Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
now all tight ends suck again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Everyone knows 34 years is when the knees give out, duh.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I haven't had a 1st round pick get injured in awhile, guess I was due. Hope it's nothing serious.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lmao just drafted him for the first time ever 2 hours ago. Extremely cool.

Lol. I think I’ve had him once across all my leagues. Grabbed him in multiple places this year, so of course this happens

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, hyperextension is easily the best knee injury to have as long as nothing is torn

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I went full win-now in a dynasty startup with Mahomes at 1.2 & Kelce at 2.11, so I cannot wait for the news that it is a career ending knee hyperextension.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

We hear it every year folks: Don't draft Tight Ends!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
well I was going to ask if an offer to trade my Mandrews was worth considering, but I think the price just went up.

But seriously, are either of these offers worth considering if I'm seeking a QB upgrade? Right now I'm starting Tua and stashing Pickett. The Mark Andrews one is probably a no-go, but I'm mildly considering the A.J. Brown one.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Those are both awful

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I wouldn't do either of those.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vargo posted:

well I was going to ask if an offer to trade my Mandrews was worth considering, but I think the price just went up.

But seriously, are either of these offers worth considering if I'm seeking a QB upgrade? Right now I'm starting Tua and stashing Pickett. The Mark Andrews one is probably a no-go, but I'm mildly considering the A.J. Brown one.

insulting

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I’d search for a “don’t draft a TE2 if you have a top-3 tight end” style post but I’m phone posting and :effort:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kelce nooooooooo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Vargo posted:

Both suck but the second one is less bad if that helps. While Herbert is potentially a huge upgrade, you'll end up with Tua as a back up. Which is basically like having two starters, imo. So that's also somethign to consider..

The second one is REALLY bad if this is ppr tho

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I too took Kelce in one of my drafts over the weekend, rip. Luv 2 start *checks waivers* Cade Otten?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Everyone knows 34 years is when the knees give out, duh.

I guarantee some dipshits are victory lapping “TOLD YOU HE WAS OLD AND WASHED” on Twitter right now lol. After posting the same thing the last 3 years and being so wrong it opened a black hole

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well I'm hosed

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

I too took Kelce in one of my drafts over the weekend, rip. Luv 2 start *checks waivers* Cade Otten?

I guarantee some dipshits are victory lapping “TOLD YOU HE WAS OLD AND WASHED” on Twitter right now lol. After posting the same thing the last 3 years and being so wrong it opened a black hole

I'm 100% victory lapping right now, even though I think he'll play week one and this will all be a blip. I still think drafting Kelce before 1.09 was fantasy Twitter overreacting to last year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

I’d search for a “don’t draft a TE2 if you have a top-3 tight end” style post but I’m phone posting and :effort:

If your first round pick gets hurt you’re kinda hosed anyway

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

RCarr posted:

If your first round pick gets hurt you’re kinda hosed anyway

That's probably the more accurate way to say it.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I don't see how kelce getting hurt has anything to do with drafting him too high

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I don't think he would've gotten hurt if there wasn't so much pressure on him to perform

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I pointed out Kelce‘s injury in the league where I have him and someone offered me Davante Adams straight up for him. Juwan Johnson, and Sam Laporta are still on waivers.

Do I slam this?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I’ll usually grab someone in like the 12th that might escape the TE Gray Goo scenario but :laffo: at taking one before that

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

I pointed out Kelce‘s injury in the league where I have him and someone offered me Davante Adams straight up for him. Juwan Johnson, and Sam Laporta are still on waivers.

Do I slam this?
Sure, go ahead and trade your first rounder because he is questionable for week 1.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Whoreson Welles posted:

Do I slam this?

As someone that drafted Kelce 5 hours ago, I wouldn't, personally. Likeliest scenario here is probably a couple weeks? Unless there's damage to the knee which is obviously possible. I'm gonna take my chances (and trust that I can survive a short term injury) and ride with the guy that I wanted in the first round.

At the very least if you're worried and looking to move Kelce I'd try to get your trade partner's current TE back in the deal as well, rather than grabbing a guy off the wire.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Do I slam this?

No. He'll come back after a few weeks.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

mega dy posted:

Sure, go ahead and trade your first rounder because he is questionable for week 1.

Fair point, knee stuff just freaks me out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

Do I slam this?

Travis Kelce value on my Football Absurdity sheet: 76

Davante Adams' value: 22

maybe wait five minutes for the MRI results

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kiimo posted:

maybe wait five minutes for the MRI results

Breaking news: he has died of knee hurt. Source: idk Pat Mahomes' wife's instagram probably

(this is a joke post please don't freak out)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1699162105457312228?s=61&t=QHldLbelq1JdPhn3NHJAOg

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

I mean yeah.

But on the other hand "don't take a 34 year old skill player with your 1st pick" is pretty safe advice.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Drafting today where would you take Kelce if you wanted him early? Asking for a uh friend.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Drafting today where would you take Kelce if you wanted him early? Asking for a uh friend.

No idea, I have a 1 PPR draft tonight too. Hopefully I get a top 3 pick so I don't have to decide. People with a pick from about 1.7 to 2.3 have a very tough call.

Nov 6, 2002

3rd round.

But then I wouldn't have drafted him to begin with.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

What site allows you to trade FAAB? That sounds kind of cool actually.
Yeah, it’s Sleeper. I actually didn’t know you could until the trade offer came through, and I set up the league :v:

God I’m so glad we got the votes to move both leagues I’m in over to Sleeper, I really do not like ESPN.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lmao just drafted him for the first time ever 2 hours ago. Extremely cool.

Me last year, after years of getting sniped on Keenan Allen right before I was going to pick him and being super amped to finally get him

:negative:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

3rd round.

But then I wouldn't have drafted him to begin with.

I hope the people in my last draft agree with you and I'll get a likely league winning bargain lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a draft tonight and Kelce is so overwhelmingly the #1 guy with our settings that it's gross.

I pick 5 and I'm going to laugh and laugh if he falls to me

76 Kelce
57 Jefferson

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I have an auction tomorrow night and I'm going to try to get Kelce at a discount. I still feel fine about him.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1699171763186209012

My ACL is intact T-shirt is getting me a lot of questions answered by my shirt 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

34 year old believes his ACL is intact.

I'm sure this will not come up again this season.