Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sash! posted:

I recently saw an $11,000 pen. It looked like a normal pen. I was very confused.

They also had some less expensive, but ugly as hell expensive pens. Maybe there's some sort of bell curve at work.

much like a catering budget sometimes the costs are kept quiet and sometimes they're very loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If you're not an established luxury brand the only way you're going to justify your price tag is by going flashy and gaudy as gently caress. Welcome to the first year of university marketing.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I think it's more that many fans of motorsports and expensive watches have very bad taste.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

marshalljim posted:

I think it's more that many fans of motorsports and expensive watches have very bad taste.

I think it's just this thread

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I wear a gshock (ghibli museum edition). I live a life of luxury

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

I wear a gshock (ghibli museum edition). I live a life of luxury

Are you a 13 year old girl?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

Are you a 13 year old girl?

That watch is cool.

There is no way for you to make your post look good.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

there's only one watch for me

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I maintain the w86 is a better watch just for the backlight

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that did feel very futuristic at the time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I used to like collecting Swatches,

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

hope you like being on a terrorist watchlist now

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I have this one for the usual stuff and a clear one for when I need to dress up like for a nice restaurant or event.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Serious question. Why does it take them so long to do this?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SocksAndSandals posted:

Bookkeeping tends to close off everything in ~March, so with all the tricks and creative accounting that is no doubt involved 6months is a pretty alright turnover.
They have to check the papers of 10 teams, that employed all sorts of rebates, tax breaks, write-offs and subsidies. While most teams are based in the UK there is a ton international paperwork as well. A British Employee working in say The Netherlands can have a different employment costs (wage+pension+insurance+etc) than one working in say Spain.
Even assuming good intent from all parties there is a lot of paperwork to go over and double/triple check.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

I'm just now getting preliminary "can you give us some broad documents and numbers" questions from our company's external auditors for last year end, this is pretty much par for the course.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
w800h fan here

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

hope you like being on a terrorist watchlist now

:dadjoke:

And yeah, no surprise proper auditing takes time. Especially if there are questions.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Sash! posted:

I recently saw an $11,000 pen. It looked like a normal pen. I was very confused.

They also had some less expensive, but ugly as hell expensive pens. Maybe there's some sort of bell curve at work.

There's a really good bit in this where they break out the expensive pens to sign the contract -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zii7eb7c9w

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

net work error posted:

I have this one for the usual stuff and a clear one for when I need to dress up like for a nice restaurant or event.

Same but for being a ravaging pitmonster at metalconcerts and festivals in which there is no place for smartphones

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

I have an A158W, a variant of this.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

shat vercrappen

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thanks Ants posted:

shat vercrappen

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoPw0YGhf6E

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Do companies make normal loving headphones anymore or is that just not a thing because people are moronic and I'm stuck with those stupid silicon bud things?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

You mean cans or in ear ones? I've found in ear ones without silicon buds but I don't know on quality since the buds don't bother me

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ilmucche posted:

You mean cans or in ear ones? I've found in ear ones without silicon buds but I don't know on quality since the buds don't bother me

Which in-ear ones don't have buds? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I've only seen either over-ear headphones, ear buds, or like the in ear monitor type things that musicians use.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hey, you listen 'ere bud!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Kvlt! posted:

Which in-ear ones don't have buds? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I've only seen either over-ear headphones, ear buds, or like the in ear monitor type things that musicians use.

I was thinking the silicon tipped buds, it seemed like that was what quid was talking about

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I was thinking the silicon tipped buds, it seemed like that was what quid was talking about

Ah okay that makes sense! That's what I was thinking about too. I'm just not up to date and forgot that modern earbuds don't have the silicon tips.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

in ear ones. I got the Sony wireless over ear cans I'm very happy with.

you can get really loving cheap in ear ones without the silicon tips but they're tinny as poo poo and I wouldn't mind spending like $30 or something for ones that are passable. your only option is the apple ones and I don't need a mic. Maybe I'm just an overly picky rear end in a top hat

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

you can get really loving cheap in ear ones without the silicon tips but they're tinny as poo poo and I wouldn't mind spending like $30 or something for ones that are passable. your only option is the apple ones and I don't need a mic. Maybe I'm just an overly picky rear end in a top hat

I asked this question years ago and was told to get the Yuin PK3, which I thought sounded super nice, but it doesn't seem like anyone sells them anymore. Apparently these are their spiritual successor in that regard but I know nothing else about them: https://a.co/d/cMajybf

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

At $10 I'm willing to gamble. right on

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

another banger by our boy

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

tony quidtana posted:

Almost everything KZ makes is of decent, if not good* quality

* it depends on what your standards are and how much of an audiophile shithead you are.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Billy Monger is going to win more races than Ferrari this year

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/mediapacks/celebrity-race-across-the-world-meet-the-teams

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

people are moronic and I'm stuck with those stupid silicon bud things?
People are smarter than you on this - as in most things - and the much better design is now the staple.
"in ear" headphones are notoriously awful in all regards, but perhaps chiefly is that they're the one design most likely to wreck your hearing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

this might be hard for your goon wired brain to process but you don't have to min-max every loving purchasing decision you make in your life and you can just get something because you personally have a preference for it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 8, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

tony quidtana posted:

My Brother in Christ

any time i see someone type this i just assume they are a ginormous loser. just use the n word coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wasn't even aware it was a replacement for that, my bad lol