Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
We'll let you harass 10%. For a little treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Congratulations! You have scored 90% on the Ant-Harassment Training for Supervisors and Managers - Non-State Specific: Pre-test

This content is not eligible for testing out based on score. Click the "Start Course" button to continue.

I missed one on our last round due to answering 'under no circumstances' to the question 'when is it appropriate for a supervisor to compliment a subordinate's clothing''

Apparently the libertines up at the French mothership aren't that strict and it's 'sometimes'

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

I missed one on our last round due to answering 'under no circumstances' to the question 'when is it appropriate for a supervisor to compliment a subordinate's clothing''

Apparently the libertines up at the French mothership aren't that strict and it's 'sometimes'

Lol. The one I missed was "What are the business implications and losses associated with workplace harassment?" Two of the plausible answers were "missed work/absenteeism" or "loss of productivity".

I'm letting the videos run now, and apparently it's "loss of productivity"! Glad I know how wrong I was.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

"Hey that's a cool hat" is actually fine in nearly all circumstances.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Trapick posted:

We all have to wear these deeply unfashionable bump caps so anyone saying that would be referred to HR for irony poisoning

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Trapick posted:

Don't say that about a yamaka

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
There's a big difference between saying something like:

"I like the pattern of that shirt"

And:

"You look good in that shirt"

Or even worse:

"You fill that shirt out nicely"

The first is a remark about the item which is fine. The second and third are you remarking on the person's appearance which is bad.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Motronic posted:

Congratulations! You have scored 90% on the Ant-Harassment Training for Supervisors and Managers - Non-State Specific: Pre-test

This content is not eligible for testing out based on score. Click the "Start Course" button to continue.

Well maybe you shouldn't loving harass ants.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just got assigned a "Security Awareness" training and the email has a bunch of ugly links in it etc, should flag it for phishing :haw:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

I'm letting the videos run now, and apparently it's "loss of productivity"! Glad I know how wrong I was.
lol how about “massive loving liability”

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

J&J had a corporate training (one of those "don't steal or give away our secrets" sorts of trainings) where they had the question posed as a thermometer with a 0-10 scale and the question vaguely worded as an "It's OK to do __________, how strongly do you agree?"

They could've made it a true/false, because 1 through 9 were never the right answer and the computer was grading it as a test. "How strongly do you agree that corporate trade secrets are an important part of our culture and define our future as an organization?" "7." "Sorry, the answer was 10."

That sort of thing.

quote:

lol how about “massive loving liability”

Yeah seriously. Screw productivity on that one - you're getting sued.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sundae posted:

Yeah seriously. Screw productivity on that one - you're getting sued.

Several of the question have been this type of missing the forest for the trees type stuff, with reasonably correct but wholly inadequate answers. It's like someone just randomly scrubbed through the videos and picked the thing they just said and wrote a question around that with no real understanding of the context or content.

It's just amazing how poorly made most of these "trainings" are.

And let's be serious......not a single person has ever changed their mind nor behavior because of any of these mandatory trainings. They are 100% checkbox items.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Motronic posted:

They are 100% checkbox items.

❌ they have a purpose!

That purpose is corporate rear end-covering

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

knox_harrington posted:

❌ they have a purpose!

That purpose is corporate rear end-covering
Thats what he's saying. HR is getting a checkbox that they had people do the mandatory rear end-covering training checked.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Upper management let the contract run out on our training system without securing a replacement, so now all training is "read this PDF/PPT and check a box saying you did so." This is one area where budget cuts are a good thing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

tactlessbastard posted:

I would've got that wrong too but mostly because I would've stopped reading at the word "appropriate" and slammed that never button.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Lockback posted:

Don't say that about a yamaka

:bravo:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

SpartanIvy posted:

There's a big difference between saying something like:

"I like the pattern of that shirt"

And:

"You look good in that shirt"

Or even worse:

"You fill that shirt out nicely"

The first is a remark about the item which is fine. The second and third are you remarking on the person's appearance which is bad.

END OF UNIT QUIZ: Rank these comments by order of workplace propriety:

(_) "I like the pattern of that shirt."
(_) "You look good in that shirt."
(_) "That shirt looks good on you."
(_) "You fill that shirt out nicely."
(_) "That shirt is a shirt."
(_) "I like how the fit of your shirt distracts me from your rear end."
(_) "That shirt doesn't match our dress code. Take it off now, in this unused conference room."
(_) "That shirt would look good on the floor of a Motel 6."

Sorry, but the correct answer was MySQL Error 23109; Container Does Not Exist.

Yes, the radio buttons are intentional.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats what he's saying. HR is getting a checkbox that they had people do the mandatory rear end-covering training checked.

I've had to do Anti Money Laundering training before and over half of the questions on the final test took the form of "What year was [specific law/regulation] passed" or "What specific law/regulation was passed in [year]". You know. Questions that are absolutely useless for determining whether people have learned how to recognize suspicious behavior, and therefore actually do anything to help prevent money laundering, but are fine for ticking the "Your company must implement an AML training program and apply it annually" regulatory checkbox.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Working at a financial institution I have like 25-30 compliance training courses I have to take every year. Thankfully they started letting us test out of them.

I’m an IT guy but I guess it’s very important I know about terrorist financing and money laundering.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

skipdogg posted:

Working at a financial institution I have like 25-30 compliance training courses I have to take every year. Thankfully they started letting us test out of them.

I’m an IT guy but I guess it’s very important I know about terrorist financing and money laundering.

It kinda is as people like to get around those regulations and the idea is at whatever level you should recognize whats going on.

I had a customer service rep ask me, in Slack, if I would be able to help because a sales guy asked to setup a VPN for a client in Syria (which is country you cannot do business with/in due to executive order). I had to tell the service dude that, no, I did not feel like breaking federal law today and that could they please refrain from asking me somewhere like Slack where everything is written down and subject to a subpeona?

(Also, I am not loving setting up a private VPN for a client, what software company is doing that??)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

priznat posted:

I just got assigned a "Security Awareness" training and the email has a bunch of ugly links in it etc, should flag it for phishing :haw:

Every email your work sends you is in a sense, phishing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

skipdogg posted:

you'd be impressed at how stupid people with purchase authority can be

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Renegret posted:

How many times can I mention that I'd love to ctrl+x a C level before I get fired?

Let's find out

:doit:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Aww, the director of our department has a heart after all.

Me: "Hey, we have a 9AM 1-on-1 tomorrow. Is that in-person or on phone?"
Director: "I guess depends. Are you on site?"
Me: "Yes, but what time depends on this meeting. If you want 9AM in-person, I catch the 6:30 bus to be there on time. If you don't, I call you from the 9AM bus."
Director: "Why not catch something in between those?"
Me: "There aren't any. 5:50, 6:30, 9:00. That's all that exists on my line."
Director: "How long would you be at work before the meeting on that 6:30?"
Me: "It'd get me there 7:15ish."
Director: "That is ridiculous. Call me from the bus. What a rubbish bus route."
Me: :3:

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Sundae posted:

( ) Nice shirt. Did you get a free bowl of soup with that shirt? Looks good on you though

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

skipdogg posted:

My favorite was the "Know Your Customer" course that's clearly intended for tellers because it's all about recognizing patterns in how the customer deposits money or transfers money to others.

Meanwhile I was in loss forecasting that has absolutely nothing to do with deposits or transfers and is about as far away from customers as you can get.

Now my favorite is the "Workplace Violence" course that tells you to hide if your coworker's estranged husband comes to the office with a gun. Really makes me glad to be back in the office.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Deadite posted:

My favorite was the "Know Your Customer" course that's clearly intended for tellers because it's all about recognizing patterns in how the customer deposits money or transfers money to others.

Meanwhile I was in loss forecasting that has absolutely nothing to do with deposits or transfers and is about as far away from customers as you can get.

Now my favorite is the "Workplace Violence" course that tells you to hide if your coworker's estranged husband comes to the office with a gun. Really makes me glad to be back in the office.

Lol I worked treasury back office at a bank hedging mortgage servicing rights and other stuff and I remember doing those trainings and being like uh there's like 3 people between me and a customer.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sundae posted:

(_) "I like the pattern of that shirt."
(_) "You look good in that shirt."
(_) "That shirt looks good on you."
(_) "You fill that shirt out nicely."
(_) "That shirt is a shirt."
(_) "I like how the fit of your shirt distracts me from your rear end."
(_) "That shirt doesn't match our dress code. Take it off now, in this unused conference room."
(_) "That shirt would look good on the floor of a Motel 6."

Sorry, but the correct answer was MySQL Error 23109; Container Does Not Exist.

Yes, the radio buttons are intentional.

We did have a contractor once tell an employee he really liked her finger nails. He then did go on to elaborate that he’d really like to see them dug into his back.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

We did have a contractor once tell an employee he really liked her finger nails. He then did go on to elaborate that he’d really like to see them dug into his back.

I hope he ended up fired/blacklisted like a visiting vendor technician did at our site after he commented to one of our male operators that the only time [female engineer on my team] should open her mouth is to put a dick in it. We kicked him off company property instantly, informed his manager, and told our biz rep with them that unless they wanted to lose our entire contract, the dude never gets sent to our site again.

(Alternative acceptable answer: He turns around to walk away and she leaves a nasty scar on his back because she's actually a werewolf. I'd accept that too.)

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

pseudanonymous posted:

Lol I worked treasury back office at a bank hedging mortgage servicing rights and other stuff and I remember doing those trainings and being like uh there's like 3 people between me and a customer.

I get to do them too and none of my customers even handle cash I don’t think? The bulk of them are getting like 5-7 figure wires or ACHs.

The most annoying part of all of these trainings is that the dates/timelines for reporting or doing whatever are just totally arbitrary and random. Some poo poo is like 3 days, some is 90, some is due by a specific day for the whole prior year. I’ve been doing them all for a decade and still have to look up reporting timelines. Meanwhile I’ve never handled (or seen) any actual bank cash, or done a SAR or CTR, and it’s been ~7 years since I’ve dealt with a fraud alert.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Sundae posted:

I hope he ended up fired/blacklisted like a visiting vendor technician did at our site after he commented to one of our male operators that the only time [female engineer on my team] should open her mouth is to put a dick in it. We kicked him off company property instantly, informed his manager, and told our biz rep with them that unless they wanted to lose our entire contract, the dude never gets sent to our site again.

(Alternative acceptable answer: He turns around to walk away and she leaves a nasty scar on his back because she's actually a werewolf. I'd accept that too.)
lol that's the way you handle that poo poo.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Yeah the finance/AML training is a pain because it comes up every year and sometimes has specific rule codes in it that you're just not going to know. We used to make contractors do it as well. Love to burn that day rate in clicking buttons.

And there's *always* an answer that makes no sense, the best was that "no, terrorist financiers do not disguise the source of funds" err yeah pretty sure they do?

Also the examples that all assume you get phoned up by randos saying it's very important to "transfer this money to Russia but don't tell anyone and make it look like it was someone else, is this suspicious y/n?"

Anyway, did someone say compliance training????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTYa4HbzLQ

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
They updated ours a couple of years ago to make open references to Ozark.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I just did a training where it was very broad and generic but they got into like extreme minutia on the final quiz.

Like, you just spent two hours on ‘err on the side of caution, obey the law’, the right answer on the first question probably shouldn’t be ‘actually, if you think about it, its not technically a crime.’

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

in a well actually posted:

Like, you just spent two hours on ‘err on the side of caution, obey the law’, the right answer on the first question probably shouldn’t be ‘actually, if you think about it, its not technically a crime.

Yeah, HR really hosed up. This part is supposed to be done verbally so there's no trail that can come up during discovery

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every time I have to do my annual security training (and I have to do a lot of it) I always fail the pre-tests because I'm way stricter about security than the test and therefore I am wrong.

No, I don't give a poo poo about what I'm allowed to say over social media. I don't have any public social media.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh mine is genuinely "dont say anything, don't see anything, don't hear anything" so choosing the most draconian answer is always correct.

Can I post to social media? Only with legal affairs permission.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

In honor of cybersecurity awareness month, we just got an email sign up for a phishing awareness campaign. You get prizes for reporting phishing emails and can redeem for small prizes.

I reported the email as a phish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Anyway, did someone say compliance training????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTYa4HbzLQ

I’ve done that.