Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kantesu posted:

Tumblr gave us the pronouns, and I did not care, because I was not on Tumblr

honestly, tumblr kinda owns these days, as long as you curate your feed a little (it seems to respect your blocks and what you like, unlike say Youtube who REALLY wants you to watch Joe Rogan)

what was the hand gesture? I'm not terminally online yet I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I always get a good laugh when these aggrieved Tweets end in "Show more" and clicking it reveals a multi-paragraph screed.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Love the dude who is a blatant alt right crypto fash trying to claim he isn't (and yes I know the tweet is three years old)

Don't worry, Ian. Tumblr hates you, too.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

honestly, tumblr kinda owns these days, as long as you curate your feed a little (it seems to respect your blocks and what you like, unlike say Youtube who REALLY wants you to watch Joe Rogan)

Yeah it really does, though blocking doesn't work the best when someone is reblogging something (say, art done by a former friend that I have blocked but they're very popular in that specific community and their stuff gets reblogged a thousand times), but that is a very specific situation and on the whole I think it's pretty good.

I'm assuming he means the "okay" hand gesture that alt righters were using for a long time

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I demand a mod for Starfield that strips pronouns from the entire game and makes it completely incomprehensible.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I think it's referring to this?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah, that's not the okay sign, it's specifically with the fingers splayed out, which can mean 'white power'. He'd probably claim it's the 'circle game', where you... trick someone into looking at the circle of your fingers? I don't really get it, but it's not the same thing, but people trying to be coy about white power often try to have plausible deniability. Given his later alt-right outright-fash stuff, though, white power seems more likely.

EDIT: It's white power because the fingers are supposed to make a W and the loop is supposed to look like a P. It's dumb as gently caress but there you go.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
this is going to become another derail.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I demand a mod for Starfield that strips pronouns from the entire game and makes it completely incomprehensible.

Modding the game so everybody is voiced by the Hulk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, that's not the okay sign, it's specifically with the fingers splayed out, which can mean 'white power'. He'd probably claim it's the 'circle game', where you... trick someone into looking at the circle of your fingers? I don't really get it, but it's not the same thing, but people trying to be coy about white power often try to have plausible deniability. Given his later alt-right outright-fash stuff, though, white power seems more likely.

EDIT: It's white power because the fingers are supposed to make a W and the loop is supposed to look like a P. It's dumb as gently caress but there you go.

4chan made it up, and then racists just started using it anyway.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Aphrodite posted:

This is the hilarious part to me. It's like the drinking milk thing.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PhazonLink posted:

this is going to become another derail.

Everybody knows you keep your 3 fingers out so you can make a 0 and then flip your hand to an 'M' for 'cero miedo'

Have some fast food issues that surely won't result in a silly derail

I mean it does suck when there's order mixups or your hardshell taco cracks but geeze, I loving hate that rear end in a top hat who thinks fast food workers are acting entitled since they want livable wages and not to get fired for unattainable corporate metric tracking.
They probably had to make more of your tea, jackass, and yeah absolutely shouldn't be punished for it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, the thing is, there's no 'racial identifier' so stupid racists won't unironically start doing it anyway. See, milk, and also pepe.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

I mean it does suck when there's order mixups or your hardshell taco cracks but geeze, I loving hate that rear end in a top hat who thinks fast food workers are acting entitled since they want livable wages and not to get fired for unattainable corporate metric tracking.
They probably had to make more of your tea, jackass, and yeah absolutely shouldn't be punished for it.
If anything the fault is with the corporate rules that penalize a store for having a car wait 'too long' at the window when there's no line. But people always want to take things out on the workers they can see.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

My favorite is when people freak out about fast food places being understaffed, while also freaking out that their cashier is clearly very, very ill.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

don't know why all these people can't make my burger right and neat and very fast, I am paying $1 for it

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

gently caress mandatory military service at age 18, make every American work for a year at a fast food restaurant.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

gently caress mandatory military service at age 18, make every American work for a year at a fast food restaurant.

Then you'll just have people screaming about how they did it properly when they did their time. The solution is to give customer service staff an "rear end in a top hat customer execution waver" each year and a gun.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

He's always been a disgrace to Ian's everywhere

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Then you'll just have people screaming about how they did it properly when they did their time. The solution is to give customer service staff an "rear end in a top hat customer execution waver" each year and a gun.

I would have used it on the old guy, on Fat Tuesday years ago, who asked me what would happen if he threw beads at me.

I was too busy to really comprehend what he was hinting at, until I took my next bathroom break and it hit me that I had just got sexually harassed at work. Neato!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I would have used it on the old guy, on Fat Tuesday years ago, who asked me what would happen if he threw beads at me.

“Paperwork.”

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

I was too busy to really comprehend what he was hinting at, until I took my next bathroom break and it hit me that I had just got sexually harassed at work. Neato!

When I was bartending years ago, I had a few customers at the bar trying to get my attention and when I got close one of them motioned for me to lean over to hear her (as it was pretty loud), and when I leaned in she kissed me on the mouth.

I asked her to leave, and she got really huffy about it, so I called a bouncer and she left shouting the f-word at me.

Every time I had to throw a patron out, we had to write it up, and when I came in next my boss just had a poo poo-eating grin and asked me, “what was wrong, was she fat?”

I went back into construction a few weeks after that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

JGdmn posted:

When I was bartending years ago, I had a few customers at the bar trying to get my attention and when I got close one of them motioned for me to lean over to hear her (as it was pretty loud), and when I leaned in she kissed me on the mouth.

I asked her to leave, and she got really huffy about it, so I called a bouncer and she left shouting the f-word at me.

Every time I had to throw a patron out, we had to write it up, and when I came in next my boss just had a poo poo-eating grin and asked me, “what was wrong, was she fat?”

I went back into construction a few weeks after that.

Ugh, loving gross, I'm sorry that happened to you.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
If you order fast food and expect your order to be 100% correct, you're the loving moron.

My tastes are simple; pickles and tomatoes are gross to me. That includes things like relish, I guess. So that's all I ever subtract. Hey, can I get this, whatever, whatever, no pickles or tomatoes please.

Has it ever been correct? Not a single loving time. They'll often omit the pickles and tomatoes but then I get some other thing entirely. That's why you go to fast food, for the adventure.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

wash bucket posted:

I always get a good laugh when these aggrieved Tweets end in "Show more" and clicking it reveals a multi-paragraph screed.

Did Elon send you a plaque for being the first person to ever click the "show more" button? How did you survive?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PetraCore posted:

My understanding of the circle game is that it has to be below your waist. otherwise you could just through up the circle directly in some ones eyeline and get to hit them in the arm.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Air Skwirl posted:

My understanding of the circle game is that it has to be below your waist. otherwise you could just through up the circle directly in some ones eyeline and get to hit them in the arm.
Yeah, and the thing I don't get is if it's the circle game why do people do it in photos if it's some agreed-upon 'I trick you into looking at this I get to hit you on the arm' thing like flicking a nose for fake untied shoelaces.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He does the gesture in the comic (nervously) and everyone gets mad at him.

It is not difficult to understand, nor does it require careful analysis of the angle of the hypotenuse formed by his fingers and

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Every other comic by this guy has the same exact punchline, character does something cancellable and gets nervous in front of an angry mob

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

mycot posted:

Every other comic by this guy has the same exact punchline, character does something cancellable and gets nervous in front of an angry mob

I thought all his comics ended with a lady screaming when she can't successfully force the feminist agenda on someone.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

geeko55 posted:

He's always been a disgrace to Ian's everywhere

I dunno, has there ever been a good Ian

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

...! posted:

There was a real popular kid in school who knocked me off my bike and INTO TRAFFIC and I had to limp home and my mom was so fuckin mad at me because I bled all over my white tennis shoes

edit: and his name was IAN

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

emSparkly posted:

I thought all his comics ended with a lady screaming when she can't successfully force the feminist agenda on someone.

That's the punchline to the other half, reddit rage face

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

...! posted:

Scott Ian of Anthrax.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

Did Elon send you a plaque for being the first person to ever click the "show more" button? How did you survive?

I guess that was a self-own, huh?

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mycot posted:

That's the punchline to the other half, reddit rage face

Hey now, I accidentally clicked on his Twitter and, for a quarter of what I saw, the punchline was white people calmly gunning down the people in the first panel.

Seriously, what the gently caress.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

...! posted:

ian brutalmoose

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Look, I'm hardly a Bethesda defender, but if someone's mad about being unable to land on Saturn in their game, it's not really Bethesda they should be filing their complaint with.

I always found it pretty funny that you actually can land on a gas giant in Warframe. You can land on Uranus! Because it's been terraformed with ultrascience.

It's also a really unfun part of the game, compared to the content before and after it.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

...! posted:

Ian McKellen doesn't count? He's probably as good as it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I always found it pretty funny that you actually can land on a gas giant in Warframe. You can land on Uranus! Because it's been terraformed with ultrascience.

It's also a really unfun part of the game, compared to the content before and after it.

Yeah, a lot of people say ur anus is no fun

E: and also a gassy giant