Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Paradoxish posted:

tbh my intention was more to comment on the absurdity of stores around here going whole hog on fall decorations in early September

"brutally hot" and "pumpkin spice latte" are not two tastes that taste great together

How do you feel about Christmas merchandise in August?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It was a hot, dry, crappy summer up here in MN but the weather finally broke yesterday and today it's 65 and pleasantly overcast.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

"brutally hot" and "pumpkin spice latte" are not two tastes that taste great together
See also bars holding back christmas beer to have Christmas in July. Yes, what I really want when it's 97 degrees out on July 25th is a heavily spiced beer.

It's been a weird summer on the shores of lake Erie. Yesterday was only our second day over 90 this year, putting us -9 on the average, and it's been the third wettest summer on record, despite not having THAT many rainy days. Though it does help that stat when you get 7 inches in one 16 hour period.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

It was a hot, dry, crappy summer up here in MN but the weather finally broke yesterday and today it's 65 and pleasantly overcast.

thank loving god

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paradoxish posted:

tbh my intention was more to comment on the absurdity of stores around here going whole hog on fall decorations in early September

IDK, I grew up in LA and the start of pumpkin spice season is traditionally when LA is at its hottest due to the Santa Ana winds in the early fall

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Glumslinger posted:

IDK, I grew up in LA and the start of pumpkin spice season is traditionally when LA is at its hottest due to the Santa Ana winds in the early fall

This is how global capitalism attempts to destroy all regional differences.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WxNB_/status/1699437931755089974?s=20

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah growing up in California September is always just as lovely/worse then the rest of summer. It seems like fall really starts on Halloween if anything

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

22 is a lot of metres.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

22 is a lot of metres.

Alpha Centauri is about 380,000,000,000,000,000 meters away, which is more meters, so really it so close to zero meters can we even say it flooded at all?

Really responsible journalists should give all flood measurements in light years to keep things in perspective.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ok but look at how narrow that valley is how about we measure the cross sectional area instead

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The valley is roughly 10 meters across and the bridge is very small and for toddlers and wildlife

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

It’s clearly just a model train setup, and that “22 m” is really “22 cm”.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Speaking of rain, I thought the rains were supposed to be only for 3 days, but now I'm hearing it'll be until Friday at least before it stops raining in Greece

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

titty_baby_ posted:

The valley is roughly 10 meters across and the bridge is very small and for toddlers and wildlife

Yeah those toddlers are 100% just loitering about, extorting a "bridge crossing fee" to any poor wildlife trying to cross.

Quite frankly I'm glad their days of terror are now over.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

how much economic activity crosses the bridge? if we’re talking single digits or less everything will be fine

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Oh poo poo, I hear the sirens!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

TehSaurus posted:

how much economic activity crosses the bridge?

none, it's outside and uncovered

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Paradoxish posted:

Just wait for Christmastime (the second Halloween is over) and you'll get "brutally hot" and "winter aesthetics" .

The good news is there's presumably a tradition built around this dichotomy, in Australia.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

SirPablo posted:

dr, he’s hearing things again

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

smoobles posted:

is it normal to get sexually aroused by scary weather forecasts

normal is false consciousness

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SirPablo posted:

steer your ship toward them

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

smoobles posted:

is it normal to get sexually aroused by scary weather forecasts

That depends, are you watching forecasts on Mexican TV?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SirPablo posted:

gently caress, did Tempe blow up another dam?

Oh, wait…

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
sub 900 would be wild

https://twitter.com/lockingitin/status/1699490323150377108

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

more like sub-911

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

more like sub-911

Jet winds can’t crush wood beams

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sub 800 when? :colbert:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Little did we know that Tiamat's wrath was calmed only by the soothing tropical tunes of Jimmy Buffet, and now with his passing so too has our last pillar of oceanic tranquility.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I was watching Jurassic World last night and lol they had a Margaritaville in the park and a PA announcement advertised it too.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

sub 800 pfft call me when the center of your hurricane is a complete vacuum

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

skooma512 posted:

I was watching Jurassic World last night and lol they had a Margaritaville in the park and a PA announcement advertised it too.

Yeah, Buffet did a cameo in that one.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A lot of good cutting access to our own resources does for our kids when they’re living on the streets. So many barely make it right now as gas prices, and other energy costs soar and keep rising. All the while, we have an administration cutting us off at the knees to obtain our own resources from EVERYWHERE.

I bet you think mandating everyone to have electric cars is a great idea! Sucks that youre completely wrong…. Right now with our energy demand we burn 3.6 TRILLION tons of fossil fuels a year… if everyone had electric cars, we would have to burn ANOTHER 1.2 trillion tons on top of that to meet the energy demand….. go electric right now, and we make things worse

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TehSaurus posted:

sub 800 pfft call me when the center of your hurricane is a complete vacuum

Pushing through the eyewall of a hypercane to confront a howling void that allows me to experience a truly Lovcraftian level of awe and terror before I'm torn inside out and my bits are frozen and scattered throughout the storm.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I think we should just halt everything that generates pollution! It’ll save the world the libs care so much for AND get rid of all of them when they can’t survive a day without amenities! Then we can resume it all in peace

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

A lot of good cutting access to our own resources does for our kids when they’re living on the streets. So many barely make it right now as gas prices, and other energy costs soar and keep rising. All the while, we have an administration cutting us off at the knees to obtain our own resources from EVERYWHERE.

I bet you think mandating everyone to have electric cars is a great idea! Sucks that youre completely wrong…. Right now with our energy demand we burn 3.6 TRILLION tons of fossil fuels a year… if everyone had electric cars, we would have to burn ANOTHER 1.2 trillion tons on top of that to meet the energy demand….. go electric right now, and we make things worse

Shut-up Uncle Dave! Go get another glass of scotch.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, Buffet did a cameo in that one.

Truly, a dinosaur movie.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Before you continue,,,,,, if you are interested,,,, see the long list of posts I provide several minutes ago where Biden released, OFTEN,, fuel from the national RESERVE to DIRECTLY try to lower prices at the pump. HE did it, he can do to and a presidents oil policy cause people around the world to buy or sell oil based on what he says. The president has a direct control on the direction of oil

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

In other news... Biden resumes BEGGING the Communists in Venezuela to Please sell Americans oil... And then also bows to the American Haters in Iran to pretty please sell energy to Americans.
Meanwhile we leave our natural resources in the ground.
Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So many in favor of this, yet they are the part of the same ones crying over gas prices as they continue to rise and we are being blocked from obtaining our own resources….. you’re literally praising the slitting of your own throats financially