Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Great episode. Jack Quaid and Tawny Newsome are great individual guests and even better paired. Also the fact there’s a cocktail named after Spagett is really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tawny was such a crackup last time she was on, so happy to see her back on. I haven’t finished the episode yet but I really hope Jack and Tawny “had to go” so they could play characters later in the show.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
If PFT and Lauren ever disappear, I think Threedom could continue with Scott, Tawny, and Jack.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I feel like I’m posting a very controversial opinion here, I like Tawny as a person but I find her characters kind of cringy and don’t find her too funny. She gives off that corny improv vibe more than most people on these shows. It’s put me off Yo Is This Racist a bit as well whenever she tries to do a long bit it doesn’t work for me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If you were wondering what Bob Ducca is up to:

https://twitter.com/aewontv/status/1699498953325334653?s=21&t=8KH0DmuhfCOR2JEdTqW0bw

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Saying "Cole." in the same voice as "Scott."

I would genuinely love to hear Seth Morris do the Bob Ducca take on the "Man of 1004 Holds" routine.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

At least twenty of those holds are hot tub foot.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hot tub foot??

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Shocker on Bonanas for Bonanza today, wherein Danielle reveals the reason behind Bonanza's lack of recurring characters. I, like the hosts, assumed it was due to a certain shoddiness of production where they didn't care to do any long-term worldbuilding. Some of you savvy may have already known this, but learning that it's due to studios loving over actors and writers for residuals definitely changes the tone of that aspect of the show for me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

1. A four part Dickie Donnelly show on the Earwolf Presents feed is something I was totally not expecting so that’s cool

2. On playing it I got a localized ad at the beginning, embedded into the file itself. I’ve never heard that on a podcast before*. I guess they have a bunch of different versions and you get fed the most appropriate one when you stream or download. Huh.

* most of what I listen to is CBB World so maybe this is something that’s been normal in the last few years

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I remember getting a geotargeted ad for a new nearby supermarket at the end of Doughboys episodes for a few months in 2020. A while after that, I got one on an episode of Blank Check for "the area's largest dealer of aftermarket rims," and I swear to you I thought it was a sketch that would turn out to be a comedy podcast ad for like 20 seconds.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I once got an ad for the state of South Dakota. I think it was in a Threedom episode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
After years of getting no ads I now get ads for UK banks and defending the ULEZ. The technology has been there for ages (It's what they named Stitcher after) but the money or connections haven't been.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Dicky Donnelley should be on CCB Presents, that's a CCB character. :colbert:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Comedy Comedy Bang? I don't remember this reference.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Creedence Clearwater Bang, formed from the members of Na Sha Sha.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"Coming up on the show later, we have a woman." [Lily heard laughing nearby.] The best Lily Sullivan character.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

It’s my favorite because I’ve been to Montrose

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Consummate Professional posted:

It’s my favorite because I’ve been to Montrose

And for me it’s because the first time I heard Kayla Dickie, my wife and I were driving through Montrose on a road trip, and we were driving right past a sign for the Judd Wiebe trail when Lily came on that marathon anniversary episode when she was like “We found Judd.”

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm still not sure to what extent Flula Borg is a real person.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Speedboat Jones posted:

And for me it’s because the first time I heard Kayla Dickie, my wife and I were driving through Montrose on a road trip, and we were driving right past a sign for the Judd Wiebe trail when Lily came on that marathon anniversary episode when she was like “We found Judd.”

Wow what a blessed occurrence. Montrose kinda sucks rear end.

And it appears we have the next Scott and Scott series. U springin’ Springsteen on my bean? https://www.earwolf.com/episode/u-springin-springsteen-on-my-bean-greetings-from-ashbury-park-n-j/

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm still not sure to what extent Flula Borg is a real person.

Had I never seen him before, I’d have assumed he was a PFT character (both did voice work for CentaurWorld; coincidence?). But I did see him on something and he didn’t have the trademark PFT mustache, so that theory is dead

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I watched a lot of @midnight when it was on, so I’m pretty familiar with Flula. He’s great.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’m humiliated to say that I didn’t clock the randeez nutz joke until now. I can’t pass the bongdock challenge but I can come close

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's ok, some folks are passing with flying colors:

https://twitter.com/joe_paiz/status/1702091194527060281

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Can’t hear the Joe Rogan podcast playing in the background, as this is just a photo.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Been to this apartment before

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Initially read today's episode as starring Gary Oldman and thought "wow, what a get"

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rick Rubin is a pretty major get though, and no worries about SAG/AFTRA!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I wouldn't put it past, like, half the guests to come on with a character named Gary Old Man, a guy who is just a regular old man named Gary. For some reason Paul Rust is coming to mind for me.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

feedmyleg posted:

I wouldn't put it past, like, half the guests to come on with a character named Gary Old Man, a guy who is just a regular old man named Gary. For some reason Paul Rust is coming to mind for me.

Not silly enough

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

it would be a gemberling character, but we'd never find out what his deal is

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I liked that Gary referenced the Jay Leno tonight show money bit.

Rick Rubins 'nude with sock' is also a very silly line.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And here I am still wondering if the tailpipe is a butthole, a penis, or the mouth.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"Do you remember the guy who played Jerry on Seinfeld?" is a very Scott joke for someone who's not Scott to say. No wonder he likes this guy.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Squishy posted:

"Do you remember the guy who played Jerry on Seinfeld?" is a very Scott joke for someone who's not Scott to say. No wonder he likes this guy.

The titular Seinfeld!?

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Another week, another old actress in C block.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If I were any good at photoshop I’d take the album cover to Big Black’s “Songs About loving” and change it to “Hugs Between Friends”

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Speedboat Jones posted:

If I were any good at photoshop I’d take the album cover to Big Black’s “Songs About loving” and change it to “Hugs Between Friends”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Amazing!!!