Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Y’know I don’t think the neo-nazis doing an e-tiki torch march are going to care all that much about fashion week, Linda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

mobby_6kl posted:

He heard of Deus Ex at least once

He thinks the Deus Ex series started 2011.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

PenguinKnight posted:

Y’know I don’t think the neo-nazis doing an e-tiki torch march are going to care all that much about fashion week, Linda

Elon takes care of that part of the customer base, Linda takes care of the normies. Everybody wins when a dream team like Linda and Elon are in control!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

holtemon posted:

If my net worth was over 200 billion dollars I'd have every hobby lol

Definitely wouldn't be sleeping on a factory floor nano-managing some laborers

Id buy every Millennium Falcon

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ben shapino posted:

Yeah you say his elden ring build is one of the worst you've ever seen but Elon loves the challenge. He's built different.

can someone post the musk body suit mech pic. (the one where a tiny musk is controlling the lumpy white swim suit )

thansk in advance.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

does musk have hobbies?

he was briefly into fast cars

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Maybe constantly blaming the Jews is his way to try rile Zuckerberg into getting involving in his stupid fight talk again, so he can go back to pretending to have the upper body strength to complete a standing press.

Or maybe he's a white South African.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I love the "VIDEOS ARE UP 480%" metric. Like yes, nobody watched videos on Twitter before Elon, but now four of his most devoted sycophants do. It's like "most unregretted user seconds" bullshit.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

E the Shaggy posted:

I love the "VIDEOS ARE UP 480%" metric. Like yes, nobody watched videos on Twitter before Elon, but now four of his most devoted sycophants do. It's like "most unregretted user seconds" bullshit.

Didn't they also take all the guard rails off of twipostxing videos? I'd imagine consecutive user video engagement milliseconds are higher now that people are posting entire movie-length videos and there's literally nothing else to look at because it's all chud grievance and digital goose stepping now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

gschmidl posted:

Only if taking drugs is a hobby.

Taking drugs and logging the effects is a hobby, just taking them is entertainment / recreation.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I hear Elon is actually what's called a 'meme lord'. Confirm/Deny?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Copyright movie views up 583%
Brand impersonations up 296%
CSAM up 253%

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

kazil posted:

LindaBot is quickly becoming a favorite character

Does anyone know if she's always been like this? It all seems so very desperate, like her every waking thought has to be expressed through the lens of X and percentages that mean nothing and don't resonate with anyone (even X, or Elon, and I suspect even her), even if you could take them at face value since there's no means of verifying them anyway.

Expecting her at one point to tell everyone that she's filing for a divorce, but that X is the best place to be for lawyers, they charge 228% less if you reach out to them via DM.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Thinking about sport. Where can I go for sport?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Murdstone posted:

Thinking about sport. Where can I go for sport?

The rectangle of grass with white paint

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Tarkus posted:

I hear Elon is actually what's called a 'meme lord'. Confirm/Deny?

Meme serf

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
Elon's hobby is engineer. He thinks bosses are dumb, HR is evil, and interns are foreign. He no longer wears a curled up tie.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Durzel posted:

Does anyone know if she's always been like this?

She's an ad exec so yeah probably

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Durzel posted:

Does anyone know if she's always been like this? It all seems so very desperate, like her every waking thought has to be expressed through the lens of X and percentages that mean nothing and don't resonate with anyone (even X, or Elon, and I suspect even her), even if you could take them at face value since there's no means of verifying them anyway.

Expecting her at one point to tell everyone that she's filing for a divorce, but that X is the best place to be for lawyers, they charge 228% less if you reach out to them via DM.

I see you have not had much exposure to c-suite level people who never speak in tangibles but only in bullshit and easily padded stats

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yacc rules. just sitting around collecting a fat paycheck and occasionally hitting tweet (or x? but the x that means send, not close) on a pre drafted pr post. id do the same thing if i were lucky enough to ever be paid ceo money

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I see you have not had much exposure to c-suite level people who never speak in tangibles but only in bullshit and easily padded stats
Thankfully not, but I just thought I'd stare into the abyss and went through some of her older pre-CEO tweets, and she was basically a soulless PR automaton then, just for NBC instead. :toot:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Love of Linda Mom Tweets is up 379%

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The Yacc twixposxsts imply that there is a cush assistant job in her office whose only real work is making a spreadsheet of these meaningless statistics to email to her every day so she can twixposxst about them

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Durzel posted:

I'm expecting her to be found barely surviving in a jungle, four weeks after a plane crash, her account having tweeted two empty platitudes a day during the same period.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

holtemon posted:

Searching for the Zuck now does come back with a lot of MMA stuff so he's got a point there

On the other hand, searching for Elon now comes back with him threatening to sue the ADL and a new story about how he took $1 billion from SpaceX to pay Twitter bills lol

Zuck bringing up MMA stuff is literally Elon's doing, and that's the dumbest part of it :v:

He literally made it internet gossip when he issued that stupid challenge because the first thing everyone did was go "wait, Zuckerberg does MMA?"

e;

like god it doesn't need to be restated but it really says how incredibly loving stupid Musk is and his followers are that they don't understand how basic search engine stuff works, and how it prioritizes recency for the results it serves up to you

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

goatface posted:

I'm expecting her to be found barely surviving in a jungle, four weeks after a plane crash, her account having tweeted two empty platitudes a day during the same period.
#EATINGBUGSTOLIVE is up 2000 percent over this time last week, or was it yesterday!!! 😜 #HELP

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Durzel posted:

Unless we are missing a massive amount of work behind the scenes, she seems to be producing a very minimal amount of publicity. She seems to be doing even what I would consider a bare minimum of C-suite "work". She is being paid millions to attend some meetings, barely tweet, and be a pretend CEO so Elon can say on paper that is isn't running the company.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Posting about X on X is actually generating lots of publicity for X, the everything app

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

X you should get up with plenty of time to make practice tomorrow #twitter

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ishikabibble posted:

they don't understand how basic search engine stuff works, and how it prioritizes recency for the results it serves up to you
lol remember when that techbro self-driving system wizkid that reverse engineered the PS3 or whatever was gonna reinvent search engines from the ground up for practically free

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Elon wanted to change the venue to Zuck's backyard so he wouldn't get his rear end kicked in public and if it's not recorded, he can claim he won or it was a good fight. Barring that, he can claim they were just doing light sparring and he didn't go all out on purpose.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The worst position a narcissist can be placed is any place where they can be held accountable.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

* bursts through the thread-wall, spilling Budweiser every where *

DID SOMEBODY SAY SPORTS???

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
No, I said "spurts".

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kru posted:

We call that a "Yacc Attack" 'round these parts :clint:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

lushka16 posted:

Elon's hobby is engineer. He thinks bosses are dumb, HR is evil, and interns are foreign. He no longer wears a curled up tie.

Have you ever seen Ol' Musky and Scott Adams in the same place at the same time?

I mean, I haven't, because I don't go to Klan rallies or slave auctions, but has anyone else?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kru posted:

I said sports!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

kru posted:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Has goofy played more sports than mario?
I feel it'd be a close call if you include mario party and mario and sonic at the olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I can't believe the Jews made my company lose $40 billion in value