Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009

craptown posted:

Costco has a 'gourmet hot sauces around the world' collection. Basically the same garbage with different labels. Only slight taste profile variations and the differing heat levels were practically unnoticeable. Big miss with this one.

Yeah these are all basically the same and also not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

the only place where hot dogs are cheaper than normcore Costco

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Cholula Sweet Habanero is my go to egg sauce lately, but Yellow Bird Jalapeno, Serrano, and Habanero are the main general sauces I've been using lately.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Valentia is for breakfast foods
Franks red hot is for things needing that vinegar punch/Wing butter sauce

El Yucateco is for mex nights

I've never had the proper stuff, but I found & made up a batch of homemade Secret Aardvark and that poo poo was the best overall.
Heartbeat Red habanero is also the tops

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Crusty Nutsack posted:

They just released 6 new ones. The Chiltepin and Black Marisquera ones are the best

The tiendas in my city are slacking, I scoured the ghetto and came up with bupkiss. How's the hab-ghost?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure I'm alone in thinking Secret Aardvark is mid at best

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Apprentice Dick posted:

Cholula Sweet Habanero is my go to egg sauce lately, but Yellow Bird Jalapeno, Serrano, and Habanero are the main general sauces I've been using lately.

Yellowbird owns

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ShowTime posted:

Odd timing, but this famous hot sauce guy did a video ranking hot sauces that came out today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7oFOz596BY

I don't think he even tries Tapatio, but he tries Cholula and basically calls it water.

lotta good opinions in this video. feels kind of weird being in such agreement with someone’s thoughts on hot sauce

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah, and I'm supposed to be loyal to it due to geography and age. It's a unique sauce at least, but it tastes too strong in a direction I can't quite put my finger on

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its prolly the high cumin content

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dick Fontaine posted:

lotta good opinions in this video. feels kind of weird being in such agreement with someone’s thoughts on hot sauce

I like talking about peppers with Ed, he is a cool dude. First time I ate a reaper, he handed me a slice of a fresh one the year he introduced them to the public.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its prolly the high cumin content

It's extremely not. It might be the sweetness or the fact that it tastes kinda... raw. Like it needs to be fermented or cooked still.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Slotducks posted:

Valentia is for breakfast foods
Franks red hot is for things needing that vinegar punch/Wing butter sauce

El Yucateco is for mex nights

I've never had the proper stuff, but I found & made up a batch of homemade Secret Aardvark and that poo poo was the best overall.
Heartbeat Red habanero is also the tops

Costco has a 2-pack of Secret Aardvark now - one normal and one smoky. Good deal too.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

craptown posted:

Costco has a 'gourmet hot sauces around the world' collection. Basically the same garbage with different labels. Only slight taste profile variations and the differing heat levels were practically unnoticeable. Big miss with this one.

Things like that presented so obviously as some kind of gift option are very hit or miss, and sometimes just regular stuff with a 30% markup for looking like a ready made present.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

pentyne posted:

Things like that presented so obviously as some kind of gift option are very hit or miss, and sometimes just regular stuff with a 30% markup for looking like a ready made present.

Same energy as the fifth of liquor with two lovely cups box sets

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Armacham posted:

Same energy as the fifth of liquor with two lovely cups box sets

Those are perfect white elephant gifts though.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pentyne posted:

the kind of gift you give someone when you need to let them know that they’ll never escape the acquaintance zone, but you need to do it nicely

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

It's not spicy, but it's nice that the first thing you taste isn't vinegar like most other sauces.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

McGurk posted:

Costco has a 2-pack of Secret Aardvark now - one normal and one smoky. Good deal too.

Not here in Canada 😭

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Not here in Canada 😭

You have poutine and chicken tendies in the food court though

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Both Tapatio and Cholula are not good sorry to inform OP.

El Yucateco much OP?

Green for the heat and black to smoke and ease back

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

the kind of gift you give someone when you need to let them know that they’ll never escape the acquaintance zone, but you need to do it nicely

It's also a decidedly average gift from a generally disinterested father-in-law.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Went to the Big C today. Splurged on the flat of cold brew, it'll be like a pre-workout for me. Now I'm having chicken firecrackers "Nashville hot" flavor for boy dinner.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

heisenberg posted:

It's also a decidedly average gift from a generally disinterested father-in-law.

same thing, really

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just popping in to say all mexican style hot sauces are good. all of them

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
One of my friends and I have this tradition where we split an entire Costco pizza and hot dog and just talk for like an hour or so

It rules

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We had 2 of those RealGood green enchiladas in the freezer. I cooked them up to augment a meal and they were absolutely horrible. My family all agreed with Dick Fontaine that they should be called RealBad. Hours later I'm still disappointed they were in my mouth.

StormDrain posted:

Went to the Big C today. Splurged on the flat of cold brew, it'll be like a pre-workout for me. Now I'm having chicken firecrackers "Nashville hot" flavor for boy dinner.

This was confusing at first because Restaurant Depot's house brand is called "Big C"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Seth Pecksniff posted:

One of my friends and I have this tradition where we split an entire Costco pizza and hot dog and just talk for like an hour or so

It rules

pbuc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It rules

That's a very nice tradition.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Why does this motherfucker get supreme pizza?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/09/slatest-news-politics-newsletter-costco-food-court.html

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Do you lady and the tramp the hot dog when you split it

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what would be a good theme for the kinda place that would serve a 20” hot dog for two? tom of finland? has anyone licensed that for a dog joint yet?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Two guys one dog?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I'm finally part of the church. Got the membership last week.

About 8 months ago, when my wife and I were getting some final baby stuff for our about to be born daughter, we went to Costco with my mom because she wanted to gift us a box of the Kirkland baby wipes with her membership. Now in the present, my wife swears by them and gave me the stink eye every time the box ran out and we had to use other brands, which she deems as "inferior, too dry or too rough."

And these wipes do seem softer than any others. Wouldn't surprise me they're made with the finest egyptian cotton and give our daughter a +5 versus diaper rash.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i can confirm my kid throws a poo poo fit if we try and use any other baby wipes but kirkland

go kick rocks huggies

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Kal-L posted:

I'm finally part of the church. Got the membership last week.

About 8 months ago, when my wife and I were getting some final baby stuff for our about to be born daughter, we went to Costco with my mom because she wanted to gift us a box of the Kirkland baby wipes with her membership. Now in the present, my wife swears by them and gave me the stink eye every time the box ran out and we had to use other brands, which she deems as "inferior, too dry or too rough."

And these wipes do seem softer than any others. Wouldn't surprise me they're made with the finest egyptian cotton and give our daughter a +5 versus diaper rash.

Having three baby Pershings was what solidified my member status. Always better quality diapers and wipes.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

binge crotching posted:

You have poutine and chicken tendies in the food court though

2 things

1) Vegetarian options are sorely lacking at the food court
2) Those two dishes are both like 1500 calories++

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Costco: Two guys one dog?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dick Fontaine posted:

what would be a good theme for the kinda place that would serve a 20” hot dog for two? tom of finland? has anyone licensed that for a dog joint yet?

Quad Dogs for "Two". You put the Two in quotes cause you know most of your customers are going to eat the whole wiener themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I thought quad dog is when you take two hot dogs put them into two chicken bakes then you take another chicken bake put two hot dogs in it then you get a pizza and roll that all up together and then you can cut it and make pinwheels out of it