Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Cool I hadn't seen any racist takes yet, glad that's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Can't imagine dealing with people who come from a patriarchal society.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

it is... loving weird to make up this much fanfic about real people.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I like how the Elite are either idiot moron doofuses or brilliant long term strategists depending on who they’re interacting with.

They’ve been carefully planning to fleece Tony Khan for YEARS and have built up an inner circle of wrestlers and non-wrestlers but also they’re dumb bozo jerks who offended CM Punk with their childlike antics.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: quoted the wrong tweet by accident, and anyway, that probably wasn't even a bad tweet lmao

Venomous fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 6, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cornette taught us the best thing to do with the Boogeyman is laugh at him.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

megha politicking her way into the top guy slot on collision

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The truly absurd part of this is that Megha Parekh is a senior executive for an NFL team. She does the AEW head of legal thing basically as a paid favour. There isn't a world where she cares about any of the backstage politics unless it gets in the way.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

The truly absurd part of this is that Megha Parekh is a senior executive for an NFL team. She does the AEW head of legal thing basically as a paid favour. There isn't a world where she cares about any of the backstage politics unless it gets in the way.

But but :females:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The unhinged fanfic makes Megha Parekh sound cool as hell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've referred to her as the consigliere before which also sounds much cooler than what her job actually is, probably.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wait, do they think Tony and Megha are siblings?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Wait, do they think Tony and Megha are siblings?

No they think she and the Elite are going to scam the Khan fortune from Tony.

Also Megha isn't doing AEW legal work as a favor, she's either #2 or #3 in the company.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Megha's going to marry TK (the Elite will be his groomsmen) and then she'll slip poison into his champagne on the wedding night and inherit AEW.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Due to being an Asian, Megha knows that Tony will get his dad's money, and is scamming him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was very excited to see that my favorite Xer on X Dot Com had also found that tweet.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1699382016033140885

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love that a guy who hasn’t been meaningfully employed by a wrestling promotion in the office for over a decade is apparently someone you don’t want to cross in the wrestling business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Love that a guy who hasn’t been meaningfully employed by a wrestling promotion in the office for over a decade is apparently someone you don’t want to cross in the wrestling business.

Especially since everyone from Santino to Vince Russo has gone up against Jim Cornette and won. Russo twice telling companies "it's him or me" and them choosing Russo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Hey, he'd stick a horse shoe in that tennis racket!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
if you believe the EVPs are fleecing TK, if you believe women are...uh, sleeping their way up to bigger paydays

good lord Punk you're bad at this, my man. Learn a thing or two about seduction

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1699447164424901101

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Surely even Leslie is trolling here.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

it is a bit of a shame that we'll never hear CM Punk tearing up the rant room while controlling his narrative

also, lol at the idea that Billy Corgan has the piles of lucre in his pockets to land and keep Punk

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SatansOnion posted:

it is a bit of a shame that we'll never hear CM Punk tearing up the rant room while controlling his narrative

also, lol at the idea that Billy Corgan has the piles of lucre in his pockets to land and keep Punk

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’s 30th anniversary is just around the corner.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’s 30th anniversary is just around the corner.

Suspiciously contacting Living Colour to open for them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I, like Tony Khan, am also from the patriarchal South Asian society of Illinois

lmao these people have mashed potatoes for brains

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

A Fancy Hat posted:

I like how the Elite are either idiot moron doofuses or brilliant long term strategists depending on who they’re interacting with.

They’ve been carefully planning to fleece Tony Khan for YEARS and have built up an inner circle of wrestlers and non-wrestlers but also they’re dumb bozo jerks who offended CM Punk with their childlike antics.

Absolutely none of them have been able to come up with a unified theory of This Is All the Elite's Fault that is even internally consistent, much less consistent with all the other ones.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I have a feeling it'd be rather challenging to get CM Punk to go on Gutfeld every week, Billy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

heck, 2023 is Siamese Dream's 30th anniversary. Billy should immediately put on a giant world tour where he plays through Siamese Dream and follows that up with a set picked from Pisces Iscariot, like Starla and Obscured and all that. It worked for the Pixies and Weezer, after all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

heck, 2023 is Siamese Dream's 30th anniversary. Billy should immediately put on a giant world tour where he plays through Siamese Dream and follows that up with a set picked from Pisces Iscariot, like Starla and Obscured and all that. It worked for the Pixies and Weezer, after all.

He's in the middle of a giant world tour with the NWA on the bill, performing in front of an audience of thousands!

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

He's in the middle of a giant world tour with the NWA on the bill, performing in front of an audience of thousands!

I thought it was Interpol, not NWA

(they just played in Toronto on Saturday I did not go)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Billy Pumpkins is not only dumb/desperate enough to pay Punk if he could afford it, he’d probably give him full creative control as well.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

maruhkati posted:

Absolutely none of them have been able to come up with a unified theory of This Is All the Elite's Fault that is even internally consistent, much less consistent with all the other ones.

It's because there isn't one. It all started with Cornette hating on modern wrestling that involves comedy and high flying spots and everything else comes from there. The Bucks are a really convenient scapegoat because in addition to the above, part of their gimmick is arrogance

After that it's all just controversy creates cash grifting and constantly moving goalposts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sega 32X posted:

I thought it was Interpol, not NWA

(they just played in Toronto on Saturday I did not go)

NWA isn't on every show, but they were on the Mexican festival date, the Australia dates and select US dates. Interpol is the opener for some of the tour, whatever the Stone Temple Pilots are on other dates.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

You know all things aside CM Punk is still quite a good wrestler

I do not know if I can imagine him carrying Tyrus to a good match though.

EDIT: Dammit now I want to see him try. Go NWA, Punk! I'm sure Billy Corgan can offer you a very generous four figure deal!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Maxwell Lord posted:

You know all things aside CM Punk is still quite a good wrestler

I do not know if I can imagine him carrying Tyrus to a good match though.

Fortunately Tyrus was recently retired after EC3 successfully controlled his narrative

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk should find a money mark and get Billy to sell NWA to him. Let's get nuts.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Punk will go to MLW because it's a promotion that desperately wishes it was better than it was, but isn't.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
punk's going to join contra unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

cm punk is going to join street beefs and get knocked out by a guy who sells plumbing equipment out of the back of a korean/mexican fusion food truck