Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

There is a very lucrative market untapped if anyone is ordering their $95.95 spaghetti kit.

I reckon they'd pay at least $25.25 for buns and an onion to really jazz it up

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

great big cardboard tube posted:

There is a very lucrative market untapped if anyone is ordering their $95.95 spaghetti kit.

I reckon they'd pay at least $25.25 for buns and an onion to really jazz it up

Isn't this basically Goldbelly's business model?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I haven't tried it, but I don't have an issue with the concept. I'd love to give it a shot, I like all sorts of meat-based glops.

Its honestly not that hard to make, and you can find all sorts of copycat recipies all over the place if you look. Its good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Does skyline even have anything to do with hot dogs? Maybe I've missed it, I thought it was just the chili on spaghetti.

The spaghetti is the trick option. The hot dogs are the primary Skyline thing and are great.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The whole tomato sauce-chili slide is one of my favorite things about the English language. Just completely confused folks everywhere. Put tex-mex chili on pasta? Delicious but insane. Put tex-mex chili on a hot dog? Very heavy but ok. Walk into a coney island and get spaghetti sauce on your hot dog instead of tex-mex chili? Working as designed.

Tex Mex chili goes on rice or on loose corn with distant runner up alone. Coney sauce chili goes on hotdogs and pasta. So simple yet so arcane of knowledge you feel like a wizard for knowing it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I showed you my savory shrimp box, please respond

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

zedprime posted:

The whole tomato sauce-chili slide is one of my favorite things about the English language. Just completely confused folks everywhere. Put tex-mex chili on pasta? Delicious but insane. Put tex-mex chili on a hot dog? Very heavy but ok. Walk into a coney island and get spaghetti sauce on your hot dog instead of tex-mex chili? Working as designed.

Tex Mex chili goes on rice or on loose corn with distant runner up alone. Coney sauce chili goes on hotdogs and pasta. So simple yet so arcane of knowledge you feel like a wizard for knowing it.

Wait until you hear about curry.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

zedprime posted:

The best way to serve Tex Mex chili is as a Frito pie. Top with white onion and cheese, enjoy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What manner of culinary evil awaits inside prawndora's box? :ohdear:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Shooting Blanks posted:

The best way to serve Tex Mex chili is as a Frito pie. Top with white onion and cheese, enjoy.
Incredibly loose corn, glued back together.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So I tried this cereal because it was in the clearance aisle.

So when it says "feel the freeze! Cools your mouth as you eat", that's not just a meaningless tagline like "taste the rainbow" or "magically delicious" or "kid tested mother approved". The cereal is specially formulated with a secret ingredient to create that effect.

The ingredient is MENTHOL. This is mentholated cereal. Pretty nasty.

Elviscat posted:

Wait until you hear about curry.

I think chili fits a similar culinary niche to curry, but I haven't really had enough of either to be sure.

I guess curry generally has a lot more different spices in the mix.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SlothfulCobra posted:

So when it says "feel the freeze! Cools your mouth as you eat", that's not just a meaningless tagline like "taste the rainbow" or "magically delicious" or "kid tested mother approved". The cereal is specially formulated with a secret ingredient to create that effect.

Lol, I remember seeing that on some weird food account, and I'm delighted to find out it follows through on the cooling aspect. What a dumb idea, I'm not surprised it did a speedrun to the clearance aisle.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Finally somebody decided to corner the cereal + toothpaste combo market

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

They had a bunch on clearance at Safeway last week. If it's still there next time I go, I'll do a trip report.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I bought some a while back and liked it. Not enough to get more, but it mostly was just because I don't particularly like cherry, which it had a pretty strong flavor of.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mm cherry menthol puffs

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

steinrokkan posted:

Finally somebody decided to corner the cereal + toothpaste combo market

Just add nicotine and you have a replacement product for menthol cigarettes

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nenonen posted:

Just add nicotine and you have a replacement product for menthol cigarettes
I wonder if we can convince anyone that if you put these in your volcano it makes it taste like vape juice.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

poo poo, got Corn Pop lung :(

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

SlothfulCobra posted:

Amazing they came up with something worse than the sour patch kids cereal that would curdle the milk you put on it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/PersonalBeavis/status/1698475694219465154

delicious

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Boba Hurl

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://2by2.info/poutine.mp4

Mr.Radar has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Sep 5, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The spoonful of gravy got me for some reason

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'd want to bake those fries, not microwave them, but that looks like it'd be a fantastic drunkmeal.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's nothing wrong with that combination of flavors but the presentation as well as the texture too I'll bet leaves a lot to be desired.

How about cheesy potato croquettes with a gravy dip, that would not take much time to make and be more satisfying.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
That's a hate crime against Canada.

I'm not canadian, but I'm still offended because it's also a hate crime against food.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it's so much better to make your own gravy for poutine, but ultimately it's a kind of trash food that should be made as lazily as you want it to be.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'll never be lazy enough to microwave french fries.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's just a bowl of mashed potato:shrug:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It would never have a curd to me to poutine that sort of cheese

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I will drink the cheese water.

Old photo of fridge contents.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A friend!

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Mymla posted:

That's a hate crime against Canada.

I'm not canadian, but I'm still offended because it's also a hate crime against food.

No I'm pretty sure putting ketchup on poutine would constitute as a hate crime.

Had a friend do that while we were visiting Toronto and I was aghast. I outright called it sacrilegious but they insisted anyways though they relented by putting the ketchup on the side so they wouldn't ruin it for me. For what it's worth, my friend is a Chinese expat that recently came to the US so they don't know better.

I mean, I guess it tasted fine what with the sweet and tanginess of the ketchup probably works well with the salt and savory of the poutine but that combo just seems downright disrespectful.

Edward IV has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Sep 5, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nesamdoom posted:

I will drink the cheese water.

Old photo of fridge contents.

Eww gross.

Budweiser :barf:

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Eww gross.

Budweiser :barf:

Divorce fridge.
It's depression from the top to bottom. Except the plastic roach that cheered me up every time I had to drink a poverty Bud and not eat. Somehow sadder than the 3 dry rear end hotdogs.

E:Shout out to my pasta sauce jar of leftover oatmeal.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hey at least if you're drinking cheap lovely beer you're drinking cheap lovely beer made by unionized workers

Lib and let die has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nesamdoom posted:

Divorce fridge.
It's depression from the top to bottom. Except the plastic roach that cheered me up every time I had to drink a poverty Bud and not eat. Somehow sadder than the 3 dry rear end hotdogs.

E:Shout out to my pasta sauce jar of leftover oatmeal.

Hopefully things are going better for you now!