Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I disagree. I think they are more interested at any one time if creating a tv marketable commercial QB star (like Mahomes). They backed off of Brady a bit because the leagues reputation was taking a huge hit after a decade plus of open Patriots cheating and malfeasance. It was becoming untenable even for a league as corrupt as the nfl

I don’t think the nfl cares that much about rivalries relatively compared to how much they care about creating TV commercials stars

As I said above !!! They may be done with Mahomes for now becuase he’s got a ring this year, but I doubt Hurts is next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress the Cowboys.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

euphronius posted:

As I said above !!! They may be done with Mahomes for now becuase he’s got a ring this year, but I doubt Hurts is next
What are you even on about? Mahomes already had a ring.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
This gimmick loving sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think that Jalen Hurts shouldn't of fumbled in the Super Bowl. personally

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if I was in the superbowl the main thing I would plan on is to win it but failing that the second thing I would endeavor to do is not have a -10 point ev play

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I don't see how the Eagles don't win the division, but as we all know, the power of clownball rules this division, and there is nothing clownball-ier than this being the 19th season in a row without a repeat division champ. So without guessing records, I'll guess the standings as:

Giants
Eagles
Dallas
Washington

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strobe posted:

It’s not a gimmick but message received

I’ll move on

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles were the best team in the nfl last year

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If that were true they'd have gotten a huge trophy

Alas it went to Kansas City. How strange.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao:

this is sad

Philly sports considered harmful

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Diqnol posted:

Eagles were the best team in the nfl last year

The NFC as a whole sucked poo poo last year and the Eagles were merely the best team out of that pile of poo poo. Less the best team in the league and more the only one that could reasonably hang out with the AFC powerhouses

Repeat division champions are illegal in the NFC East so I'm assuming the Cowboys will win it since they seem most primed to, Giants will probably be a better team than last year but have a mediocre record since the schedule isn't as easy and miss the playoffs, Washington will also probably be mediocre overall but trending positively and get some surprising wins, and the Eagles will be a wildcard and probably make it further than the Cowboys in the playoffs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
This thread always gets so loving dumb right before the season starts, gently caress I can’t wait for Sunday.

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

This thread always gets so loving dumb right before the season starts, gently caress I can’t wait for Sunday.

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

We’re quivering with anticipation of the glorious return of Clownball.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would sooner hear a chorus of gently caress the cowboys for the next 5 days than entertain any other football conspiracy theories.

That or more cautious optimism from Washington fans, freed from the yoke of Snyder oppression.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Strobe posted:

Gimmick? My friend, Euphronius is never anything but sincere.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Y'all gotta let my man cook.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Y'all gotta let my man cook.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Euph and blazfhrgr get posting immunity to say whatever they want

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Shinjobi posted:

I would sooner hear a chorus of gently caress the cowboys for the next 5 days than entertain any other football conspiracy theories.

That or more cautious optimism from Washington fans, freed from the yoke of Snyder oppression.

Fan buzz is extremely high right now, Sam Howell is becoming the anointed one. Week 1 is sold out and that hasn’t happened in a long time. We’re also playing Arizona which is expected to tank the poo poo outta their season and go for a number one pick.

Gonna be funny as hell when we blow it and lose.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I’m not sold on Sam Howell but he’s had a good preseason and Bienemy is legit. Guess we’ll find out soon.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m not sold on Sam Howell but he’s had a good preseason and Bienemy is legit. Guess we’ll find out soon.
Sam's got that dawg in him. He's got good weapons. I saw him paly at UNC live a couple times and am rootin' for the guy. I want to believe!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Sam's got that dawg in him. He's got good weapons. I saw him paly at UNC live a couple times and am rootin' for the guy. I want to believe!

Our poo poo offensive line that wasn’t addressed this past offseason is going to get him killed.

:munch:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I feel like Washington is a prime candidate to get off to a hot start that gets everyone's attention before slinking back to the mean due to injuries and/or tape on Sam Howell finally catching up to him. And then Riveria gets fired

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

I would sooner hear a chorus of gently caress the cowboys for the next 5 days

Say no more, fam.

gently caress the Cowboys

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The current wave of Philly fans manufacturing the underdog poo poo is just so exhausting. Go buy another loving holiday album when it comes out.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah once your team has been to two super bowls and won one in 5 seasons it's time to get over it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cartoon Man posted:

Our poo poo offensive line that wasn’t addressed this past offseason is going to get him killed.

:munch:
Hey that Charles Leno guy is pretty great! What do you mean he's literally the only one on the line?!?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If Washington had Trent Williams back on the O Line it would be a playoff team

as it is, Howell will be broken into shards by week 4 and we still will have no idea if he has actual potential or not

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

predicto posted:

If Washington had Trent Williams back on the O Line it would be a playoff team

as it is, Howell will be broken into shards by week 4 and we still will have no idea if he has actual potential or not

If they had Mahomes at QB they'd be pretty good too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

Say no more, fam.

gently caress the Cowboys

:lmao: but you love the cowboys

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mega dy posted:

If they had Mahomes at QB they'd be pretty good too.

No, our O line would get him killed too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: but you love the cowboys

I love when they lose, yes, as all good people should.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t mean this to be mean but the cowboys should be removed from the nfce

And maybe the nfl.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

I don’t mean this to be mean but the cowboys should be removed from the nfce

And maybe the nfl.

Yeah I also wish I could just win the division every season

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

*sign of the cross*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eagles fans under 40 have so much inherited Cowboys-trauma. they haven't been good for over a quarter century. as Elsa said "let it go" stop fighting the wars of your fathers