Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

So at this point - Punk has total ownership of the Chicago flag, the product of Pepsi and I don't know...no one else can eat muffins anymore?

As a Chicagoan I don't expect everyone to recognize the Chicago flag for what it is but it always makes me laugh when people think it's The Punk Logo (TM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

As a Chicagoan I don't expect everyone to recognize the Chicago flag for what it is but it always makes me laugh when people think it's The Punk Logo (TM)

My wife thought that too! She saw Sky Blue's gear and was like did she take his trunks? I said it was the flag and she was like but it looks like it's designed just like his. I said that's because his gear is just the flag. He made no changes either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Will Ospreay and Jamie Hayter wear the Union flag at Wembley next year and are accused of plagiarism of Davey Boy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shard posted:

So at this point - Punk has total ownership of the Chicago flag, the product of Pepsi and I don't know...no one else can eat muffins anymore?

Also Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think we need a break from all this Punk negativity and have a chuckle at a good old fashioned joke from our favorite jokesmith.

https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1698691153757950426

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

These people are out of their goddamn minds.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vandar posted:

They realized that saying the Bucks were behind it all meant they are better workers than CM Punk so they have switched gears to Megha out working him.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vandar posted:

Can't believe Megha mind controlled the Punkster to attack Jungle Boy, that's messed up of her tbh

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

I think we need a break from all this Punk negativity and have a chuckle at a good old fashioned joke from our favorite jokesmith.

https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1698691153757950426

If he grew up in the Bible belt of the US, this is 100% believable.

Vandar posted:

Excited for Punk Truthers to follow the Q Anon lead and begin saying that Punk is actually still booking Collision (but not Dynamite) but if there's anything you don't like on Collision it's because that part was booked by somebody else.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I always thought that wrestling and sports fans were crazy but since I read this thread (fortunately I've been oblivious to the IWC my entire life until SA threads like this), now I think wrestling fans are truly the weirdest, crazier and insane of anything so far.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vandar posted:

I wonder if she's experienced anything this insane from NFL fans. Probably not.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Just bringing up the trivia that 'fan' was originally short for fanatic, and used derisively to describe the bsseball weirdos who would memorize player statistics and get into brawls at games over 100 years ago. So sports fans have a lineage of being weird and unhealthy about this stuff.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I've gone to a couple of comic cons, there are weird fans for everything but I think wrestling fans are a special breed.

Moxley was at a local convention during the first Punk suspension and these 3 weirdos kept asking him questions about it. He got noticeably annoyed but still signed all their stuff, then they walked off and said it was a ripoff because he didn't answer his questions. Those 3 guys definitely have twitter accounts and a lotta opinions to share with the world, no doubt about it.

On the other hand I also witnessed a guy ask Tom Felton to read his fanfiction full of hardcore sex, critique it, and then work with him on trying to sell it to a major publisher. He was 100% serious (I think) but at least when Felton told him he couldn't do it, the guy was just kinda like "oh, okay, thanks anyway" instead of getting angry.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

They realized that saying the Bucks were behind it all meant they are better workers than CM Punk so they have switched gears to Megha out working him.

No it's just them making her a scapegoat because she's a woman and they are misogynists

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Guillermus posted:

I always thought that wrestling and sports fans were crazy but since I read this thread (fortunately I've been oblivious to the IWC my entire life until SA threads like this), now I think wrestling fans are truly the weirdest, crazier and insane of anything so far.

It's really just a minority of fans that are this stupid. I'm actually quite amazed at how wrestling fans in general have matured a certain degree in the last 25 years. Just look at the positive reaction that Anthony Bowens got when he told Harley Cameron that he's gay

I went to a live indie show this past Friday and I didn't see or hear any weird poo poo from people. Since I'm in Chicago there were a lot of people talking about Punk (this was the day before he was fired) but nobody was spouting deranged nonsense and being weird like the stuff posted itt

The people that actually believe all the poo poo Punk and Cornette say are just a loud minority on the internet where they don't have to deal with any meaningful pushback

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now if it was me I'd think that defaming the fully trained and qualified corporate lawyer wouldn't be the smartest thing to do but then perhaps I just don't know how to defend myself against a defamation lawsuit

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s not defamation when it’s true, duh

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Vandar posted:

Apparently this was started by Jim Cornette because surprising nobody he's found a way to blame everything on the nearest woman.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Vandar posted:

THE POLITICAL HIT

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do appreciate that the conspiracy has been forced to acknowledge that yes, Punk is a little temperamental, so really the problem is everyone filling up his anger gauge like it's a video game

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Gotta hand it to Rovert here https://twitter.com/sodutw/status/1699105078538359209?s=46&t=E8CbcSPJEzHi2M71PAt_jA

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 5, 2023

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do appreciate that the conspiracy has been forced to acknowledge that yes, Punk is a little temperamental, so really the problem is everyone filling up his anger gauge like it's a video game

You see, if my wife had simply stayed in the kitchen like I told her to then I wouldn’t have shoved her down the stairs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/gasprofaci/status/1698800167317598263

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I know this is a totally tangential to both your post and the point of the article, but since you posted it, I clicked through and read it, and Bully Ray saying "When Rodman left, the team got worse. When he left Chicago, they got worse." is so funny because I cannot think of a single example in all of sports that would be worse than that one lol (Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman left the Bulls in the same offseason! it was famously the end of the Bulls dynasty! they did not simply get worse because Dennis Rodman left!)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Feels like the Punk reactions only get worse now that a woman to blame has been identified.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
wastin' away again in Megharitaville
posting with the new pepsi man cult
some people claim that there's a woman to blame
but i know, it's Dave Meltzer's fault

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 5, 2023

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

You do not, in fact, have to hand it to rovert

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Punk has a Cobra tattoo
One of his signatures is a Macho Man elbow drop
Jake Roberts once had a cobra bite Macho Man
Roberts manages Lance Archer
One of Punk's logos is a fistful of arrows
Arrows are fired by archers

Can't believe Jake and Archer have been bullying Punk this whole time

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gotta hand it to Rovert

No

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

post hole digger posted:

I know this is a totally tangential to both your post and the point of the article, but since you posted it, I clicked through and read it, and Bully Ray saying "When Rodman left, the team got worse. When he left Chicago, they got worse." is so funny because I cannot think of a single example in all of sports that would be worse than that one lol (Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman left the Bulls in the same offseason! it was famously the end of the Bulls dynasty! they did not simply get worse because Dennis Rodman left!)

You can't prove it wasn't Rodman. Maybe losing the greatest basketballs man that has ever lived would've made the team stronger if Rodman had stayed.

This is sarcasm

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Kenny and the Bucks being immature dorks on BTE? Well I never!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bonk posted:

Punk has a Cobra tattoo
One of his signatures is a Macho Man elbow drop
Jake Roberts once had a cobra bite Macho Man
Roberts manages Lance Archer
One of Punk's logos is a fistful of arrows
Arrows are fired by archers

Can't believe Jake and Archer have been bullying Punk this whole time

Ok but how does Damien Priest fit into this? :thunkher:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's really just a minority of fans that are this stupid. I'm actually quite amazed at how wrestling fans in general have matured a certain degree in the last 25 years. Just look at the positive reaction that Anthony Bowens got when he told Harley Cameron that he's gay

What a wonderful moment that was. Wrestling fans are huge weirdos but that exists in every sports fandom and honestly a lot of them are worse. If a football player had said what Bowens did, those fans would have thrown batteries at him.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

TinTower posted:

Kenny and the Bucks being immature dorks on BTE? Well I never!

Also, it was Kenny's little tribute to Terry Funk they are complaining about.

Nothing to do with Punk.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Guillermus posted:

You should read the F1 thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

wicka posted:

Or look into the history of professional soccer. Or football as we call it in America. Eagles fans are nuts.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

post hole digger posted:

It wasn't just Rodman (and Jordan), the GM also fired Phil Jackson and traded away Scottie Pippen, Steve Kerr, and other folks. They basically dismantled the team because the office was tired of Phil Jackson and decided the team was 'getting too old'. Rodman for his part sort of bounced around not being very good for the remainder of his career, which may in fact be a good metaphor for Punk, and also a good metaphor for AEW in the event that they decide to fire Tony Khan, MJF, Kenny Omega, etc. in the off-season.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Vick_8122/status/1699174850701513133?t=DAX0YKWm2dU0Do4-Iqcm_w&s=19

I'm going to own Bryan Alvarez by showing a thirty second clip of him doing better sports entertainment in those seconds than Austin Theory has done in his entire career.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
things are getting worse out there

https://twitter.com/MandoFett222/status/1699339084961882451
https://twitter.com/LimitedUser215/status/1699313198200144036
https://twitter.com/LimitedUser215/status/1699313549619929492

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

wicka posted:

Under no circumstances should anyone in their right mind do such a thing.