Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
That was the last thing to pop for my Cursebreaker seal; I had to spend WEEKS farming the stupid ascendant challenges and platforming poo poo to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

T1g4h posted:

It would be awesome if Bungie would stop putting lovely modifiers on Altars of Summoning. So far we've had Attrition, Grounded, and now Togetherness. Altars feels like a genuinely fun activity that they insist on constantly ruining with negative modifiers that add nothing to the experience :argh:

Imagine if you could pick modifiers like you do with difficulty, with more difficulties giving better rewards. I have no idea how that would work with matchmaking but it'd be fun for non matchmade stuff. Being able to do a delta 0 difficulty, but with a ridiculous amount of modifiers would be hilarious.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine if you could pick modifiers like you do with difficulty, with more difficulties giving better rewards. I have no idea how that would work with matchmaking but it'd be fun for non matchmade stuff. Being able to do a delta 0 difficulty, but with a ridiculous amount of modifiers would be hilarious.

a difficulty that can be modified to suit the player's tastes???? destiny 2 has never had such a system before.......................................

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Now that I know tier 3 doesn't give better rewards I'm really wondering what's the point.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

el B posted:

But bungie wants you to have a meaningful experience.

I had one. Forsaken was excellent.

Wait what year is it? Wow.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

Now that I know tier 3 doesn't give better rewards I'm really wondering what's the point.

If your team is good enough to clear them consistently, it makes the bar fill slightly faster.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Idiot trap

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, pretty sure rank 3 alters is just there so that one guardian rank 6 guy can dunk them when there's 10% progress left to go.

Was kind of funny, the other day I got a bit annoyed that the rank 6 guy was just insta dunking the tier 3s and then clearly barely pulling his weight, so I just focused on getting kills for my ex dris catalyst, ignoring the objective, and it actually kind of worked out well since the 3rd guy had lots of room to do the objective lol. (Carrying those stupid solar crystals around)

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
It’s funny how sometimes “imma just gently caress off and kill dudes because it’s fun” can be a legitimate help to the team instead of focusing on the objective.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, people always make fun of the "I'll be add clear!" guy, but especially in recent content uncontrolled hordes of adds are a major problem that has to be dealt with. Snipers plus light handicap is a major pain and any large group of enemies can kill you just by laying down that much fire

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, pretty sure rank 3 alters is just there so that one guardian rank 6 guy can dunk them when there's 10% progress left to go.

Was kind of funny, the other day I got a bit annoyed that the rank 6 guy was just insta dunking the tier 3s and then clearly barely pulling his weight, so I just focused on getting kills for my ex dris catalyst, ignoring the objective, and it actually kind of worked out well since the 3rd guy had lots of room to do the objective lol. (Carrying those stupid solar crystals around)

Speaking of which it's nice that you don't have to have the actual weapon on you for the "calibrations"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is there an issue with the arcana perk that is supposed to give you a deepsight weapon when you use a key in legendary Sav's tower? I completed a legendary tower, used a key, and got two drops of a weapon whose pattern wasn't complete, neither of which had deepsight.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Paracelsus posted:

Is there an issue with the arcana perk that is supposed to give you a deepsight weapon when you use a key in legendary Sav's tower? I completed a legendary tower, used a key, and got two drops of a weapon whose pattern wasn't complete, neither of which had deepsight.

I had the same thing happen. No idea if it's a bug with implementation or if tool tip person didn't describe it correctly.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

E: I wonder if something in general is wrong, because for the last two seasons, keys, even without any upgrades, gave either a deepsight (knockout) or "high' stat armor. This season they don't seem to have that effect.

That said, the rate at which you get engrams seems to be generous enough that I'm basically done with patterns from just opening them as guns and using some of deepsight focuses from the cards.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, people always make fun of the "I'll be add clear!" guy, but especially in recent content uncontrolled hordes of adds are a major problem that has to be dealt with. Snipers plus light handicap is a major pain and any large group of enemies can kill you just by laying down that much fire
I do find it funny that they went a bit overboard in Ghosts of the Deep, the second encounter features a set of mobs that essentially respawns the second they're dead. Certainly by design you can never truly stem the tide of adds in these encounters, but it almost feels funny how Sisyphian that particular bit feels. But yeah, you really feel the effects of good add clear in RoN encounters 3 and 4 and some of these newer seasonals.

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of which it's nice that you don't have to have the actual weapon on you for the "calibrations"
It's been like that for awhile, I thought. The main catalyst quest has two objectives: Do Playlists, and Get Kills with weapon. But yeah, it's nice that you dont need the weapon equipped for the former.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 6, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxyclean posted:

I do find it funny that they went a bit overboard in Ghosts of the Deep, the second encounter features a set of mobs that essentially respawns the second they're dead

That section is hilarious with a sunspot titan, you just create a field of death everywhere and there's a constant stream of enemies spawning, dying, giving you super/ammo, and turning into a new sunspot so it's self-sustaining for as long as you care to hang out in that area

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

E: I wonder if something in general is wrong, because for the last two seasons, keys, even without any upgrades, gave either a deepsight (knockout) or "high' stat armor. This season they don't seem to have that effect.

Definitely didn't work that way for me last season.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

Definitely didn't work that way for me last season.

They specifically called that functionality out in a TWAB, at least for Defiance, and I swear my experience was consistent in Deep. Are you sure you didn't conflate other end of activity drops? Or did you have runs where you spent a key, only got weapons but non deepsights? Cause it's entirely possible you'd get a weapon as a "normal" drop or like a "complete 3 runs" drop, then had armor drop instead of the deepsight gun.

Cause I definitely got plenty of deepsights opening keyed chests last season. This season it's been nearly jack poo poo from keyed chests. Most of my deepsights this season have either been engrams or "bonus" events like killing the shrieker or the ritual disruption thing in alters.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

They specifically called that functionality out in a TWAB, at least for Defiance, and I swear my experience was consistent in Deep. Are you sure you didn't conflate other end of activity drops? Or did you have runs where you spent a key, only got weapons but non deepsights? Cause it's entirely possible you'd get a weapon as a "normal" drop or like a "complete 3 runs" drop, then had armor drop instead of the deepsight gun.

Finished deep dives, had key, opened both chests, got uncompleted seasonal weapon, no deepsight.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

syntaxfunction posted:

That would genuinely be awesome! I'd love to be able to come home from work and do a low stress version of Altars with no modifiers that would still at least give me the new guns, even if it was a lower chance of red border or something to compensate :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at this week's mission dialogue

JOIN ME NEW SISTER WE'LL TURN EVERYTHING RED AND DRINK IN ALL THE TITHES AND PROVE EACH OTHERS EXISTENCE!

WHAT?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO

I like how she was all excited about it until Eris just went gently caress You as loudly and repeatedly as she could. I love the Hive :allears:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Finished deep dives, had key, opened both chests, got uncompleted seasonal weapon, no deepsight.

I specifically unlocked an upgrade that told me "your first key used in a Legend Savathun's Spire will give you a guaranteed deepsight," I went and used a key in Legend Savathun's Spire, didn't get a deepsight. Not sure what's going on here.

That part is probably a bug, but also I'm starting to raise an eyebrow at how deepsights seem to be more difficult to get this season, and with how Bungie has been treating monetization in this game, they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt from me that they're not trying to push people towards using Deepsight Harmonizers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have a Wastelander, Osteo Striga, and an Other Half, so I don't really care about weapon levelling anymore. My Battler has BXR rounds, my Retraced Path torches dudes, so I'm pretty set

I guess I could use a good assault rifle and smg still

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: nope, you tried that.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

I specifically unlocked an upgrade that told me "your first key used in a Legend Savathun's Spire will give you a guaranteed deepsight," I went and used a key in Legend Savathun's Spire, didn't get a deepsight. Not sure what's going on here.

That part is probably a bug, but also I'm starting to raise an eyebrow at how deepsights seem to be more difficult to get this season, and with how Bungie has been treating monetization in this game, they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt from me that they're not trying to push people towards using Deepsight Harmonizers.

From my limited data it looks like red border guns are about 1 in 4 when you turn a Witch's Engram into a random gun on the seasonal bench. That looks like the best way to get your red borders. I'm at 18 total seasonal red borders right now without doing any particular grinding, just turning in whatever Witch's Engrams I've happened to collect.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

having invisible screebs and attrition the first week was a huge turnoff. Do you think they program them randomly or is there just some sicko doing it?

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Even with the changes to bubble it is still absolutely the meta in Fortress. Paired with ACD0 it is so satisfying to watch the enemy team line up to rush in to their doom. I consistently top the leaderboard and win almost every game just because no one plays the objective. It is baffling. I get that slaying out is all most crucible players want to do but considering how vastly different the rep for wins vs losses is I don't get why people don't...try? At all. To win.

Also, a waveframe gl can one-shot the two weaker turrets that drop if placed right.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

going to repost my writeup on "how to beat ward of dawn" since someone is inevitably going to bitch about bubble being useful for once

Kith posted:

JUST TITAN THINGS
  • Peregrine Greaves will kill your target and everyone around them for the low cost of a single Charge Attack. Number one easiest bubble counter.
  • Synthoceps plus Arc's Ballistic Slam will kill any 3+ guardians grouped together. Alternately, use Glaive Melees if you want to be choppy instead.
  • Loreley Splendor makes your Barricades deadly because they also fart out Sunspots, which can shave off that one last hitpoint that Barricades can't. Affectionately called Suicide Splendor because you'll probably die doing it, but you'll most certainly take everyone with you.
  • Armamentarium allowing you to put down double Damage Over Time grenades (Pulse, Vortex, Solar) will be enough to chew through bubble residents. Trickier than most strategies because it's not instant and smart opponents will just walk away, but it's very good at forcing people out of the bubble and guaranteed to kill anyone who remains.
  • Dunemarchers chain lightning pairs very well with grenade damage, but isn't as reliable as other strategies.
  • Stronghold gets an honorable mention because of how much it enables Worldline Zero, but more on that later.
WARLOCK STRATS
  • Contraverse Hold enables you to drop a charged Vortex Grenade that the enemy must get away from or die. Echo of Remnants and Echo of Undermining come highly recommended.
  • Vesper of Radius and Frostpulse still work pretty good together! It's real dumb! Follow up with whatever.
MISC. MISSIVES
gonna be honest with you i don't give a poo poo about hunters so i'm not SUPER familiar with their stuff but i have seen these work for other people so
  • The Bombardiers makes "throw grenade and dodge out" a hell of a lot more effective - basically the "double grenade" strat that Armamentarium has, except much faster and much more reliable.
  • Khepri's Sting is a very good "run in and melee" exotic that will gently caress up everyone inside and make cleanup very easy.
  • Liar's Handshake enables instakill melees if you can get someone to punch you first. Titans are predisposed to punching, so this is fairly likely!
EQUIPMENT IDEAS
  • Witherhoard. That's the entire recommendation. Seriously, just loving use Witherhoard. Hell, it's probably in your loadout already because Fortress is a variant of Control and it's a very popular weapon already. Just walk into the bubble and shoot it at the floor. Stick around in your goo and punch people or throw a grenade afterwards and step out, whatever floats your boat.
  • Dead Messenger gets an honorable mention because a point-blank shot will hit someone with multiple waves, possibly killing them instantly right through their overshield (and giving you one of your own, if you've got the catalyst).
  • Worldline Zero allows you to Tesseract right in and kill people. Possibly multiple times!
  • Deathbringer doesn't even need to be shot inside the bubble, just make it rain purple and everyone inside will die.
  • Parasite gives you a nifty damage bonus for popping yourself with it on top of killing everyone inside. Bonus points if you charge the worm first with a kill prior to firing it!
SUPER GOOD ADVICE
  • Whisper of Fissures will make any Stasis Crystal Spam viciously gently caress up everyone inside of a bubble. This of course goes for Glacier Grenade, but Behemoth's Glaical Quake also does significant amount of work.
  • Thundercrash, Blade Barrage, and Nova Bomb will break the bubble and probably kill everyone inside.
  • Nova Warp is the only reliable non-Stasis super that can clear out bubbles because its attack can be charged.
  • Silence and Squall gets a special shout-out for being extremely loving annoying because the bubble does nothing to keep it out.
IN AND OUT, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
Regardless of what your chosen tactic is, the most important thing to keep in mind is Minimizing Your Exposure. Every moment you spend in the bubble drastically increases your chance of dying or being ineffective! Do not overstay your welcome. Get in, do whatever it is you're aiming to do, and leave.

ONE LAST DISCLAIMER
Ward of Dawn is not just a Super Ability, but one specifically designed for this situation. Even though these tactics CAN beat a bubble, it's not a guarantee that they WILL. There's a lot left up to chance and personal ability, and sometimes you'll do everything correctly and still lose. poo poo happens. Just try again, deaths don't matter in Fortress.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bro why is the exotic I've been using the most this season disabled for two weeks.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Are we waiting for another story event in a future week to get access to a 2nd elemental crystal buff, or is there some other method for doing it? I had presumed that we'd get a 2nd one this week.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Paracelsus posted:

Are we waiting for another story event in a future week to get access to a 2nd elemental crystal buff, or is there some other method for doing it? I had presumed that we'd get a 2nd one this week.

Leaks/Spoilers say that we will get a new attunement every other week, so next week and in three weeks

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

Bro why is the exotic I've been using the most this season disabled for two weeks.

Same bug with Khepri's horn being able to insta-mercy Iron Banner, all of the little fires count as "players" so you can win games with a single super by punching the floor and instantly getting 250 points.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

need ConFin in that Bubble Report

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

Same bug with Khepri's horn being able to insta-mercy Iron Banner, all of the little fires count as "players" so you can win games with a single super by punching the floor and instantly getting 250 points.

Lol

Lmao

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kith posted:

There seems to be an even funnier way of destroying Iron Banner though:

https://twitter.com/Gigz/status/1699403800774373655

Years of asking for sparrow racing back and finally the finger on the monkey's paw curls.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Apparently bungie thinks it's drat funny and is leaving it in for a bit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sparrows should be enabled for any large map. Especially disjunction and cathedral.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It owns, actually.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh yeah, it looks fun as hell and I hope they do an emblem like the lazer tag weekend.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sparrows should be enabled for any large map. Especially disjunction and cathedral.

Maybe not for Rift mode, the carrier being able to zip across the swamp near-instantly would probably be too strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For rift, enable sparrows and also drakes