Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
so if the azeris and armenians go at it again, its us backed armenians against turkey backed azeris? that seems not so good

they didnt fuckin solve anything in the second nagarno karabakh war, theres prolly gonna be a third one in some years

azeri prez was saying irredentist poo poo literally during their victory parade. "this is what we're gonna do in the next war, lol", basically

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Some very weird poo poo going on at Russia's Southern Military District HQ.

"A fire broke out" is very much a euphemism with random gunfire and bystanders huddling behind cars while the HQ is flaming with grenade sounding explosions.

https://twitter.com/revishvilig/status/1699589993247715710

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Give me 100 dudes and I can take Russia.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

redshirt posted:

Give me 100 dudes and I can take Russia.

Priggy coulda done it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mcvey posted:

Priggy coulda done it

For 20 eggs he would

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can't believe American forced them to do this.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

the popes toes posted:

Some very weird poo poo going on at Russia's Southern Military District HQ.

"A fire broke out" is very much a euphemism with random gunfire and bystanders huddling behind cars while the HQ is flaming with grenade sounding explosions.

https://twitter.com/revishvilig/status/1699589993247715710

a fire broke out, among other things

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

BeefThief posted:

a fire broke out, among other things

Ah, closer look and the bystanders aren't huddling, they're moving a car to be a barricade. So even weirder.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Of course. Cant talk about Russian genocide and civilian murder, can we? Have to call them all Nazis to justify blowing up a marketplace

Tankies are just straight out human shaped dogshit

They were so happy when Prig's plane got shot down because Utkin also got killed, so they didn't have to deal with the inconvenient truth of having an actual loving nazi on their team.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Reporting from Ukraine is showing footage of a UAF FPV drone making a run at a Russian helicopter. Since any helo completely outclasses an FPV drone for speed and maneuverability, they probably released this so RuAF attack helos have to worry about drones if they hover to guide an ATGM. This is an enabler for Ukrainian tanks and just another reminder that any pre-existing rock-paper-scissors relationships have been remade in this war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCwc5D_KAOs

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Putin is a real piece of poo poo

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

weg posted:

After some discussion it has been decided that posting from the POV of "bad Russia" should not give the poster carte blanche to say phrases or slurs that would otherwise lead to punishment. If you're going to try to skirt this rule be aware that even if your post is very funny or makes a very good point it won't exempt you from getting popped for it.

It has been a thread tradition to clown on Russia's bad social policies and injustices and this doesn't need to stop, especially because highlighting the world's ills through a humourous lens is what this forum does very well. I don't want to stop anyone from attempting a joke but please keep in mind that even if you're posting from another perspective it's still you posting the words.

Quoting this once for emphasis.

Occasional hiccup aside, this thread has been doing well, and I want to thank you all. :hfive:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they didnt fuckin solve anything in the second nagarno karabakh war

they settled on the spelling, that ain't nothing.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1699674399526277172
Does it mean you're winning if your vaunted Kupyansk cope offensive went so badly Ukraine is now recapturing positions in the Kreminna forest? asking for a friend

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The thread got a bunch of reports I take it :)

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1699674399526277172
Does it mean you're winning if your vaunted Kupyansk cope offensive went so badly Ukraine is now recapturing positions in the Kreminna forest? asking for a friend

wait what the gently caress? wargonzo is still doing this poo poo? I thought his rear end won some very stupid prizes

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HolHorsejob posted:

wait what the gently caress? wargonzo is still doing this poo poo? I thought his rear end won some very stupid prizes

It turns out no, it wasn't him, but he took a very long time to provide proof of life to the point where the idea he did suffer an unfortunate accident took hold

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It wasn't him but apart from that WarGonzo isn't just Pegov, he's got a team so if he had died, GRU would likely keep the channel going.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1699539692578910417#m
Keep it coming.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mitch saves going wobbly for when he's holding a press conference.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

weg posted:

It has been a thread tradition to clown on Russia's bad social policies and injustices and this doesn't need to stop, especially because highlighting the world's ills through a humourous lens is what this forum does very well. I don't want to stop anyone from attempting a joke but please keep in mind that even if you're posting from another perspective it's still you posting the words.

I would assume that this is a case of:

""Greenland is traditionally a part of Russia, and therefore nuking it to the ground to prevent the perfidious West from getting it was a good decision, plus NATO forced our hand by flying over it", says World's Biggest Clown, Putin" <- still perfectly fine.

"Greenland is traditionally a part of Russia, and eridicating the {load-bearing slurs} from there by nuking it to the ground was a good decision, plus NATO forced our hand by flying over it", says World's Biggest Clown, Putin" <- probe time

If so, this is a good rule. Ironic bigotry is still bigotry, and slurs are still slurs even if you put them in the mouth of a world class shithead like Putin.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As long as "homonazi" is still allowed, I'm ok with it :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I would assume that this is a case of:

""Greenland is traditionally a part of Russia, and therefore nuking it to the ground to prevent the perfidious West from getting it was a good decision, plus NATO forced our hand by flying over it", says World's Biggest Clown, Putin" <- still perfectly fine.

"Greenland is traditionally a part of Russia, and eridicating the {load-bearing slurs} from there by nuking it to the ground was a good decision, plus NATO forced our hand by flying over it", says World's Biggest Clown, Putin" <- probe time

If so, this is a good rule. Ironic bigotry is still bigotry, and slurs are still slurs even if you put them in the mouth of a world class shithead like Putin.

Pretty much this, yeah.

If you know your post would get you into trouble if you posted it without the Russian shtick, just don’t do it.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Putin is a real piece of shtick

But yeah good rule

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/victoriaslog/status/1699407564797002123

Wagner dudes confess having done some ethnic cleansing.
:sigh:

E: Tweet text:
Maksim Zelenov confessed to http://gulagu.net that Russia mass-murdered civilians in Ukrainian villages near Bakhmut and Soledar during the offensive. They murdered everyone there simply because they were Ukrainians. Russian "liberation" is actually ethnic cleansing. He's a former Russian police officer who got into jail for murder, but Putin released him so he could join Wagner and do dirty work for Russian troops in Ukraine. When the area had been "cleansed," the Russian army entered. Russia celebrated massacring Ukrainians and taking Soledar. This is how Russian heroes are born.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

bad_fmr posted:

https://twitter.com/victoriaslog/status/1699407564797002123

Wagner dudes confess having done some ethnic cleansing.
:sigh:

E: Tweet text:
Maksim Zelenov confessed to http://gulagu.net that Russia mass-murdered civilians in Ukrainian villages near Bakhmut and Soledar during the offensive. They murdered everyone there simply because they were Ukrainians. Russian "liberation" is actually ethnic cleansing. He's a former Russian police officer who got into jail for murder, but Putin released him so he could join Wagner and do dirty work for Russian troops in Ukraine. When the area had been "cleansed," the Russian army entered. Russia celebrated massacring Ukrainians and taking Soledar. This is how Russian heroes are born.

But but but...nazis!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cable Guy posted:

"Wastin' away... in Margaritaville..."

(Sorry Jimmy)

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know
this is Simonyan's fault

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tarquinn posted:

Pretty much this, yeah.

If you know your post would get you into trouble if you posted it without the Russian shtick, just don’t do it.

Yeah gotcha, good rule.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1699677624618861018#m
More cluster munitions being sent soon.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Perfidious western nazis committing war crimes against innocent russian troops having a simple and blameless holiday in the donbass :negative:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Hell yeah

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Drone_Fragger posted:

Perfidious western nazis committing war crimes against innocent russian troops having a simple and blameless holiday in the donbass :negative:

Well, it'll be an eternal holiday at any rate. New destination might be too warm for some as go there though. :devil:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

A quick google search says that the population of Phuket is 79,308. If even 10% of those 400k have settled down permanently, they'd have constructed a shanty town half as big as the city.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's like Risk

Russia invades Thailand to regain the troops as an investment to win in Ukraine, also an investment. After they take over Armenia they can trade in cards to have enough troops to take over Turkey and regain all its Russian draft dodgers, and from there they will have enough horses and cannons to retake Alaska

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1699497486010695828?s=20
I hope it includes a lot of IFVs and MRAPs, because Ukraine needs as many of those as they can get

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

it's like Risk

Russia invades Thailand to regain the troops as an investment to win in Ukraine, also an investment. After they take over Armenia they can trade in cards to have enough troops to take over Turkey and regain all its Russian draft dodgers, and from there they will have enough horses and cannons to retake Alaska

If it's like Risk I just camp on Siam and get my bonus Australian armies.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
What's the situation re: grain shipments ?

Last I heard Erdogan was totally gonna send his navy to protect the corridor, Russia pulled some bullshit boarding a boat in the black sea and in between Ukraine may have missiled a russia oil tanker.
Now the news cycle has dropped the topic.

Did putin deliver on his generous offer to deliver 12 (twelve) bags of barely used wheat to Africa ?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

rowkey bilbao posted:

Last I heard Erdogan was totally gonna send his navy to protect the corridor, Russia pulled some bullshit boarding a boat in the black sea and in between Ukraine may have missiled a russia oil tanker.

Did putin deliver on his generous offer to deliver 12 (twelve) bags of barely used wheat to Africa ?

There's no reports of any of the (tiny amounts of) free grain even reaching Africa at the moment. And right now monke is spamming drones at Odesa because he doesn't care.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1668320806730858520
:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rowkey bilbao posted:

Erdogan and Putin met in Sochi earlier this week about it. Putin is pushing to get Russia’s agricultural bank reconnected to SWIFT and one other thing about logistics (I read his demands yesterday but of course I can’t find the article now). Putin is saying he’ll send grain to Turkey for further transport to Africa.

Here’s a sample article I looked at for sourcing’s sake: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-turkey-putin-erdogan-sochi-ac41cb453a6d6c597d543873850414eb