Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

kiimo posted:

yeah I got Spears thanks I feel good about that.

Derrick Henry has a lot of mileage, it's not a bad bet that he'll start feeling his 30 years with brutal carries soon
I would honestly take Charbonnet over Spears quite easily. Spears is a 5'10" 200 LB change of pace option with a history of major knee injuries. He's got explosive ability but he doesn't profile like Tennessee's history of RB1 dudes and in the event of a Henry injury, I don't think they would rely on him as a workhorse. They would likely give a ton of touches to a bigger back like Julius Chestnut.

Charbonnet is already in a split backfield where his main competition dealt with a groin injury in camp, giving Charb a lot of valuable first team reps in the lead up to opening day. He already has the advantage over Walker on passing downs and if Walker reaggravates his groin injury, he becomes The Man in Seattle getting 20+ touches a game.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

To each his own and it's already done but Charbonnet in my opinion isn't nearly as talented. I believe in KWIII so I'm not sure why they drafted him at all. His yards after contact are pedestrian and compared to Spears it's night and day.

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1695815684997960110?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

pmchem posted:

on second thought, lol welp

Oh, hello Kyler Murray on the Pup..

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Th cardinals tank job is going to bore a hole to the center of the earth

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sorry to spam links but we need two more if anyone’s late and lusting for a yahoo redraft league!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041007

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Docjowles posted:

Th cardinals tank job is going to bore a hole to the center of the earth

I'm streaming DST against them all year.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I split an entry with a few friends into a large survivor pool, part of our discussion for our pick this week was who was more likely to lose between the Cardinals, Texans, and Bucs rather than which team playing against them is more likely to win.

Survivor pools are fun and I wish I was in more than one.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm streaming DST against them all year.

poo poo, I'd do this but I somehow got Dallas d with first pick of last round.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Jingleheimer posted:

I split an entry with a few friends into a large survivor pool, part of our discussion for our pick this week was who was more likely to lose between the Cardinals, Texans, and Bucs rather than which team playing against them is more likely to win.

Survivor pools are fun and I wish I was in more than one.

I run a survivor league and like it because it's just as likely for someone unfamiliar with football to win. At least that's how it's shaped out the last 6 years.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I run a survivor league and like it because it's just as likely for someone unfamiliar with football to win. At least that's how it's shaped out the last 6 years.

Yeah survivor is fun and cool. Also I got eliminated from my pool last year by the Colts beating the Chiefs out of nowhere lol, as did I expect many people.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
On the piggyback of my work league, someone invited me to a starters only league. 9 rounds, .5 PPR. Only 20$ buy in so was just gonna wing it but any advice is helpful. Draft is on two hours and I'm on "I need help" duty and cooking here so will just use my reg draft strat mostly.

Edit: guess the draft was 530 instead of 6. Still ended up decent and since we will all be having to drop bye week it will be a bit of a mystery.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 5, 2023

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

What is a starters only league?

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

What is a starters only league?

I think it might mean no bench, which is... interesting.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Alright, I need some advice on what to do with my flex position. I have:

WR: Wilson / K Allen
RB: Barkley / Pierce

Bench: Charbonnet / Flowers / Bigsby / Johnston / Hyatt / Z. white

I’m torn between Charbonnet, Flowers, Bigsby. And Johnston. All are gambles, so I guess it comes down to the matchup, which I think favors Charbonnet and Flowers

What are your thoughts?

Edit: half PPR league

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Draft done, 2 people phone kept cutting out so half their picks were autodraft because for some reason they don't own a computer. They autodraft gave them the SF D in the third round. 10 team, PPR.

QB: Allen
RB: Bijan, Pollard
WR: JJ, AJB
TE: Goedert
Flex: Pierce

Bench:
D. Johnson
M. Williams
J. Dotson
R. White
D. Montgomery
K. Herbert
T. Higbee

Kicker: Younghoe
D: Cowboys

Thoughts on if I should put anyone from bench in for starters week one? Thinking putting Higbee in since Kupp will be out.
Dameon or Alec Pierce in the flex? Guessing Dameon but asking just to be sure :v: I like Dotson, Diontae, or Monty over either possible Pierce, in that order.

Cnidario posted:

I’m torn between Charbonnet, Flowers, Bigsby. And Johnston. All are gambles, so I guess it comes down to the matchup, which I think favors Charbonnet and Flowers

What are your thoughts?

With the KW3 groin injury someone already mentioned I like Charbs over Dameon Pierce (the Houston OL is in shambles and who knows how their offense is going to look) and taking a flyer on either Flowers or Johnston in your flex. I'm not some expert though, just some loony that is in almost a dozen leagues this year saying what I would do in your shoes.

Jingleheimer posted:

In one of my dynasty leagues where I'm contending, I'm trying to trade for Henry, but I don't want to be stuck holding the bag on him, so I'm asking the guy to send me Spears with him and he won't budge. I should probably just overpay a little bit because I think my window closes after next year. I might as well go all out now.

I have the opposite problem in my other dynasty league (also superflex). This is our first year and I wasn't happy with my startup draft, so I decided to go full blown tank. After a few drinks last night, I traded Bijan Robinson, Dak Prescott, and Khalil Herbert for 3 2024 1st round picks and a 2025 1st. I probably should have asked for more, but I don't think he would have accepted the trade if I did. Trading Bijan wasn't easy, he could have still been useful to me after a 3 year rebuild. But my goal is to tank for Caleb Williams since my current qbs arent great, and our rookie draft order is determined by max points, so I wanted to get all those guys off of my team. My team is terrible now but at least I have 8 picks in the first two rounds of our 2024 rookie draft. They can't all be busts, right? ...right?
Re trading for King Henry and asking for Spears too: I can understand your trade partner. I think you should either get Henry cheap or overpay to get Spears too. Probably pay less for just Henry in case the Tits turn into a pumpkin next year if they ditch Tanny and their OL still sucks. Its a tough spot. What kind of trade compensation are you looking at? have you compared on any of the sites like KTC to gauge the value of the offer? I have a contending team but when I saw the going rate for Henry was a first I dropped the idea.

Regarding selling the farm for picks: I agree that you could have asked for more but would have been worried about getting rejected. I think Khalil will be riding the Chicago bench by midseason so he's whatever, so I'd look at that as two firsts for Bijan and two firsts for Dak, and thats not terrible (I hate Dak and would never draft him except as a last resort though, so I'm a little biased. gently caress the Cowboys). If tanking like this will get you Caleb its probably worth it, I think? As stated I'm no expert, just some dummy in too many leagues. I'm tanking for Caleb in a league where I took on an orphan this year so good luck!

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 5, 2023

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Re trading for King Henry and asking for Spears too: I can understand your trade partner. I think you should either get Henry cheap or overpay to get Spears too. Probably pay less for just Henry in case the Tits turn into a pumpkin next year if they ditch Tanny and their OL still sucks. Its a tough spot. What kind of trade compensation are you looking at? have you compared on any of the sites like KTC to gauge the value of the offer? I have a contending team but when I saw the going rate for Henry was a first I dropped the idea.

The offer I made for Henry/Spears was Mac Jones/Pacheco as a starting point, and would have thrown in a 3rd round pick or something if he wanted to negotiate. Mac Jones is meh but he desperately needs a qb. But now I have to stick with Mac Jones as my qb3 because today someone randomly offered me a 2024 1st and 3rd, and a 2025 2nd for Jordan Love. I'm high on Love and didn't want to trade him, and certainly not for just draft capital since I'm competing and want players rather than picks. But the value was too good to pass up, and I'll probably make another offer for Henry/Spears using the 1st I just got.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Guess I might as well post my draft here for any crticism/suggestions. 1 ppr league.

QB: Burrow
RB: Ekeler
RB: Akers
WR: D Adams
WR: C Ridley
WR: C Watson
TE: D Schultz
RB/WR/TE: M Evans
D/ST: Washington
K: Bullock
BN: Mostert
BN: Hyatt
BN: Charbonett
BN: Smith-Schuster
BN: T Chandler

I think it's pretty solid. Some risk at WR but Davante is a good player and Ridley has a good QB to help him return to form.

I might put Mostert in the flex spot since he's the only RB standing on that team and Evans has a groin injury which are no joke.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 5, 2023

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Cnidario posted:

What are your thoughts?

These are rough choices for Week 1, especially since they are all rookies and we have little insight into their roles. Is this a 14-16 team league?

I'd use one of Charbonnet and Bigsby and hope they get a goal line TD/garbage time work. Probably Bigsby.

Guess we need a sit/start thread now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I offered two starters for Tyjae Spears and the owner wouldn't budge. I mean it was Miles Sanders and Brandin Cooks but still, the word is out on Spears.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I offered two starters for Tyjae Spears and the owner wouldn't budge. I mean it was Miles Sanders and Brandin Cooks but still, the word is out on Spears.

This seems like a wild overpayment. I’m amazed someone would turn that down unless it’s a dynasty league and still it’s pretty far fetched.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, unless I'm tanking in dynasty I would take Sanders for Spears straight up. But I'm not as crazy about Spears as some are. He's a decent enough backup, but outside of a Henry injury this season he's not guaranteed to be the lead back in Tennessee going forward. They could easily bring someone else in when they move on from Henry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It is indeed dynasty

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YES! Yahoo gave my draft a D+! Picking from the 12 spot, PPR, this order:
A.J. Brown
Mark Andrews
Miles Sanders
Amon-Ra St. Brown (keeper)
Tua Tagovailoa
Christian Kirk
Antonio Gibson
Zay Flowers
Jakobi Meyers
De'Von Achane
Travis Etienne Jr. (keeper)
Jalin Hyatt
Zamir White
Rashee Rice
Kyler Murray
Sam LaPorta

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Starting anyone you have vs ARZ this year seems like it would be a good strategy.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

10 team half ppr league. Pick #7. How'd I do?

1 T. Hill
2 D. Henry
3 J. Mixon
4. N. Harris
5 K. Allen
6 T. Lawrence
7 D. Goedert
8 R. White
9. C. Kirk
10 J. Jeudy
11 E. Moore
12. N. Collins
13 T. Allgeier
14. Washington
15 J. Elliot

Pretty happy with my bench depth but a little nervous about Najee. But I should be fine if he doesn't work out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Guess I might as well post my draft here for any crticism/suggestions. 1 ppr league.

QB: Burrow
RB: Ekeler
RB: Akers
WR: D Adams
WR: C Ridley
WR: C Watson
TE: D Schultz
RB/WR/TE: M Evans
D/ST: Washington
K: Bullock
BN: Mostert
BN: Hyatt
BN: Charbonett
BN: Smith-Schuster
BN: T Chandler

I think it's pretty solid. Some risk at WR but Davante is a good player and Ridley has a good QB to help him return to form.

I might put Mostert in the flex spot since he's the only RB standing on that team and Evans has a groin injury which are no joke.

I like this team. Juju probably wont do poo poo but he can at least cover byes. And yeah I would try to get Mostert into your lineup for either Evans or Akers. That Miami/Chargers game has the second highest over/under on the week and at least last year the Chargers couldn’t stop the run to save their lives. He could have a huge week 1

We need to make a sit start thread huh

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol now early round QB hoarder upped the ante to Burrow, Cooks, Kincaid, and 10% of his FAAB to me for AJ Brown. Either he’s desperate to get himself out of his draft strategy gamble after no one is jumping all over him for a QB, or he really really wants Brown. I’m guessing both and I’m thinking I’m still not taking his offer!

How do we think Gibbs is gonna look? Does a counter of Burrow and Gibbs for Brown seem good? I personally think I gotta stay with a 1-2 punch of Tyreek Hill and Brown though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
10 team PPR league. I was trying to do 0RB and that is what I ended up with for sure. 9th pick in a 10 team league. I didn't want to take Kupp but I couldn't pass up on the value in the 3rd round. I also wanted Waller instead of Andrews and in hindsight I could've waited another round and gotten him and got a RB instead of Andrews but that maneuver was too ballsy for me to try during the draft. Good chance that blows up my team though. I accidently ran out of time in the 10th and ended up with a defense which is pretty embarrassing. I'm going to be all over the waivers for another RB since I don't want to start Dillon ever if I can avoid it but I think this team has some reasonable upside if Kupp isn't dead and if Kamara comes back after 3 weeks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

T-Square posted:

Lol now early round QB hoarder upped the ante to Burrow, Cooks, Kincaid, and 10% of his FAAB to me for AJ Brown. Either he’s desperate to get himself out of his draft strategy gamble after no one is jumping all over him for a QB, or he really really wants Brown. I’m guessing both and I’m thinking I’m still not taking his offer!

How do we think Gibbs is gonna look? Does a counter of Burrow and Gibbs for Brown seem good? I personally think I gotta stay with a 1-2 punch of Tyreek Hill and Brown though.

Do not trade AJ Brown. Don't be like the Titans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Square posted:

Unless this is a superflex league you should not do this trade.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Immediately after the draft I was offered Hurts, Javonte, Mike Evans, and Pittman for Herbert, Olave, and Higgins. Fantasy football!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

T-Square posted:

I'm with Impossibly Perfect Sphere, dont trade AJB away. gently caress the QB hoarder.

dkj posted:

Immediately after the draft I was offered Hurts, Javonte, Mike Evans, and Pittman for Herbert, Olave, and Higgins. Fantasy football!
lmao

T-Square
May 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm with Impossibly Perfect Sphere, dont trade AJB away. gently caress the QB hoarder.

Yeah, this is where I’m at, I just needed a little re-assurance that my emotional needs of loving over the guy thinking he’s smugly pulling one over on the league aren’t clouding judgement. But also yeah, I have a pretty kickass WR room for the first time in a few years so I’m definitely gonna keep it that way.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

10 team PPR league. I was trying to do 0RB and that is what I ended up with for sure. 9th pick in a 10 team league. I didn't want to take Kupp but I couldn't pass up on the value in the 3rd round. I also wanted Waller instead of Andrews and in hindsight I could've waited another round and gotten him and got a RB instead of Andrews but that maneuver was too ballsy for me to try during the draft. Good chance that blows up my team though. I accidently ran out of time in the 10th and ended up with a defense which is pretty embarrassing. I'm going to be all over the waivers for another RB since I don't want to start Dillon ever if I can avoid it but I think this team has some reasonable upside if Kupp isn't dead and if Kamara comes back after 3 weeks.

The idea that you can find starting caliber RBs by churning waivers is one of the reasons zero RB works so that’s not the end of the world. I bet at least one of the Colts backs is there right now and could help fill in for a few weeks. Try to stack up bench guys (or stockpile FAAB to blow when an injury happens) who could immediately take over a huge workload if the starter sucks or goes down. New thread darling Tyjae Spears, Ty Chandler, Jerome Ford, Jaylen Warren, Elijah Mitchell etc.

Kupp is a huge gamble obviously. If you got vintage Kupp in the third and he only misses a couple weeks you’re in a great spot. Or maybe he misses a month, plays 2 games and immediately gets hurt again :shrug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So yesterday was my big draft day with 3 in a row. I am going to share my successes and failures with all of you because I love you all. Here you go:

GoonTier B, 0.5 PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/IDP, 11th pick

I am always ambivalent about drafting against other goons. Feeling okay? I am very happy about the Mostert/Taylor combo though. If things work out then how I hope they will, I'll be doing well by week 5.

Bay Area Bitches, 1PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex,/DST/K, 1st pick

Not a huge fan of this one but I defaulted to JJ but my gut is telling me Kelce or CMC... The rest of it looks bog standard to me. Nothing crazy.

Arm Chair Football League, 0.5ppr, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/DST

This draft was loving WEIRD. Back up and really early QBs, back up and early D/STs, back up and early TEs, etc. I feel like I have a dope rear end team here, minus the QB gamble. But I Believe.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

T-Square posted:

Lol now early round QB hoarder upped the ante to Burrow, Cooks, Kincaid, and 10% of his FAAB to me for AJ Brown.

What site allows you to trade FAAB? That sounds kind of cool actually.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

coronaball posted:

What site allows you to trade FAAB? That sounds kind of cool actually.

Both Sleeper and ESPN allow it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Myfantasyleague does as well

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hit your panic buttons!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1699121863425671499?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Lmao just drafted him for the first time ever 2 hours ago. Extremely cool.