Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Mfw my country takes 250,000+ casualties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Top secret photo of Putin looking though the spyhole to his Kremlin office but the door was put on the wrong way around so Shoigu saw this.

Is this what a mobik sees through the fish eye after a knock at the door?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

why tho. seriously why. what could they possibly gain. can anyone, literally anyone, explain why this must continue? does putin actually think they're making progress? like i know the general populace doesn't know poo poo but like, the people at the top seriously think they can do this? is it a sunk cost fallacy? will these 200k extra bodies buy enough land for putin to be satisfied?

why

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Indecisive posted:

why tho. seriously why. what could they possibly gain. can anyone, literally anyone, explain why this must continue? does putin actually think they're making progress? like i know the general populace doesn't know poo poo but like, the people at the top seriously think they can do this? is it a sunk cost fallacy? will these 200k extra bodies buy enough land for putin to be satisfied?

why
Russia needs to adopt No Why doctrine to fully realize its new identity as a Chinese client state.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

HonorableTB posted:

help i opened my freezer and look

a bunch of russians must have moved into my apartment when i wasnt looking, im being demilitarized

this is one of those pictures that you show to many people around the world and they'd assume it is fake but no that's just what freezers in america look like

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Indecisive posted:

why

Putin is a petulant little poo poo who wont take no for an answer, no matter the cost. The only possible reason would be that Putin is trying to drag this dumbass war out for as long as possible int he vain hope western support folds.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Because Putin is 99.9% insulated from all the misery he's causing and imagines himself as a great figure in his country's storied history.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Indecisive posted:

why

Putin can't stop. If he stops, he's dead. So as the fascist leader of this failed mob he only has one choice: Continue.

If he stops or pulls back or slows down, he's dead.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

redshirt posted:

Putin can't stop. If he stops, he's dead. So as the fascist leader of this failed mob he only has one choice: Continue.

If he stops or pulls back or slows down, he's dead.

I don't think that's true. He's the loving Tsar and Russia lives with the Tsar's choices. He could leave Ukraine, and be really bitchy forever about NATO and the West, and all of Russia will act like "poo poo, glad that's over with" and that's it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

the popes toes posted:

I don't think that's true. He's the loving Tsar and Russia lives with the Tsar's choices. He could leave Ukraine, and be really bitchy forever about NATO and the West, and all of Russia will act like "poo poo, glad that's over with" and that's it.

I hope I am wrong and you are right.

I don't think I am though.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Indecisive posted:

why
Russia is getting rid of their internal undesirable ethnicities by sending them to kill some other undesirable ethnicities, and it's time for the next batch

Burns
May 10, 2008

He aint going anywhere. There would have to be an effort made to knock off his most ardent backers. And so far they have imprisoned or murdered their way through the opposition.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Lavrentiy Beria eventually went out crying hysterically on the floor, but Putin is bigger than that monster ever was.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

As long as the Russian army doesn't have to depend on aptly-named corn dog MREs from N Korea. I can see that as a tipping incident worthy of a lengthy War Gigolo post about dire implications.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
If anyone needed defenestrated I would put a boot in for Putin.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Dwesa posted:

Russia is now placing pantsirs on towers

also Tony Hawk's Pro Skater: Pantsir Edition

https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1698597848525271173

Edit: also this calendar with Putin

pick it up pick it up pick it up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Solus posted:

pick it up pick it up pick it up

*falls off skateboard

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Just in time for the day of the dead

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

HonorableTB posted:

Mfw my country takes 250,000+ casualties

Vladisphere Putin

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Toxic Mental posted:

I can’t believe America has done this

Can't believe America's willing to fight Russia down to the last Russian

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Guys didn't the free and fair and never liars that run Russia said they would not be doing the mobilizing again?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This morning I saw a news clip of this week's meeting between Putin and Kim Jong Un to discuss exchanges of weapons and food. Lmao

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
russia isn't even bothering with fake elections this time. last i checked they were shrugging and basically said "its up to putin if he wants to go through the song and dance, but it does cost an awful lot of money to organize elections..."

This is the face of a Ukrainian hero fighting for his nation, his family, and his fellow soldiers. It's important to keep the war humanized, because it's ordinary, regular humans like me and you who are doing the fighitng and the dying.

This is Ukrainian combat medic Yaryna Chornohuz with her daughter, whom she was able to take to school today. The photographer quoted her as saying "For the first time in four years, I took Orysia to her first day of school. Happy."

12 year old Yana Stepanenko lost both legs last year during a Russian missile attack on Kramatorsk train station. Last Sunday, she ran the Lviv half marathon to raise money for the Unbreakable Foundation - helping children who have lost their limbs during the war.

Near Bakhmut, these 600,000 Ukrainian bees also do their duty. An apiary was set up 2 km from the front line, and the bees regularly fly on missions beyond it. Serhii, a paramedic and radio op at the medical station, assembled hives from ammunition crates, and now there is always fresh honey for the Bakhmut fighters.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 5, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russian police quashed a mining revolt last night due to the miners refusing to be mobilized. Guns fired at the cops etc.

It's about to get a lot worse when they try to grab probably 400K men off the streets. I say 400K because even though the mobilization is 200K they will probably grab more to sort into worthless and worth something because they want 200K men that are ready to go which may take some time to sort out of the remaining pools of men.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
in lighter news, it appears Olaf Scholz had a jogging accident or something and has gone full Big Boss:

https://twitter.com/Bundeskanzler/status/1698627434508063228?s=20

I must say, credit to him for preemptively being a good sport about jokes. Now release the Taurus missiles!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Looking forward to 200,000 people pressing together to get into frame on a phone camera to complain about being sent to war in their casual clothing armed with only a Sochi 2014 branded folding chair and a cloth sack of hulled wheat stamped "2 month ration"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Pick up magazine from guy in front of you

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Short contracts and we guarantee you won't see a single ukrianian soldiers before your contract is up and the fish block is shipped.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Russian police quashed a mining revolt last night due to the miners refusing to be mobilized. Guns fired at the cops etc.

It's about to get a lot worse when they try to grab probably 400K men off the streets. I say 400K because even though the mobilization is 200K they will probably grab more to sort into worthless and worth something because they want 200K men that are ready to go which may take some time to sort out of the remaining pools of men.

Even with 400k they don't need folks from Moscow or St. Petersburg, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_and_towns_in_Russia_by_population.

Grabbing 1% of the inhabitants from the top-100 populations means the two big centers can evade conscriptions all the way into 2024/2025.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov10MD3HFao

If anyone like me was due for a detailed recap of the first days of the war, this is a solid video. It shows the portraits of individual pilots and soldiers who gave their lives defending Kiev, including footage of specific events in their context. Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

e: If a 28 minute video is too long to watch, at least watch 22:00 to 26:00

Mr Lanternfly fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 5, 2023

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

tiaz posted:

in lighter news, it appears Olaf Scholz had a jogging accident or something and has gone full Big Boss:

https://twitter.com/Bundeskanzler/status/1698627434508063228?s=20

I must say, credit to him for preemptively being a good sport about jokes. Now release the Taurus missiles!

Punished Olof

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

tiaz posted:

I must say, credit to him for preemptively being a good sport about jokes.

Yeah, and some are quite good

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Shoigu is a real piece of poo poo

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

@Osinttechnical at twitter has video of a burning Challenger 2 tank. No bodies but the people filming come under indirect fire. This is the third Challenger 2 lost to combat fire and the first by enemy, some have pointed out how the turret is rotated indicates that the crew survived.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Will they sort for worth though, or just send all into the meat grinder? Someone is getting paid to ruin 200K more lives, and by god they will get paid for 400K.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it doesn't make any practical sense to send someone with a huge limp or a bad back or chronic asthma to the front. they would contribute nothing and die instantly.

so they will probably sort a little, yes. i don't expect them to be super diligent about it, though.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
They get paid for warm bodies, not results. The previous mobilisations had diabetics etc called up and I don't see this one going any differently.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
and there's plenty of rear echelon/desk piloting work to do in any military. as to whether or not those will be allocated sensibly, haha uh,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

shadow puppet of a posted:

Looking forward to 200,000 people pressing together to get into frame on a phone camera to complain about being sent to war in their casual clothing armed with only a Sochi 2014 branded folding chair and a cloth sack of hulled wheat stamped "2 month ration"