Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Decrepus posted:

What is a stromboli

its like a p'zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Decrepus posted:

What is a stromboli

Not much what is a Stromboli with you?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's a volcano in Italy and all these people cheering for an eruption make me sick.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

My local supermarket used to sell a bunch of kulfi flavours but for some reason now they only sell the worst mango one. Why couldn't they have kept pistachio :smith:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/BjhfPKN.mp4

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That's a lot of fried bologna
I'd hit it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
gonna need a quick sodium count on that meal, it might actually kill me but I want to try.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pyrotoad posted:

My local supermarket used to sell a bunch of kulfi flavours but for some reason now they only sell the worst mango one. Why couldn't they have kept pistachio :smith:

Pistachio Kulfi set in a mud pot is heavenly.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'd be drier than a naked Fremen after finishing that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was tentatively on board early on, while thinking that's probably a bit too much meat. And then he just went ahead and added 4x as much right on top of that :rip:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The little bit of mayonnaise helps it go down easy

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
How do you even eat that.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Nice. If you see cicadas done the same way get those, they're excellent.

Pages ago, but no one said anything, so I'll be the one: go easy on the cicadas. They're fine in small portions but accumulate a ton of mercury and pesticides.

People got sick double fisting those things into their drooling maws last time they came out in droves.

But also I wanted to say thanks to the thread, seeing the videos of really skilled people make food really brightened my night.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

For a brief second I thought he was caramelizing a whole bunch of red onions.

Then I realized the awful truth.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was tentatively on board early on, while thinking that's probably a bit too much meat. And then he just went ahead and added 4x as much right on top of that :rip:

Well it's one way to get three meals for a day packed up to go I guess

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Samovar posted:

For a brief second I thought he was caramelizing a whole bunch of red onions.

Then I realized the awful truth.

I was in the same place, maybe blame flux.io. I even thought "ehhh that's a bit much" when he started piling on the meat.

It wasn't until the next posts where I realized it was *all* meat.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

withak posted:

How do you even eat that.

with love and joy in my heart

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

LvK posted:

It wasn't until the next posts where I realized it was *all* meat.

Nah dude, there's a piece of haloumi. Makes all the difference.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats just gross and wasteful. a meal only an american could love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGNi4FztdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSqwSy2zRSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iCwvwQgiQw

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/yhRBmkj.mp4

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Eu4Yd802o

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I would eat this so hard.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

As a Mexican this almost made me tear up. That looks so good, I'm sad I'm not there to eat it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dude, I'd eat here at least once every day or two. This looks so good.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Does it count as street food when its just a woman cooking in her garden?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

that looks so good…

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Fatty posted:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maleh-Vor posted:

As a Mexican this almost made me tear up. That looks so good, I'm sad I'm not there to eat it.
hell yeah :same:. Well not the Mexican part, which is why I have to ask is this a taco or does it have a more specific name if I ever wanted to someone to make one?

Fatty posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1HK8CPQ.mp4

Better or is she also technically inside?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't know what many of these things are but I know I want them badly

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hell yeah

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

If love (and music) could be expressed through food this would be it!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

LifeSunDeath posted:

gonna need a quick sodium count on that meal, it might actually kill me but I want to try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham%27s_number

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

mobby_6kl posted:

hell yeah :same:. Well not the Mexican part, which is why I have to ask is this a taco or does it have a more specific name if I ever wanted to someone to make one?

Most of that is pretty homey, but in small towns especially in the south, you can find that setup with a couple of plastic tables in front and get that breakfast for 2-3 dollars. All of that is very affordable food that people in very poor regions eat regularly.

As for what everything is: eggs are on hoja santa (Mexican Pepperleaf), some of the tacos are just tortillas with lard or butter and sprinkled with queso fresco, while others have refried beans and avocado on them (and some queso fresco on them for good measure), and there's some mole quesadillas as well. The salsa is molcajeteada, which means they char the ingredients on that griddle, then grind it in a volcanic stone mortar.

I'd bet those tortillas and salsa are to die for.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Maleh-Vor posted:

Most of that is pretty homey, but in small towns especially in the south, you can find that setup with a couple of plastic tables in front and get that breakfast for 2-3 dollars. All of that is very affordable food that people in very poor regions eat regularly.

When I was in Mexico on a road trip (15+ years ago) that was one of my favorite experiences: just cruising around looking for someone who put plastic chairs outside and getting some great food. I remember all the chairs were Coke branded and thinking, drat, global capitalism is weird.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

JackBandit posted:

When I was in Mexico on a road trip (15+ years ago) that was one of my favorite experiences: just cruising around looking for someone who put plastic chairs outside and getting some great food. I remember all the chairs were Coke branded and thinking, drat, global capitalism is weird.

That's a whole thing. If you're a small restaurant, coke will generally give you free or very cheap tables and chairs with their logo on it if you sell their drinks. There used to be a few other companies that did this but coke are the ones you see all over the place.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Coke has a pretty evil role it's playing in Mexico as well.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That looks so, so good.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Maleh-Vor posted:

That's a whole thing. If you're a small restaurant, coke will generally give you free or very cheap tables and chairs with their logo on it if you sell their drinks. There used to be a few other companies that did this but coke are the ones you see all over the place.

In a lot of the world signage is like this. A beer company will give you a sign for your restaurant, but also with their logo on it.

Learn all the Latin American pilsner brands and you’ll get real good at Geoguessr quick.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Small shops will often have signs bearing the logo of some relevant product they sell. Corner shops will have signs provided by ice cream, snack food or bread makers, butchers will have signs branded with pork or beef producers, etc. It's extremely common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvkFneGgK9V/