Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Abyss would be a lot more fun if the Destiny 2 engine could handle more than 7? light sources at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Obviously they should bring back Don’t Touch Me so we can spend ten minutes waiting for a hunter to solo it again

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arc Souls trivialize Abyss, both by killing Thralls and by providing huge light sources.

Also Abyss is extremely cheesable if your team has a bunch of Eager Edge swords.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Crota is a good raid and the enemy health outside of challenge mode felt correct.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

Arc Souls trivialize Abyss, both by killing Thralls and by providing huge light sources.

Also Abyss is extremely cheesable if your team has a bunch of Eager Edge swords.

iunno, I was playing an arc warlock and walked directly into several pits before I cranked the brightness lol. Maybe much like DSC's opener it might get a little better once people get a hang of the route. Just feels like it's gonna be one of those rough ones to bring new players through.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/TuISukN.gifv

Let that be a lesson to you, Crota

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I murdered crota today. Stabbed him with a sword.

Felt good to be back on Oversoul duty lmao

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Having a raid exotic quest you're making incremental progress on feels less annoying than the eternal low-probability RNG grind.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Having a raid exotic quest you're making incremental progress on feels less annoying than the eternal low-probability RNG grind.

Yeah, it's very good. Playing the raid 10 times vs. playing the raid between 1 and 50 times is a huge improvement.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Plus you're going to be doing the raid anyways for patterns and poo poo, might as well make progress on those while you're making progress on a thing.

I just wish the Quest splash page didn't take up half of my drat screen with "HEY YOU SHOULD DO THIS EXOTIC QUEST" because it's a cool gun and all but I'm never going to use it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

Plus you're going to be doing the raid anyways for patterns and poo poo, might as well make progress on those while you're making progress on a thing.

I just wish the Quest splash page didn't take up half of my drat screen with "HEY YOU SHOULD DO THIS EXOTIC QUEST" because it's a cool gun and all but I'm never going to use it.

It's an auto rifle with essentially desperato. It owns owns owns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The big splashes on the quest page need.some customization. I don't need the "go do some weirdly shortened versions of campaign missions that are mostly still in the game" thing taking up half the quest screen.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Kith posted:

I had an entire run of CE scuttled by a guy continually trying to eager edge the whole thing and ignore the lanterns, only placing the Chalice at the savepoints.

One of us would invariably lock onto a thrall climbing out of a pit, or a cursed thrall, or get the timing wrong and get hammered by a pendulum. After about 5 or 6 runs, he still kept insisting it was faster than doing it the "slow" way and I bowed out to find another group.

I think Eager Edge is a bad idea for the abyss section, and out of the three runs I did today, it's quickly becoming The Meta :tm: for shitheads that are trying to flex their speedrunning chops while providing nothing of use to the group.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's an auto rifle with essentially desperato. It owns owns owns.

Yeah but we already have a 900 auto rifle at home, and it has explosive rounds.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

MJeff posted:

The big splashes on the quest page need.some customization. I don't need the "go do some weirdly shortened versions of campaign missions that are mostly still in the game" thing taking up half the quest screen.

It's crazy to me that I can't abandon or un-focus the timeline or shadowkeep quest and they take up like the entire screen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I just did the timeline quest since it gives an 1810 Monte Carlo and that saved me one whole enhancement core to upgrade my existing one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hackan Slash posted:

It's crazy to me that I can't abandon or un-focus the timeline or shadowkeep quest and they take up like the entire screen.

It's preposterous. The seasonal quest is getting squashed into the margins and I can't get rid of it. At least it's short.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Majere posted:

Yeah but we already have a 900 auto rifle at home, and it has explosive rounds.

:hmmyes:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The real way to cheese the lanterns is to run an arc subclass so you get the speed boost, which completely ignores darkness stacks. using a sword is either going to lock you onto an exploder or shove someone else into a pit and/or pendulum.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Eager edge BAD, for Cav's exact reasons

Regular sword GOOD since you can simply zip and zoom around, floating from lantern to lantern with 0% chance of pit, and generous 3rd person view to trivialize the pendulums

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hackan Slash posted:

I still got New Light stuff taking half the screen because I ran the campaign out of curiosity but can't be bothered with stupid stuff like play 2 games of rumble

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I don't think it's a stretch to say that those of us who actually beat the original Forsaken campaign should be excused from having the "do that poo poo again" quest taking up half the drat page

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I remember punching my way through a billion thralls in that pit in D1 lol, can't wait to replay the raid

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Got a clear of Crota's End. The bridge encounter is a little goofy with all the chalice juggling you have to do but overall I think this might be the best reprised raid. Ir Yut and Crota are really, really good encounters.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sestze posted:

I had an entire run of CE scuttled by a guy continually trying to eager edge the whole thing and ignore the lanterns, only placing the Chalice at the savepoints.

One of us would invariably lock onto a thrall climbing out of a pit, or a cursed thrall, or get the timing wrong and get hammered by a pendulum. After about 5 or 6 runs, he still kept insisting it was faster than doing it the "slow" way and I bowed out to find another group.

I think Eager Edge is a bad idea for the abyss section, and out of the three runs I did today, it's quickly becoming The Meta :tm: for shitheads that are trying to flex their speedrunning chops while providing nothing of use to the group.

"can be cheesed" doesn't mean "should be cheesed", i should clarify. very rarely does it actually save time, but it's possible if everyone is completely on top of things

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I just had the weirdest Lake of Shadows run, where someone else and I joined in mid-session and started running forward through a few corridors before realizing that uh, this is the lost sector... Backtracked to the start, where the guy we joined on was nearby, and the first resonant splinter was still there, surrounded by spawns. Went through the first part as usual, got to the plaza with the second splinter...and it wasn't there. Kept going forward and found the meatball miniboss already up and down to a third health, and at this point I noticed that the timer was already approaching 30 minutes.

Beat it and from there on the strike went on as usual, but still, wtf? Was it abandoned by other players? The guy we joined on was still back at the start, but I guess there could have been multiple waves of abandonment? But the first splinter section hadn't even been done yet so the wall was still up. And why tf did we spawn down in the lost sector? People used to detour to the lost sector in this strike for bounties, but would that have pulled us into it? And that still wouldn't explain the second stage progression! :psyduck:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe he was running the list sector to generate orbs for the challenge

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Halibut Barn posted:

I just had the weirdest Lake of Shadows run, where someone else and I joined in mid-session and started running forward through a few corridors before realizing that uh, this is the lost sector... Backtracked to the start, where the guy we joined on was nearby, and the first resonant splinter was still there, surrounded by spawns. Went through the first part as usual, got to the plaza with the second splinter...and it wasn't there. Kept going forward and found the meatball miniboss already up and down to a third health, and at this point I noticed that the timer was already approaching 30 minutes.

Beat it and from there on the strike went on as usual, but still, wtf? Was it abandoned by other players? The guy we joined on was still back at the start, but I guess there could have been multiple waves of abandonment? But the first splinter section hadn't even been done yet so the wall was still up. And why tf did we spawn down in the lost sector? People used to detour to the lost sector in this strike for bounties, but would that have pulled us into it? And that still wouldn't explain the second stage progression! :psyduck:

I've had this happen a long time ago. I figure the lost player has no idea what they are doing; joined the strike playlist and proceeded to go off and do absolutely anything else because they don't actually know how to do the strike and don't read what it says on their screen to do.

The original two players probably died and left rather than wait out the res when seeing this. And who know how many other players who joined and realized what was going on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there still "get X kills in a strike" types of bounties? It's that or they were trying to grind out orb creation for the seasonal challenge thingy

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Yeah, but how do you get an already-damaged meatball boss when the first splinter hasn't even started moving and the barrier's still up? Does the first area completely reset after a certain point?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are there still "get X kills in a strike" types of bounties? It's that or they were trying to grind out orb creation for the seasonal challenge thingy

Yes, but they changed them to get partial progress on any kill, so you don’t have to go “aw crap there’s no ______ in this strike” and bail any more

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It would be awesome if Bungie would stop putting lovely modifiers on Altars of Summoning. So far we've had Attrition, Grounded, and now Togetherness. Altars feels like a genuinely fun activity that they insist on constantly ruining with negative modifiers that add nothing to the experience :argh:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
But bungie wants you to have a meaningful experience.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
There's no reason to run Seraph's Shield in the exotic rotator if you already maxed out Revision Zero in Season of the Seraph, right?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Pirate Jet posted:

There's no reason to run Seraph's Shield in the exotic rotator if you already maxed out Revision Zero in Season of the Seraph, right?

if you are missing guns from that season you can get ones to deepsight from the mission.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Plus it’s a cool mission with a cool environment, especially the middle part

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

T1g4h posted:

It would be awesome if Bungie would stop putting lovely modifiers on Altars of Summoning. So far we've had Attrition, Grounded, and now Togetherness. Altars feels like a genuinely fun activity that they insist on constantly ruining with negative modifiers that add nothing to the experience :argh:

I would very much prefer they just ticked up the power level on everything and cut these crummy modifiers out, yeah.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yesssss I finally got the dreaming city dinklebot

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

RBA Starblade posted:

Yesssss I finally got the dreaming city dinklebot

Congrats! Is that your last piece to get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Belial42 posted:

Congrats! Is that your last piece to get?

Yep, just need to clean up in the raid and dungeon now and I'm all set lol. Got all the stuff in the ascendant challenges already so pretty leisurely after that

I only actually care because this is the last cheevo I have to get on Steam - and I've been going toward it since I was on PS4 lmao