Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Snazzy Frocks posted:

October 9th is a blowout week for me

Same, skipping LadyD and SilSam now has me eatin' that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

uXs posted:

... and my game now refuses to start.

Splash screen, but then it quits.

Reinstall, restart, complete uninstall and remove all files I can find after reinstall, nothing works.

"I found the player.log file and it says:

Loading player data from I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/MARVEL SNAP/SNAP_Data/data.unity3d
Initialize engine version: 2021.3.19f1 (c9714fde33b6)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/MARVEL SNAP/SNAP_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1; jobified=0
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (ID=0x2206)
Vendor: NVIDIA
VRAM: 10067 MB
Driver: 31.0.15.3713
<RI> Initializing input.

New input system (experimental) initialized
Using XInput
<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.760300 ms
Crash!!!"

It seems very happy about the crash.

Any ideas?

Something's wrong with your 3080 so you should send it to me.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

wyoak posted:

Oof I almost bought Ham from the token shop last night, glad I didn’t, that thing seems dead now

Which is some ways is a bummer, beating someone with a Pig is one of my favorite things

It's not a pig nerf, it's an Agatha buff [sickos-yes.jpg]

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
How did they modify the terms of service? Am I agreeing to send all my devices sensitive data to the dark web?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Quetzadilla posted:

Something's wrong with your 3080 so you should send it to me.

Not a bad idea, I kinda wanted a 4080 anyway.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Nikumatic posted:

SPOTLIGHT SCHEDULE
October 2nd: Thanos, X-23, Echo
October 9th: Man-Thing, Silver Samurai, Lady Deathstrike
October 16th: Black Knight, Stature, MODOK
October 23rd: Nico Minoru, Kitty Pryde, Phoenix Force
October 30th: Werewolf by Night, Silk, Ghost Spider
November 6th: Alioth, Knull, Negasonic Teenage Warhead
November 13th: Gladiator, Mirage, Loki
November 20th: Annihilus, Daken, X-23
November 26th: Martyr, Jean Grey, Spider-Man 2099

Plan accordingly!

Lol pretty much all of those are "want one, don't need the rest" so I expect to be very annoyed at my bad luck

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man I hope at least a few of those are series 4 cause otherwise yeah the weeks where I own a couple of the cards already are gonna be real dicey.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Also Knull gets his 3rd Spotlight and Legion is MIA until at least December

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

thebardyspoon posted:

Man I hope at least a few of those are series 4 cause otherwise yeah the weeks where I own a couple of the cards already are gonna be real dicey.

Only martyr from November and Selene from December are currently slated to be s4

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hobo Clown posted:

Yes, also no Stegron, Howard, or Living Tribunal

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

uXs posted:

Not a bad idea, I kinda wanted a 4080 anyway.

My poor beleaguered decade-old 660ti:

e: also me after getting the ghost spider variant instead of Jeff with my 1 measly cache

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Nikumatic posted:

SPOTLIGHT SCHEDULE
October 2nd: Thanos, X-23, Echo
October 9th: Man-Thing, Silver Samurai, Lady Deathstrike
October 16th: Black Knight, Stature, MODOK
October 23rd: Nico Minoru, Kitty Pryde, Phoenix Force
October 30th: Werewolf by Night, Silk, Ghost Spider
November 6th: Alioth, Knull, Negasonic Teenage Warhead
November 13th: Gladiator, Mirage, Loki
November 20th: Annihilus, Daken, X-23
November 26th: Martyr, Jean Grey, Spider-Man 2099

Plan accordingly!

Is this new where they're changing it once per week? The last cashe was the same all month?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, also no Stegron, Howard, or Living Tribunal

New cards, need those. Rest of them, got lucky with my caches and token hoarding. No Tribunal sucks

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Hobo Clown posted:

And we get Loki in caches before Daken

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Concurred posted:

New cards, need those. Rest of them, got lucky with my caches and token hoarding. No Tribunal sucks
Tribunal is still a Series 5 which blows. I would pay the 3000 for him. But they buffed him after he was available in spotlights so I don’t have him currently

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

obi_ant posted:

Is this new where they're changing it once per week? The last cashe was the same all month?

the spotlight caches have always been rotating every week since they implemented the system. i think you're thinking of the season pass?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Anyone else getting an error trying to buy the season pass?

I've updated the app and quit and reopened it but each time it says error.

Maybe I'll try from the PC client, but I've got Google play rewards I was going to put them towards the cost.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Anyone else getting an error trying to buy the season pass?

I've updated the app and quit and reopened it but each time it says error.

Maybe I'll try from the PC client, but I've got Google play rewards I was going to put them towards the cost.

Same has been happening to me, and I'd also like to use my Google Play rewards towards the season pass.

Figured I'd wait until later today to see if the issue resolves.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Protip posted:

Same has been happening to me, and I'd also like to use my Google Play rewards towards the season pass.

Figured I'd wait until later today to see if the issue resolves.

PSA that the 100 play points for $2 marvel snap coupon is back after being gone for a while.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They released the notes. As well as what was discussed already minor nerf to Absorbing man, 5 power to 4, and minor buff to Blade where he now discards the rightmost card in your hand instead of it being random, so he's more useful in a Hela deck now

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
What’s a good anti-Loki deck for now? Always fun to play decks that counter the season pass card for a few days

HE Lockjaw seems pretty good, Loki doesn’t get HE buffs and Lockjaw hopefully lets you get stuff out ahead of curve so maybe neuters the Loki reduction advantage

Negative probably, but it’s kind of a frustrating deck to play since you just whiff your draw so much

I was playing a fun zoo lockdown type deck but that thing gets annihilated by Loki so that’ll be going on the shelf for a few weeks

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

wyoak posted:

HE Lockjaw seems pretty good, Loki doesn’t get HE buffs and Lockjaw hopefully lets you get stuff out ahead of curve so maybe neuters the Loki reduction advantage

Are you assuming this or did you test it? I'd be very surprised if this is actually the case since every other method of copying your opponents HE cards retains their evolved form (white queen, morph, that one location, I assume mirage does too). If Loki doesn't I'd expect that to be a bug rather than the intended interaction.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wyoak posted:

What’s a good anti-Loki deck for now? Always fun to play decks that counter the season pass card for a few days

Negative probably, but it’s kind of a frustrating deck to play since you just whiff your draw so much

I was playing a fun zoo lockdown type deck but that thing gets annihilated by Loki so that’ll be going on the shelf for a few weeks

Cerebro decks are good for this kind of thing. By the time they get your deck they'll likely already have screwed themselves over and your big cards are a couple of 0 power ones that wind up buffing a single card on their end

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

Are you assuming this or did you test it? I'd be very surprised if this is actually the case since every other method of copying your opponents HE cards retains their evolved form (white queen, morph, that one location, I assume mirage does too). If Loki doesn't I'd expect that to be a bug rather than the intended interaction.

I can confirm that the cards my opponent’s Loki got from my High Evo deck were not evolved. But with Quinjet and Loki’s discounts they played a regular Hulk, Cyclops, and Wasp on turn 6.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Quetzadilla posted:

I have been using Loki a bunch since he dropped and I can confirm you do NOT get the High Evo bonuses. I believe it is because Loki replaces your cards with cards from "your opponent's starting deck", which is before any bonuses are applied. However, I do not know if this excludes the Infinity Stones as well.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

wyoak posted:

Any Cerebro number under 5. :v:

E:f;b

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Hm yeah if it doesn't, Thanos decks are probably good vs Loki
esp Thanos/Loki decks lol

I've never played Cerebro, i'll give it a shot!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Maybe people know this because she has been out a while, just not getting much use, but Snowguard Bear does NOT re-trigger the Raft to get you another 6 cost card.

I won it first, and had Nightcrawler. Moved him off and out Bear down... But no second free 6 cost card.

Boooo! It should work like that, IMO.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Quetzadilla posted:

PSA that the 100 play points for $2 marvel snap coupon is back after being gone for a while.

Have you ever been able to use a coupon and survey rewards credit in the same transaction? I feel like I tried that before, and it wouldn't let me combine the play points coupon with using opinion rewards credit in the same transaction.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

King of the Cosmos posted:

I have been using Loki a bunch since he dropped and I can confirm you do NOT get the High Evo bonuses. I believe it is because Loki replaces your cards with cards from "your opponent's starting deck", which is before any bonuses are applied. However, I do not know if this excludes the Infinity Stones as well.

It does, or at least the game I played against Thanos I got no Stones. Safe to assume that Loki will only give you plain copies of the 12 cards on your opponent's deck list.

By the by, nobody realised that Negasonic appearing in a Spotlight in November means there's almost certainly not going to be a series drop before December or January?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

King of the Cosmos posted:

Hm okay I guess this extremely technical reading of the language makes sense and may even be intended. That sucks rear end though.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Maybe people know this because she has been out a while, just not getting much use, but Snowguard Bear does NOT re-trigger the Raft to get you another 6 cost card.

I won it first, and had Nightcrawler. Moved him off and out Bear down... But no second free 6 cost card.

Boooo! It should work like that, IMO.

Yeah imo this is part of the reason bear is so bad. The conditions under which it actually triggers a locations ability are whittled down really far from where you'd think it would work, and what you're left with is usually deteimental more often than not. I pulled snow guard from a normal cache ages ago before the spotlight change and tried loving around with it for a long time but the way it interacted with locations was just so loving bad in almost all cases. Just zero value offered by that card even if you hit a location you'd WANT to ignore or trigger again.

Protip posted:

Have you ever been able to use a coupon and survey rewards credit in the same transaction? I feel like I tried that before, and it wouldn't let me combine the play points coupon with using opinion rewards credit in the same transaction.

Oh sorry I don't do the surveys so I have no idea how that works. If it's a cash-credit then yeah you might not be able to stack them. I thought the points-coupon just applied to the next purchase you made so maybe you could stack them if the survey $ credit is less than the total final purchase price?

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 5, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Does Snowguard trigger Collector now? Is there a list of locations that Snowguard’s abilities work on?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Re: Loki's copies

HE and Thanos do things at the start of the game to the starting deck so you are drawing from the deck that exists prior to them doing the things

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Quetzadilla posted:

Oh sorry I don't do the surveys so I have no idea how that works. If it's a cash-credit then yeah you might not be able to stack them. I thought the points-coupon just applied to the next purchase you made so maybe you could stack them if the survey $ credit is less than the total final purchase price?

No worries! I wasn't sure if there was something I missed about stacking the coupon and using rewards credit. Appreciate the reminder for the coupon too though, just redeemed it so I can use it in a future season (nice that you have a year) in case it goes away again. Confirmed it doesn't let you use both at the same time.

Unfortunately trying to purchase the season pass is still failing. Seems like the patch must have messed something up with Google Play transactions.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Specifically Thanos and Evo state that they do their things "at the start of the game", so if you draw Thanos on turn 4 he wouldn't give you stones, but it's "at the start of the game" not "when this enters your hand"

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How does Loki work with like a Sunspot or Deadpool? Are you getting them at the power they were at the start of the game, or the power they are when you play Loki?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

Does Snowguard trigger Collector now? Is there a list of locations that Snowguard’s abilities work on?

This is a list of zones that do a single action independent of turn - 23 (maybe only 18) of 114 released zones

Camp Lehigh
Central Park
Collapsed mine
Daily bugle
District x
Hell's kitchen
Lamentis-1 (would do nothing in most cases)
Lamuria (maybe?)
Monster Island
Nova roma
Olympia
Project Pegasus (says 'this turn' so maybe?)
Savage Land
Shadowland
Sokovia
Subterrania
The hub
The ice box
The peak
The triskelion
Tinkerer's workshop (see project Pegasus)
Wakandan embassy
Worldship (would do nothing)

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 5, 2023

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

It's not a pig nerf, it's an Agatha buff [sickos-yes.jpg]

Hmm spider ham definitely just hit the 3rd card in my hand and not Agatha. This is baloney!! Stupid patching system.

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 5, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So this is interesting. Someone just Daken into Blade to get a guaranteed shard discard. Interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I thought the patch notes said they cleaned up/streamlined the conquest win screens? I just won proving ground and had the same number.