Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I've been giggling since this afternoon at the scene in Immortal Thor where he wipes the floor with a bunch of Orchis dopes.

Just the raw bad luck of those guys, who pulled a job within not even a full city block of Thor's semi-regular chess game. Not Daredevil, not Spider-Man; the guy who could pick up the Chrysler Building and beat you to death with it. That guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It is interesting that Ewing seems to be mixing his version of Loki (from the end of Agent of Asgard) with the modern version of Loki (like the one who's in the current solo title) because now the AoA one has both horns on the crown like the current one but still have the missing tooth like the end of AoA/his Defenders version. I wonder if this is just Ewing kind of consolidating the Lokis and it'll never really be addressed again or if we might see two Lokis interact.

Also I think it's nice that Ewing's finally pulling the trigger and using they/them pronouns for Loki because I feel like everyone's been still using he/him even when they've been doing that "gender-flip like every other panel" gimmick for a good while now.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

TwoPair posted:

It is interesting that Ewing seems to be mixing his version of Loki (from the end of Agent of Asgard) with the modern version of Loki (like the one who's in the current solo title) because now the AoA one has both horns on the crown like the current one but still have the missing tooth like the end of AoA/his Defenders version. I wonder if this is just Ewing kind of consolidating the Lokis and it'll never really be addressed again or if we might see two Lokis interact.

Also I think it's nice that Ewing's finally pulling the trigger and using they/them pronouns for Loki because I feel like everyone's been still using he/him even when they've been doing that "gender-flip like every other panel" gimmick for a good while now.

This was confirmed at the end of Defender's Beyond, which filled in the gaps between AoA Loki and the modern Loki that had come afterwords. Current cannon is that they are and always where the same Loki, just presenting differently depending on scheme/story/mood.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in defender's beyond, gender fluid loki had the chance to break away from their own personal continuity and go do their own thing. but they didn't take it, so they instead became main loki. and now loki is again demonstrating those traits.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Godsdamn, Ewing's got me again. Immortal Thor is right up my alley.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

BrianWilly posted:

Godsdamn, Ewing's got me again. Immortal Thor is right up my alley.

I love it when Thor speaks in faux Shakespearian language.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

The first issue of the "pet Avengers" mini was way more melancholic than I was expecting. I hope they manage to find D-Dog a nice forever home at the end of the thing.

yeah I was not ready for that in a silly pet avengers book!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's so dramtic

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Let's be honest, if there wasn't the Disney/Fox divide on non comics media Kamala Khan Ms Marvel would have absolutely been a mutant from day one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

it's so dramtic

Cyclops seeing Jean's favourite ficus plant destroyed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

it's so dramtic

Lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but when did Agatha Harkness become a hot, young woman?

(I'm sure the *reason* is to match her MCU version, but I don't recall it actually happening in the comics.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but when did Agatha Harkness become a hot, young woman?

(I'm sure the *reason* is to match her MCU version, but I don't recall it actually happening in the comics.)

Don't worry about it there is no explanation. She first showed up in Scarlet Witch. Wanda's like "drat Agatha what's with this look?" and Agatha's just like "we're magic, I don't gotta explain poo poo, now get ready for my mini-event!"

e: Never mind, looking it up it was during some Midnight Suns mini I didn't read.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 31, 2023

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
There was an explanation, in the Midnight Suns mini-series that came out at the start of this year. A bunch of magical stuff happened and at the end of it Agatha died nope, got de-aged!

I have no idea if Contest of Chaos is pretending this did not happen or contradicting it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's odd because in the video game that mini was greenlit to promote, Agatha is a middle-aged ghost lesbian with a sweet cape.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sounds pretty nice tbh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Sounds pretty nice tbh

It is, Midnight Suns had pretty good interpretations of all the characters in it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I gave Immortal Thor a read and it was fine. It had way, way too much of the "titles, titles, titles" thing that drowned Aaron's Avengers' run for my liking, and while I like Ewings' pitch and trust that when he wants to "go big" with a character it's not just "punch something bigger," I just don't care a lot for the antagonists we've got.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Ryan North drawing on personal experience for an upcoming Fantastic Four story.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1697576840062288299

Link for anyone who doesn't get the reference: https://imgur.com/gallery/bKoO8

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

glitchwraith posted:

Ryan North drawing on personal experience for an upcoming Fantastic Four story.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1697599663581364486

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so wait, GODS #1 is priced at $10? Yeah, it’s an oversized issue with a big-name writer, but given that this is a book focusing primarily on a new cast of characters whose connection to existing Marvel canon is less than clear, that seems like it’s a recipe for failure. Apparently several retailers have been complaining about this

https://twitter.com/thebigbang_/status/1698348558171131970?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

https://twitter.com/fffcomics/status/1698991123899842802?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

https://twitter.com/thebigbang_/status/1699120056628637719?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 6, 2023

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I googled to see what you guys are talking about and as soon as I saw this I immediately called my LGS to preorder a copy. Dr. Strange and Wyn? Sold, a million times sold, I would happily pay 20 dollars to see Dr. Strange and Wyn together.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Holy poo poo this is the worst loving thing I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suOnLM_g-yE

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
I will still check out anything Hickman writes, but if those one-page teasers appearing in various Marvel books are supposed to hype me up, they’re not working

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

FoneBone posted:

I will still check out anything Hickman writes, but if those one-page teasers appearing in various Marvel books are supposed to hype me up, they’re not working

Hickman’s S.H.I.E.L.D. is one of my favorite comics ever. It’s beautifully drawn, it’s a crazy high concept, it’s got all these small insane details, sure the delays and ending mar it a little but I love it. And when the verrrrry early initial concept art and description came out for G.O.D.S. I could not have been more excited, it seemed like something marketed directly to me.

…and every subsequent thing that comes out makes me less and less excited. The actual preview pages (not these one page teaser) felt like someone doing a way too dense info dump with 40 new concepts you didn’t know about. I’m still interested in reading it but it just seems like both the comic itself and Marvel are trying way to hard to force it to be “a thing”. And the less said about that price tag the better.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m getting pet sick of Hickman’s info pages that have infected the X-Titles. Just so much lore, dialog, or emails that aren’t interesting enough for artwork. I’m not looking forward to another title written by him.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

IUG posted:

I’m getting pet sick of Hickman’s info pages that have infected the X-Titles. Just so much lore, dialog, or emails that aren’t interesting enough for artwork. I’m not looking forward to another title written by him.

If Bleeding Cool is to be believed, GODS #1 doesn’t have any text pages, but we’ll see

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Who's Wyn?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

No one who will matter in 5 years

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I already pre-ordered G.O.D.S #1 before I found out what it costs and like my comic book store enough that I don't mind the $10 but jesus loving christ that seems dumb as hell. HoX/PoX sold well partially because it was Hickman and partially because it was a relaunch of the loving X-Men. Brian Michael Bendis moving to Superman is going to sell a lot of copies partially because it's Bendis and then because it's loving Superman. Brian Michael Bendis doing an Elongated Man comic probably is not going to move as many issues.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Jesus Christ, what's it gonna cost here in Canada, $15? I forgot to pre-order it and now I'm not gonna. At that price, I'm gonna read it first and make sure it's basically three issues in one book, and not one issue full of bonus material and backups like they love to pad out their high-price anniversary issues with.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Gripweed posted:

Holy poo poo this is the worst loving thing I've ever seen

Jon Lovitz: Acting!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I googled to see what you guys are talking about and as soon as I saw this I immediately called my LGS to preorder a copy. Dr. Strange and Wyn? Sold, a million times sold, I would happily pay 20 dollars to see Dr. Strange and Wyn together.

Do we even know at this point if they're gonna be in this, or is that one of those variant covers that has nothing whatsoever to do with what's inside?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

El Tortuga posted:

Jon Lovitz: Acting!

That would probably sound better if it was AI generated honestly.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Strange (and I think Doom) have shown up in the G.O.D.S. preview pages but I'm not sure if anyone else of note is there

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Did the infinity gems becoming manifested as people go anywhere, or was it totally dropped? I forgot what happened to Star, and the rest I don't even remember at all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I remember it had something to do with black cat and fury Jr but I couldn't actually tell you what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Esplanade posted:

Do we even know at this point if they're gonna be in this, or is that one of those variant covers that has nothing whatsoever to do with what's inside?

Did you not watch the trailer? Because you really should watch the trailer.

I gotta say, it's amazing that the main selling point of this series is the writer, but then they put out a trailer with some of the worst writing ever published. I've watched shot on video horror movies that didn't have dialogue a fraction that lovely.