Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

naem posted:

what are the energy beings all doing

is it like a euphoria and choir music and then buzzing and then, you’re squished into the energy dimension with all your former enemy aliens and you’re all like ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

no wonder Q was so listless and cynical

Ask the koala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

what are the energy beings all doing

is it like a euphoria and choir music and then buzzing and then, you’re squished into the energy dimension with all your former enemy aliens and you’re all like ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

no wonder Q was so listless and cynical

This reminds me of the 64th Rule of Acquisition.

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

Der Kyhe posted:

Laughing at the meat sacks, corporeal demi-god-beings and making prank calls to still-existing Borg Queens, mostly.

love the idea of the Q Continuum just being omnipotent Posters

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Outpost22 posted:

Sorry TOS is not cannon. :(

Excuse me

TOS is the MOST cannon

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Georgi should have just owned it. He was trying to solve a problem, spending a lot of time with the holo character and got attached, carried away and did some unseemly things. He could have apologized right then and there to Leah when she walked in.

but then it wouldn't be her fault for getting mad and she wouldn't have to apologize at the end of the episode.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Brahams walking in on her virtual self saying when you touch the warp core you touch me was pretty damning. Geordi swore that it was innocent , not what it looks like etc, but there's just no way her holoself says that unless she joked around like that in real life like Mariner or something so the simulation added it to her character based on the data it had (and we saw real her and she didn't act like that and was married to boot). Bottom line, Geordi must have tweaked the program. Pretty messed up and he lied on top of it.

It based the hologram personality off her appearances at conferences and everybody gets drunk off their rear end at those things

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

It based the hologram personality off her appearances at conferences and everybody gets drunk off their rear end at those things

Yeah but drunk touching?? Leah Brahms was an accomplished woman.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
riker went through the exact same thing but no one thought it was weird because there was no real minuet to offend.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
and well, if geordi and riker were both caught balls deep in the same giant amoeba alien at the same time the rest of the cast would immediately ask "geordi, how could you?"

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Barclay got caught a program where he was having orgies with the entire female command staff and everyone treated it more like he was playing too much WoW than a weird sex thing.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Incremus posted:

Old internet stuff like this here dead gay comedy forum feels a bit like the Q Continuum episode of Voyager sometimes.

naem
May 29, 2011

Incremus posted:

In the Q you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. ... Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm Just Qing

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Incremus posted:

Q
Stardate 43539.1 - Requested by Q - Approved by Q

Punishment Reason: Spreading chaos throughout the galaxy

User loses Q-privileges for 3 days

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

galagazombie posted:

Barclay got caught a program where he was having orgies with the entire female command staff and everyone treated it more like he was playing too much WoW than a weird sex thing.

I'm not sure if it was orgies. I think he was just banging away one at a time while the rest of the senior staff watched.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

galagazombie posted:

Sounds like a perfectly normal sex thing to me

naem
May 29, 2011

barclay was only seen as weird for not doing it irl

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Any romantic interest in Starfleet is polite and chaste, at least at first, because both parties have done some absolutely disgusting sexual acts with the other's holographic stand-in already, and you're desperately hoping that nice Lieutenant-Commander doesn't learn you've blasted a load on their face in a Vulcan sex dungeon and called them a good girl.

While she's trying not to let it show she's done things she's not proud of with a strap-on and a lexicon of klingon cursewords and insults in her holodeck time...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Still laughing about the DS9 card Odo's First Intimacy exists

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im 20-something picard's age 55+ date from 'tapestry'

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

GolfHole posted:

im 20-something picard's age 55+ date from 'tapestry'

drat I hope someone calls me handsome in my elder years

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
LOL at Jadzia and Kira gossiping about Odo getting his gently caress on and Sisko being told and saying "That's nice"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

someone count the number of times sisko says something to the effect of "shouldnt you be working right now" theres more than a handful for sure

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

GolfHole posted:

someone count the number of times sisko says something to the effect of "shouldnt you be working right now" theres more than a handful for sure

I feel this belongs in that category

https://youtu.be/nZlBETlT1yo?si=TB4bK3J_fdG28SOY

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i just rewatched the q vs sisko "war on terok nor" and q throws 5 rights in a row, it's no wonder he got popped

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

LOL at Jadzia and Kira gossiping about Odo getting his gently caress on and Sisko being told and saying "That's nice"

lol I can see the wistful grin on his face.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gene Roddenberry rolling over in his sex grave

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

naem posted:

yeah the reason the enterprise crew isn't constantly using the holodeck for sex is because they already get all the rear end they want from each other

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the arboretum is where you go if you're looking to gently caress

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm just here for my Botany project.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

O'brien throwing slurs left and right early on.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Are all starfleet taught the two handed shirt adjustment when they get given the uniform?

https://youtu.be/mgPy2kU9nEk?si=aDpRhNkyLBfR0ljy

Regular Wario fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 6, 2023

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

naem posted:

Yeah I find it far more hilarious that Barclay's scandalous fantasy life is running the Three Musketeers with the senior staff in the main roles and turning the difficulty down to magazine reviewer. It's gotta be the most anodyne, inoffensive thing he could possibly be doing with real people's images but Riker and Troi are just incensed, lmao.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Replicators were The Borg done right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

redshirt posted:

The Replicators were The Borg done right.

Taking them out in Stargate Atlantis is one of the franchise peaks :allears:.

Couldn't turn off their innate connection to other replicator blocks, so Rodney turned it waaaay up...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mirror Kira

naem
May 29, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Yeah I find it far more hilarious that Barclay's scandalous fantasy life is running the Three Musketeers with the senior staff in the main roles and turning the difficulty down to magazine reviewer. It's gotta be the most anodyne, inoffensive thing he could possibly be doing with real people's images but Riker and Troi are just incensed, lmao.

Riker and Troi are canonically in an open relationship and have a history of dressing up like historic figures, probably just upset they weren’t invited

also, how common would it be to have real people sneak into the holodeck and pretend to be holo-people? that’s probably a thing

speculation like this is what defines sci-fi as a genre

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

Riker and Troi are canonically in an open relationship and have a history of dressing up like historic figures, probably just upset they weren’t invited

also, how common would it be to have real people sneak into the holodeck and pretend to be holo-people? that’s probably a thing

speculation like this is what defines sci-fi as a genre

Do you think Quark promised not to analyze people's holosuite visits?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Oh sure when Barclay has hologram characters based on real people it's weird, but when 7, the Doctor and Tuvok do it it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s because Barclay is weird. It’s like how doing a sexual harassment when you’re hot (Riker) is ok