Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

facepalmolive posted:

So which one is the tankiest SU path? Abundance? Or like, destruction when <40% hp or dumb shenanigans like that?

Abundance is useful for the bosses that like debuffs, but for pure tankiness, Preservation wins if you have Gepard. I had a character with 43k shields during the final boss fight on level 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kafkas talent is low priority you can leave it at 6 til later. You absolutely need 10 on her ult and as high lvl as possible otherwise you'll do no damage

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Like it's not a 'I'll keep it at 9 just because,' no, look at the jump in number from 9 to 10, you 100% need 10 ult on her

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Same with sampos talent and Lucas skill

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Zurai posted:

Man, y'all ain't joking about the Swarm Disaster difficulty. The upgraded elites are nasty and level 4 Kafka just kicked my rear end.

The higher difficulties should get more manageable once the Communing Trail thing gets filled up some, we're all basically playing the mode underlevelled right now.

If you wanna clear D4/5 early you're probably forced to take Preservation or Abundance to even survive.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

Like it's not a 'I'll keep it at 9 just because,' no, look at the jump in number from 9 to 10, you 100% need 10 ult on her

Holy poo poo, thank you for this because I decided to pull Kafka with like 3 days to spare so no, I did not look at her ult. Well I know where my next day+ of stam is going.

Walla posted:

The characters I'm still tracing are Kafka at 6/6/6 for skill/talent/ult, Luka at 3/5/5/5 because he does use his basic, and Sampo at 4/4/4/4. I also need to do Sampo's A6, but I already did Luka's and Kafka's. I also have some secondary traces for everyone, but I'm not prioritizing the level 75 and 80 traces for anyone just yet.

Okay, by 'I'm working on traces' I thought you meant you were trying to get 10/10/10/10 and full side traces on everybody. Like I said 8, but 8 is kinda the (generally speaking, with exceptions e.g. above) minimum where you can work on other things for a bit, and then you can come back to finish off your favorites. You're just spread too thin, man.

Build Luka/Sampo if you like them, but if you're building them for Kafka, from what I've been reading, Kafka/Tingyun/Asta apparently clears faster than with either. (I personally didn't build either because Kafka/Tingyun/Asta let me use units I already had.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Futaba Anzu posted:

Same with sampos talent and Lucas skill

Sampo's ult is also a candidate for "get it to 10 as soon as is feasible", to ratchet up the DoT increase.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

blizzardvizard posted:

The higher difficulties should get more manageable once the Communing Trail thing gets filled up some, we're all basically playing the mode underlevelled right now.

If you wanna clear D4/5 early you're probably forced to take Preservation or Abundance to even survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh11MVkZEA8

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the swarm grids are fun, feels a lot more involved than the regular one with more choices.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
So the Deer's head attack thing sure does a lot of damage in the swarm SU. Am I doing something wrong where you are supposed to interrupt it, or even at level 3 is it expected to take over half the hp from soft level 80 characters.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

So the Deer's head attack thing sure does a lot of damage in the swarm SU. Am I doing something wrong where you are supposed to interrupt it, or even at level 3 is it expected to take over half the hp from soft level 80 characters.

Does it have the adds still up, I think that buffs the damage, but it also hits hard by default and everything hits harder in Swarm than anywhere else.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

facepalmolive posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you for this because I decided to pull Kafka with like 3 days to spare so no, I did not look at her ult. Well I know where my next day+ of stam is going.

basically like for most characters you should focus on her ult and skill. don't bother upgrading her normal attack unless you have mats and credits to spare just to make things look tidy (i will get around doing it eventually)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

playing the swarm stuff with Starship Troopers in the background

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boredsatellite posted:

basically like for most characters you should focus on her ult and skill. don't bother upgrading her normal attack unless you have mats and credits to spare just to make things look tidy (i will get around doing it eventually)

yeah it's just a consideration to make for kafka because her skill scaling is actually not linear and just has a weirdly massive jump from 9 to 10. a lot of other characters generally have relatively linear scaling on their stuff so it's not as eminently important to hit 10 on them

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

it was funny, i was farming mats (since I impulse rolled for kafka) and then had to stop at level 9. Decided to check the numbers then and did a double take.

Like lmao what

anyway always best to max out traces on chars instead of spreading them out. like they make a massive difference

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 7, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

S

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
No-pulls MoC 10 guy released a day 1 swarm guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_m8G80MYk

tl;dw: Enemies hit too hard, go Remembrance, bring units that hit in true AoE as often as possible to trigger the freeze/dissociation as often as possible. Dissociation does 30% of the enemy's max hp as damage every time it's triggered.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
The same thing everyone was doing in early SU days, will balance out as we get farther into the Buffs I bet.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Anyone collected the lore books from the Aurum alley? It had a very interesting thing about the Aeons which really makes this Swarm event lore more interesting. Whoever is on the writing team obviously got some inspiration from King of Dragonpass or some other Glorantha settings.

Speaking of the Swarm, I'm hating the challenge. It's obviously all made for DHIL if you pulled him. Its impossible to achieve the secondary goal without him. I've tried to use Yukong for the barrel challenge and Natasha for the Trotter challenge but their attack animation just simply take too long. I just don't see how it's possible to get the maximum rewards without DHIL

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Kafka crushes the trotter challenge because her skill is a gigantic football field sized aoe.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dragon Dan can use his technique then zip around endlessly to get them all too which is funny.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NeonPunk posted:

Speaking of the Swarm, I'm hating the challenge. It's obviously all made for DHIL if you pulled him. Its impossible to achieve the secondary goal without him. I've tried to use Yukong for the barrel challenge and Natasha for the Trotter challenge but their attack animation just simply take too long. I just don't see how it's possible to get the maximum rewards without DHIL

I've maxed out both using Kafka. Her technique hits an enormous radius.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Seele stealth into Kafka lets you sneak into the centre of them then nail them all with Kafka’s lasers.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does himeko work the same way or no?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Jabor posted:

Does himeko work the same way or no?

Himeko doesn't actually attack with her technique.

But you guys are kinda getting to the point I'm trying to make. A challenge should be based off your skills and tune it to a generic 4 star character that everyone will get, not to tune it to a specific 5 star character that not everyone will get

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I mean yeah it sucks and it's badly designed, I was just suggesting an alternative since a lot of people pulled for Kafka.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is Swarm time limited or a permanent addition? I'm still futzing around grinding relics and stuff.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Permanent.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

One thing I find kinda funny is that in a meta way the game engine is a huge help in fighting those swarms because if there wasn't any limitations, we would immediately get totally overwhelmed by them, which is kinda exactly what happened when the Swarm overtook the universe back then

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Proof that the universe didn't really need divine intervention from the Aeons. It just needed a hard-coded limit of six enemies at a time.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

NeonPunk posted:

Haven’t got to the barrels yet but I managed both rewards on my first try at the trotter challenge with Pela. Having a big AoE or ranged attack with a fast animation does seem to be something of a requirement, which I’m not too keen on.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
So does anyone know what the Trailblaze Secrets do? I got one that kept giving me choices that were highlighted with the symbols for different paths, but selecting them didn't have any immediate observable effect that I noticed.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

Haven’t got to the barrels yet but I managed both rewards on my first try at the trotter challenge with Pela. Having a big AoE or ranged attack with a fast animation does seem to be something of a requirement, which I’m not too keen on.

As long as some common 4* characters are good for these challenges, then I don't think there's an issue. They do consistently put downloaders before those challenges, so you can specifically add a character for handling them. Personally I think they're really neat, but I do think they need some more characters who can handle them well.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

facepalmolive posted:

No-pulls MoC 10 guy released a day 1 swarm guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_m8G80MYk

tl;dw: Enemies hit too hard, go Remembrance, bring units that hit in true AoE as often as possible to trigger the freeze/dissociation as often as possible. Dissociation does 30% of the enemy's max hp as damage every time it's triggered.

Remembrance is great until the final boss who has like 150% freeze resistance. You can lower that to "technically freezable" with the various Blessings, but it's still unreliable ime.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

just implant some freeze resistance removing juice with pela and/or silver wolf bing bong so simple

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Clarste posted:

Remembrance is great until the final boss who has like 150% freeze resistance. You can lower that to "technically freezable" with the various Blessings, but it's still unreliable ime.

Check out the Dreamy video posted earlier. It's reliable if you get the disassociation break effect blessing and upgrade it.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

You still need a ridiculous high EHR to freeze them, something like 400% to reliably hit them

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I got literally one away from maxing out the trotter challenge with just Bronya ranged attacks and I didn’t even do the best job, so it’s definitely doable without DHIL/Kafka

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

NeonPunk posted:

You still need a ridiculous high EHR to freeze them, something like 400% to reliably hit them

Not with the upgraded break effect disassociation blessing. It ignores freeze resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Izzhov posted:

Not with the upgraded break effect disassociation blessing. It ignores freeze resistance.

Right, but you still need to break them in the first place. If you're doing it on difficulty 5 without building up your skill tree, you want to freeze them at all time or you'll just get a game over from the constant assault