hero- I’m really looking forward to using that and finding out what it’s going to take to max upgrade it.

9.5 out of 10 game for me. Now to gently caress around and do the last 15 or so side quests I have left as well.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
They even brought planks to fix the bridge.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I did all the sky shrines first, then did all the lightroots so I had a solid idea where the remaining ground shrines were.

A nice thing about finishing up the remaining shrines was that most of them were hidden in a cave puzzle or something, so I got a fun little underground romp and then I didn't need to do any shrine bullshit, just Rauru's blessing. Funny enough the second to last shrine I had to do was literally sitting out in the open, easy to see. I checked heros path and apparently I just never noticed it, because gamers don't look up.

Going to crack out the last Sages Wills (I have 11 so far) and murder all the gleeoks. After that I'll take a look at any fun looking side quests. Once that is done I'll finally curbstomp Gannon.

I also keep doing the monster crew quests over and over again. I like to build a whole bunch of automated allies and then I just watch the devices, the monster slaying crew, my sage gang fight a whole bunch of poor bastards. I wish there were more monster crew quests, but I appreciate that theyre infinitely repeatable.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Outpost22 posted:

that doesn’t make any sense

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Frankly I forgot about the sage's wills- I got enough to strengthen my bond with Riju which apparently does nothing from what I can tell, so I didn't bother with any of the others.

And I'm not going to help the pedophile to get to his underaged fish girlfriend in that one cave. Eat poo poo, short eyes.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Started playing this over the weekend. I’m probably rusty as gently caress, but the game seems quite a bit harder than Breath of the Wild (which probably a good thing).

Anyhow, still exploring Central Hyrule, gotta go check out what’s up in Rito Village pretty soon.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Frankly I forgot about the sage's wills- I got enough to strengthen my bond with Riju which apparently does nothing from what I can tell, so I didn't bother with any of the others.

And I'm not going to help the pedophile to get to his underaged fish girlfriend in that one cave. Eat poo poo, short eyes.

I upgraded Tulin and it felt noticeable but could be placebo effect. He at least consistently plinks stuff with his bow whereas the others seem to just mill around in confusion not doing poo poo so I’m happy to have those arrows maybe do slightly more damage.

Also I just found and did that cave last night and it was a pain in the rear end. Should have followed your lead and told the inter species pedo to get lost.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Smol posted:

Started playing this over the weekend. I’m probably rusty as gently caress, but the game seems quite a bit harder than Breath of the Wild (which probably a good thing).

Anyhow, still exploring Central Hyrule, gotta go check out what’s up in Rito Village pretty soon.

It's the opening part that's harder really. The learning curve is real steep there for a moment and then it's pretty decent once you get back to where you have a hang glider.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Docjowles posted:

I upgraded Tulin and it felt noticeable but could be placebo effect. He at least consistently plinks stuff with his bow whereas the others seem to just mill around in confusion not doing poo poo so I’m happy to have those arrows maybe do slightly more damage.

Also I just found and did that cave last night and it was a pain in the rear end. Should have followed your lead and told the inter species pedo to get lost.

I thought it upgraded the hero’s ability, so I went with Tulin first thinking maybe I’d fly further or the cool down would drop. But more headshots works too I guess.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dictator. posted:

I thought it upgraded the hero’s ability, so I went with Tulin first thinking maybe I’d fly further or the cool down would drop. But more headshots works too I guess.

That would have been cooler but yeah it’s just their lovely auto attack gets slightly less lovely

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/2021nZelda/status/1699281940246098101
No plans for DLC, huh.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Docjowles posted:

How are there so many Zelda games god drat.

Well, it's coming up to 4 decades.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

To be fair, TOTK is a really complete game so this isn't really very surprising.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
What would DLC even add, there's nothing at all that you could add that people would be happy paying for, people have been making building sized robots and everything else since practically day 1.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

DLC should add new explorable, contiguous versions of OoT, WW, TP, and SS overworlds (selectable from a menu, not connected to each other, I'm not unreasonable), but with all of TotK's navigation mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Let me rebuild Castle Town, building and furnishing houses for each NPC to their particular specs, basically Hyrule Home Designer. Also some of them will require you to build vehicles to ferry cartloads of materials from one corner of the map all the way to the center.