Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did a bunch of hot air move in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

(I'm just grabbing these from a wapo comment section about Alaska drilling)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Uncle Wemus posted:

I bet you think mandating everyone to have electric cars is a great idea! Sucks that youre completely wrong…. Right now with our energy demand we burn 3.6 TRILLION tons of fossil fuels a year… if everyone had electric cars, we would have to burn ANOTHER 1.2 trillion tons on top of that to meet the energy demand….. go electric right now, and we make things worse

he's right

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

once again thanksgiving is ruined because uncle got all political while we were just talking about the weather

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Could a hurricane be so strong that it like dominated all the other hurricanes and became the hurriking?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Omnicarus posted:

Could a hurricane be so strong that it like dominated all the other hurricanes and became the hurriking?

hurrikings actually form when all of the hurricanes' tails become fused together. it is harmful to the hurricanes

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
A hurriking ties it’s fronts together and the 5 eyes just spin around and wipe out poor and brown parts of the world like a level boss in a SHMUP

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

skooma512 posted:

A hurriking ties it’s fronts together and the 5 eyes just spin around and wipe out poor and brown parts of the world like a level boss in a SHMUP

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

skooma512 posted:

the swindon magic hurricane

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I wonder if models can just spit out a NAN

I guess that would be a hypercane

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

that’s the lovecraftian terror from the last page

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

me NAN will tear u a new a$$ho1e m8

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

skooma512 posted:

it makes a fuckin beeline for lake charles, that's what it does

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

redleader posted:

they always return to the same beaches to spawn and die

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why can't scientists make a hurricane that spins in the opposite direction and shoot it at the normal ones so they cancel out? my tax dollars pay for HAARP and I want them to use it for good

:argh:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

give me a model that spits out some TANDORI CHICKEN and BIRYANI too

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jimcantore/status/1699744149036032077?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

:getin:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Boston has defied the gods for the last time

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

poo poo, now I look like even more of an idiot by emailing my ex who lived in Connecticut to stock up on supplies few days ago

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

redleader posted:

If the hurriking doesn’t immediately annihilate Tampa it is hardly worthy of the title

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

NeonPunk posted:

poo poo, now I look like even more of an idiot by emailing my ex who lived in Connecticut to stock up on supplies few days ago

maybe show them you care by showing up with supplies

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

Show up and throw them some paper towels everyone loves free scott towels.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Omnicarus posted:

Show up and throw them some paper towels everyone loves free scott towels.

the most absorbent, from the standpoint of quilting

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Man, Halifax got pretty hosed almost exactly 20 years ago by a Cat 2. A lot of that spaghetti seems to be aiming right at it.

Side note: One of the worst nights of my life was being incredibly seasick on a ferry between Boston and Nova Scotia the night it hit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Halifax should think about detonating a giant ammo stockpile to stop the hurricane

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yes Jim, make sure to get the Northeast Corridor in there.

Next 24 hours could see the RI happen. But then it is still a far ways from land. Multiple ERCs could happen and does seem pretty likely that the upper level flow is going to brush it back north than northeast. Canada's problem.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

looks like the hurricane will be among us on the east coast

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SirPablo posted:

Yes Jim, make sure to get the Northeast Corridor in there.

Next 24 hours could see the RI happen. But then it is still a far ways from land. Multiple ERCs could happen and does seem pretty likely that the upper level flow is going to brush it back north than northeast. Canada's problem.
The current runs I saw of the main models had it hitting like Nova Scotia

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

hobbesmaster posted:

"Nana" is on the name list for 2026. Close enough?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Hurricane Gamgam

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Halifax should think about detonating a giant ammo stockpile to stop the hurricane

Too soon.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oh poo poo

:wth:

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

:eyepop:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

thread banner

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Is that Louis Wain level cat-astrophic or Hausu “body parts flying everywhere” forces at play here?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

Man, Halifax got pretty hosed almost exactly 20 years ago by a Cat 2. A lot of that spaghetti seems to be aiming right at it.

Side note: One of the worst nights of my life was being incredibly seasick on a ferry between Boston and Nova Scotia the night it hit.

I actually JUST moved into the red line path lol

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I hope the weather doesn't take my house already, I haven't even gotten it clean yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Uncle Wemus posted:

A lot of good cutting access to our own resources does for our kids when they’re living on the streets. So many barely make it right now as gas prices, and other energy costs soar and keep rising. All the while, we have an administration cutting us off at the knees to obtain our own resources from EVERYWHERE.

I bet you think mandating everyone to have electric cars is a great idea! Sucks that youre completely wrong…. Right now with our energy demand we burn 3.6 TRILLION tons of fossil fuels a year… if everyone had electric cars, we would have to burn ANOTHER 1.2 trillion tons on top of that to meet the energy demand….. go electric right now, and we make things worse

you’re wrong, electric cars are cleaner because the negative externalities are more hidden from me