Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Good, I'm glad you didn't get all those bruises from the democratic-run city then. Must be a safe place :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Wait...what? What is anything supposed to represent in this cartoon? Why is the fake electors a walker? Who is the grandma getting murdered?

:psyduck:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jackbooted fascism is when people who knowingly sign false documents get charged with fraud.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Electors are usually old people, the kind of old people that like to get involved at polling stations etc

So this is an attempt to paint a fake elector - whose agenda is to steal an election - as a weak vulnerable and above all innocent person being brutally oppressed by those meddling kids, the Law

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Alternate electors" has very strong "alternative facts" energy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Some of these defenses are amazing

quote:

John Haggard, 82, was one of the plaintiffs in a frivolous lawsuit that tried to overturn the 2020 results in Michigan. The lawsuit was dismissed and the lawyers who brought it were sanctioned by a judge. He served as a legitimate Trump elector from Michigan in 2016, when Trump narrowly won the state. Regarding the fake electors plot, he told CNN last year, “We signed papers that said we won the election. And the numbers said we didn’t. I guess we don’t have the right to say we won. Apparently our attorney general doesn’t believe in freedom of speech.” He is an Army veteran, according to his lawyer.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Does Branco's comic count as aiding and supporting seditionists?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Christ, I don't even know where to start with this mess. It's like what's left in the bottom of the meme barrel once you've taken out all the serious poo poo.

I'm a couple weeks late to this one, but there's some hidden racism in this strip; "Squaw" is a slur for Native American women. Now, Kamala isn't Native, but she is Indian-American, and I believe Ishida heard "Indian" and decided to be multiple flavors of racist at once. :shepface:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"i thought this was america" rear end defense

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm a couple weeks late to this one, but there's some hidden racism in this strip; "Squaw" is a slur for Native American women. Now, Kamala isn't Native, but she is Indian-American, and I believe Ishida heard "Indian" and decided to be multiple flavors of racist at once. :shepface:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)
eh, it's pretty concealed, "quietest dogwhistle" maybe? you have to know the artist is a bigot to know they're being bigoted.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Wikipedia posted:

The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right fake news website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.

If this is where Branco gets his news, this all makes WAY too much sense.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Say It Ain't So, Robinette

Quote same as in cartoon.

I did a little investigating into this to get some context, and it's not really a new story. Pretty much everyone has an 'alias' email account that's 'secret' in the sense that it's not known to the public. The reason is obvious if you think about it - anyone can send an email to Barack.Obama@whitehouse.gov, so having a work email that isn't constantly flooded is necessary. These emails are known to the government and are covered under FOIA requests, so this isn't really even comparable to the Hillary Clinton email server.

As for the accusations of an implied threat or shakedown, it doesn't really hold up. The email being talked about is Biden's schedule during a trip to Ukraine that was forwarded to Hunter Biden, but it also covered the anniversary of Beau Biden's death and a family gathering at Biden's Delaware home. There really isn't anything more nefarious here than "Joe Biden sent his son his travel schedule from his work email" despite the framing from the House investigation.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Guavanaut posted:

"Alternate electors" has very strong "alternative facts" energy.

Yes, "alternate electors" is a pro-Jan 6 insurrection dogwhistle that's been circulating ever since Jan 6 happened. Unbiased news/commentaries will say "false electors" or "fake electors" when referring to the Jan 6 insurrection.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i like the idea that once you reach a certain age crime should be legal

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

InsertPotPun posted:

i like the idea that once you reach a certain age crime should be legal

If you look at it the right way, it sort of is.

I mean, if I'm 80 years old and go do a crime, big whoop if they put me in jail. I could die at any minute. I'm not gonna be serving any consecutive life sentences.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Skios posted:

Mike Luckovich

We can't impound that tank. We need it to rot with the rest of our surplus tanks.

Yeah I know this isn't actually about military spending.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the changes to windfarm planning policy in England – The de facto ban on building onshore wind sites has been lifted, but experts say they remain at the whims of ‘quixotic decisions by local councils’"

Telegraph:

Kim Jong-un to travel to Russia for possible arms deal

Matt:

:sun: UK weather: Mini-heatwave to cause 'tropical nights' in British first for September :supaburn:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Gillian Keegan caught saying ‘everyone else has sat on arse’ over concrete crisis

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

David Squires:

Extra Bonus! Found this on Bluesky, by Keith Stack, thought Big Thread might appreciate it:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I can't let a terrible George Floyd reference go without a Kellies nomination: Worst Overall.

At least I think that's what the intent was. The AG isn't using her knee to choke the old lady, but that might just be because Branco is stupid.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

RESIST YOU MUST!
Cartoon published 09/06/2023

You don’t need to be a Jedi warrior to sense something disturbing when it comes to mandatory masks and vaccinations. The tyrants on the Dark Side know that if they can control our bodies, they can control everything.

It starts with the masks. Joe Biden has already said it’s time to mask up once again. As Leo Hoffmann wrote, “It’s critical to understand that the mask has become a powerful symbol of the elite’s ability to snuff out individual freedom wherever it exists.”

Biden is such a freedom snuffer. (In addition to being a kid sniffer). He knows he can’t beat Trump in a fair election, therefore he and his handlers will conduct a Covid rerun complete with manufactured fear, mask mandates, social distancing, mandated vaccines, and plenty of fraudulent ballots marked for Joe and sent via snail mail and drop boxes. We all know Biden is a crook—of course he’ll try to steal the 2024 election again.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

It has been established by scientific research that cloth masks do nothing but interfere with breathing. Even Fauci admitted that, but then he changed his mind and endorsed them. Then he ordered people to wear two masks. The sadistic little man must have chuckled over that abusive escapade.

The masks and vaccines are not about protecting our health. They instead help establish the Dark Side’s dominion over us.

Masks are about obedience. They’re about dehumanizing us. Wearing a mask emboldens the Dark Side to take more—including our lives.

We know the Covid virus was manufactured in Communist China. It was a bioweapon that US taxpayers funded—thanks to the lying so-called ‘Dr.’ Fauci. He has done a lot of harm. He and his cronies such as Pfizer and Bill Gates got a lot richer during the pandemic. If the opportunity presents itself, make sure you shower Fauci with plenty of loud boos.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

We know green energy Joe wants us to give up electric stoves, dishwashers, gas-powered lawn mowers, and even ceiling fans. Giving up those things will only condition us to give up really important stuff—such as food. The Dark Side doesn’t want us to eat meat—they want us to eat bugs. Schwab hates fashion. He wants to stamp out individuality and humanity by forcing us all to wear the same drab stuff. He wants us to be uniformly uniformed drones, whom he can completely control.

Those on the Dark Side pretend to be our friends as they destroy us. They accomplish this by means of generating fear. The weather always changes. Now they call it ‘climate crisis’ and use it against us. (“It’s hot—climate crisis! “It’s cold—climate crisis!”) Hurricanes and forest fires—everything is now due to climate crisis, formerly known as ‘climate change’ and before that, ‘global warming.’ The rich can afford ‘carbon credits.’ They will continue to enjoy life while most people will be forced to give up travel,

Donate $25 Support Ben’s work

The common cold and flu were commonplace since humans began walking the Earth. They are now used by the Dark Side to generate fear—all designed to get us to wear masks and accept dangerous jabs and endless boosters. A cold 10 years ago was no big deal. Try going to a store nowadays unmasked and with a cold. The mask freaks will look at you as if you were trying to murder them. Things that were once acknowledged to be common maladies such as chicken pox and measles are now treated as the Bubonic Plague.

The Dark Side warps everything. Science was based on questioning and debate. Now it’s based on authoritarians. The Dark Side IS science. Or so they tell us. Good is seen as evil, and evil good. Do you want to protect children from sexual mutilation, dangerous vaccines, and harmful masks? You will be smeared as an evil doer and be subjected to harassment by the actual evil doers. You might lose your job or your bank account for doing good. The Dark Side always pushes fear to make you cave. If you caved during the first planned-demic, here is your chance to make amends. Don’t give in this time!

As Yoda said, “Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.” May that luminous force be with you.

— Ben Garrison

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Wait is this still a problem, I thought all the libtards who took the vaccine died already, shouldn't Trump get 100% of the vote now that only patriotic blond pureblood nuclear families are left alive?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

At least I think that's what the intent was. The AG isn't using her knee to choke the old lady, but that might just be because Branco is stupid.

Given that just a few weeks ago, Branco busted out an actual George Floyd reference (with Trump being the one with the knee on his neck), I think in this case Branco knows exactly what he's doing.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDVHs-juPo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

love to see jingoism from both sides

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There's not really any jingoism involved; Tuberville's blocks are genuinely harmful on a large scale.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

There's not really any jingoism involved; Tuberville's blocks are genuinely harmful on a large scale.

Harming the American Empire is good though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Such as...?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Well, no one is currently officially in charge of the Army, Navy, or Marines because the Senate has to advise and consent on promotions to a certain level.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australian MPs to lobby US to drop Julian Assange prosecution or risk ‘very dangerous’ precedent for Russia and China (Guardian).

Rowe:

Indigenous leader Dr. Marcia Langton spoke at the National Press Club about the Voice. Marcia Langton warns no vote in voice referendum could be ‘mandate to cause us even further harm’ (Guardian). Meanwhile the Opposition are using this session of government to attack the government over their decision to block the expansion of Qatar Airways and supporting pharmacy owners in pushing back against doubling the length of prescriptions to 60 days for some medications at the same price.

Le Lievre:

Wilcox:

NSW to enter talks to extend life of Eraring, Australia's largest coal-fired power station (Guardian).

Spooner:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Whining about Tuberville from either side is incredibly dumb. Democrats control the senate! They don't have to let him do this! Establishment Republicans could also stop him whenever they want by making a deal with Democrats if they're to :decorum:-brained to take care of it themselves!

Hmm seems like a bad idea to leave a bunch of top military spots open in case the guy who asked the military to do a coup two years ago gets elected next year and can install a spanking new top military brass personally loyal to him all at once, but I suppose the :decorum: of letting a single senator in the minority control whether confirmations happen is more important.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 7, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

what

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco
Getting punished for trying and failing to rig a democratic election in your favor is exactly like the time these other, bad guys tried and succeeded in rigging a democratic election in their favor then punished the losers

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

australia's economy is strongly linked to china on the back of coal and iron ore exports. the chinese economy is a bubble, and not an iceberg. the liberals (small l) are so dumb and goddamn crazy that they wish it was an iceberg that would destroy australia's coal and iron exports

a dumb cartoon

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Glazius posted:

Well, no one is currently officially in charge of the Army, Navy, or Marines because the Senate has to advise and consent on promotions to a certain level.

Oh, how terrible :geno:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh, how terrible :geno:

I think the throughline Chicken Little thought process among the pundits goes: Tuberville holds up all of these promotions until Trump wins, at which point they promote a whole bunch of Trump loyalists who will absolutely do a heckin' coup in 2028 and install Trump as King of America 5ever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

To be fair, that does sound pretty bad, and it's something I hadn't considered. However, it's not what either cartoon is talking about. Who gives a poo poo about "military readiness"?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Mike Peters

Randall Enos

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

Associated Press posted:

A state commission went to work Tuesday on designing a new state flag and seal for Minnesota to replace a current emblem in both that’s considered offensive to Native Americans.

One of the main elements of Minnesota’s state flag includes a prominent state seal against a blue background. The seal depicts a Native American riding off into the sunset while a white settler plows his field with his rifle leaning on a nearby stump. The imagery suggests to many that the Indigenous people were defeated and going away, while whites won and were staying.

David Horsey

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

What is that arm, what is that face?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh, gently caress you.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

The example of "compromise" given is "one of them has this thing, and should give some of it to the one that doesn't"

Which is exactly how Republicans view democratic electoral victories

A Telling Cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Minnesota should change their flag because it's a poo poo-rear end design first and foremost.