Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

punk's gonna be a permanent guest on cornette's podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

zetamind2000 posted:

punk's gonna be a permanent guest on cornette's podcast

"CM Punk sucker punches Jim Cornette after Jim says, 'Pepsi sucks my rear end'. More on Observer Live with Dave Meltzer"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

A Real Horse posted:

Isn’t Corny’s whole gimmick that he loving hates AEW, so it’s just as likely that if they didn’t fire Punk he would be ranting about much of a mark TK is, and he must be so weak to let a wrestler control him like that, etc etc, with probably some racism thrown in?

Corncob is a giant Punk mark and in his mind Perry did everything wrong and Punk is an innocent saint and we should all take to the streets to stone Perry for his crimes and then burn down Tony Khan's house before delivering trucks full of Pepsi and Mindy's muffins to Punk.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What was his opinion on Punk before this? I'm gonna assume he hated Punk and wanted him dead for signing with AEW to begin with but now that Punk is the Anti-Elite he worships the guy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Drakkel posted:

What was his opinion on Punk before this? I'm gonna assume he hated Punk and wanted him dead for signing with AEW to begin with but now that Punk is the Anti-Elite he worships the guy.

'He's the one guy in the company that's worth a drat and is a draw and the Elite should have been fired a year ago for what they did to his poor innocent soul.'

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

he is obsessed

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Raeg posted:

That's a 1980s mindset, the appropriate punishment these days is no less than three (3) passive aggressive jokes on Being The Elite. Get with the times grandpa.

Also he can't play XBox in the locker room anymore.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

zetamind2000 posted:

punk's been compromised to a permanent guestspot

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

He’s now moving past the Bucks and to other AEW people

https://twitter.com/talkwrestling23/status/1698939813850664995?s=46

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

As it will now become evergreen

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1698369018485485590

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Cornette won't rest until every woman tangentially connected to this fiasco has been held accountable.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Misogyny probably makes up more of his bullshit than people really give weight to, I guess it just doesn’t come up as regularly as a talking point in such a heavily male-dominated industry where there are naturally just less women to talk about so less opportunity to do so.

When he was talking about Jay Briscoe’s accident and the other driver being “some woman” you could really hear the contempt in his voice he was carrying for the fact it was a woman driving the other vehicle.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

I like that the unemployed, unemployable old racist is pulling hypotheticals and thirdhand knowledge out of his rear end to try and smear the brown dude he dislikes because said dude will not give the unemployable old racist money

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Raeg posted:

I love the parade of pro-workplace assault fans. Just people who think that's a rad time.

They literally refuse to believe that Punk attacked anyone, and they all believe the conspiracy that the Elite told all the newsletters that Punk attacked people because Cornette doesn't like "flippy guys"

Absolutely delusional tribalist cult

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

rotinaj posted:

I like that the unemployed, unemployable old racist is pulling hypotheticals and thirdhand knowledge out of his rear end to try and smear the brown dude he dislikes because said dude will not give the unemployable old racist money

Also the dude who's only held a management position in companies booking high school gyms trying to fantasy book million dollar contract wrangling.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Cornette just has to talk about this poo poo for the attention. His knowledge of and taste in wrestling is so irrelevant to the mainstream that his natural audience is just other old people who really think that some random squash from Mid-South is better than Okada vs. Omega. That's not a lot of people, so he has to talk about stuff that is relevant.

And he has to talk about it like a teenager reviewing a video game they hate in 1999 because that's his character.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lumbermouth posted:

Also the dude who's only held a management position in companies booking high school gyms trying to fantasy book million dollar contract wrangling.

Which has always made their mantra of 'outlaw mud show' funny because he ran an unsuccessful one for far shorter a time than a lot of other promotions ran. If you're doing a show in front of two dozen people in a high school gym in Hogswallop Tennessee, congrats, you're a very muddy show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dawgstar posted:

Which has always made their mantra of 'outlaw mud show' funny because he ran an unsuccessful one for far shorter a time than a lot of other promotions ran. If you're doing a show in front of two dozen people in a high school gym in Hogswallop Tennessee, congrats, you're a very muddy show.

As of July, Tony Khan has successfully run a wrestling promotion for longer than Jim Cornette has.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

Cornette just has to talk about this poo poo for the attention.

That’s the thing about this, jimbo has no other direct revenue streams coming in other than his patreon and his podcast listeners donating to his patreon, right? So he is literally financially incentivized to be a dickhead to get rageclicks

It is extremely cool that he is using the steven crowder method

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lamuella posted:

As of July, Tony Khan has successfully run a wrestling promotion for longer than Jim Cornette has.

"Oh so AEW's successful now, is it? Well lemme tell you successful to ME is selling out the Spartanburg Armory with Killer Karl Kox in a fight with Dick Murdoch for Most Racist Man Alive title! We popped that arena and people were hanging from the rafters!"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Well, what makes an Outlaw Mud Show an Outlaw Mud Show is not that it's small-time, but that it doesn't have the blessing of the extremely official ancient honorary brotherhood of territorial wrestling promoters. So any show not blessed by the NWA is a mud show.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
AEW stands for Annoying Extreme Whiners

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

But enough about CM Punk and Jim Cornette.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I knew it was a woman's fault. Even when it was all men fighting each other I knew it was a woman.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Halloween Jack posted:

Well, what makes an Outlaw Mud Show an Outlaw Mud Show is not that it's small-time, but that it doesn't have the blessing of the extremely official ancient honorary brotherhood of territorial wrestling promoters. So any show not blessed by the NWA is a mud show.

Billy Corgan is the only one not running an outlaw mud show

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wow weird the guy who got fired from every job he’s had if not for being racist, for verbally threatening or outright slapping an employee is mad about a guy getting repeatedly violent with coworkers.

I’d say sir this is a wendys drive thru but we’ve seen that won’t stop Corny.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Hold on there chief, is billy going to pay cornette for something? Jim making a paycheck is the true arbitrator of whether a wrestling show is an indy mud show

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you may disagree with jim cornette but he's also cm punk. mad?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just a reminder he got fired from wwe developmental for slapping around santino after he corpsed at boogeyman lmao dude sucks on toast

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

weekly font posted:

Just a reminder he got fired from wwe developmental for slapping around santino after he corpsed at boogeyman lmao dude sucks on toast

lol try not to corpse at boogeyman challenge (impossible)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I like that he calls people cosplay wrestlers when his gimmick for cena was “terminator” and his gimmick for batista was “gangrel but jacked”

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

WELL MAYBE HE SHOULD

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

weekly font posted:

I like that he calls people cosplay wrestlers when his gimmick for cena was “terminator” and his gimmick for batista was “gangrel but jacked”

I like that he calls people cosplay wrestlers and yet wasn’t a loving wrestler himself

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

weekly font posted:

Also spent most of his career wearing Lupin III suits

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

rotinaj posted:

I like that he calls people cosplay wrestlers and yet wasn’t a loving wrestler himself
James M. Cornette fought off 600,000 screaming Mulkeymaniacs at the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge with only a tennis racket reinforced with a horseshoe and a dog chain, brother.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

James M. Cornette fought off 600,000 screaming Mulkeymaniacs at the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge with only a tennis racket reinforced with a horseshoe and a dog chain, brother.

*600,000 and one ninja turtle

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

jealous?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you may disagree with jim cornette but he's also cm punk. mad?

Hi, welcome. This is a quarantine thread so it's pretty lenient but still, please post better than this.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Brut posted:

Hi, welcome. This is a quarantine thread so it's pretty lenient but still, please post better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

weekly font posted:

drat no wonder he has a problem with the legal department