Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

lol at the TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Drunkboxer posted:

are you trying to say a music opinion, posted on the internet, one that only consists of “____ sucks,” might not have been posted by someone who isn’t very well informed??

I mean it doesn't compare to the j6 folks singing the national anthem in the background while tmup rambles on about windmills and low flow toilets. Kids these days really don't appreciate what it takes to slam a speedball and then immediately turn around and write a masterpiece.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

in other Texas Is Stupid news, the DPS pushed a software update over the weekend that has resulted in drivers license offices everywhere in the state to be closed possibly all week.

But they got a can-do attitude I bet

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

the state decided to stop doing annual auto inspections because it infringes on our freedom to drive cars with missing wheels and on fire.

I kinda doubt they have money to throw around with all the lawyers keeping all the bistros in business.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/HeyWhatDay/status/1699777101425958926

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
gently caress yeah salami dayyyyy

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

It's like the personnel that supports this infrastructure of rich people and their belongings is getting kinda thin well except on the sunny side of the street

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Easy peasy.... Only this time, it wasn't so easy

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the nyt connections puzzle today made me feel like I was losing my loving mind until I just started doing the obvious and got a perfect score

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

It's outta the bag!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

2DCAT posted:

Easy peasy.... Only this time, it wasn't so easy

Yes!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they call it salami as a reference to salome and the meat is ersatz johnny boy's head

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
today the salami lid will fit

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

teimp

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
tubi

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Red Baron posted:

that’s the bear from Tekken so good luck

lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Drunkboxer posted:

are you trying to say a music opinion, posted on the internet, one that only consists of “____ sucks,” might not have been posted by someone who isn’t very well informed??

I've listened to Dream On song hundreds if not thousands of times over 35+ years, I'm about as informed as you want to be on about something like that.

I'll say this, the verse is alright, but the chorus has got to go.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Wherein Piers Morgan discovers botany includes a bit more than penises and vaginas, and becomes enraged.

quote:

Right-wing provocateur and TalkTV presenter Morgan hit out at the event, however, claiming “there’s nothing sexual about mushrooms” in a segment for Sky News Australia.

Speaking with comedian James Barr and right-wing commentator Tomi Lahren, Morgan slammed the idea that nature could be queer, claiming: “My question for all of this is, why?”

“Why are we having some queer celebration of things like mushrooms?”, Morgan continued, before Barr rightly explained that studies have found mushrooms with “about 23,000 different genders”.

Ignoring this, Morgan went on to rant: “We’ve just had Pride month, where the entire month was taken up with turning everything LGBTQ … Why can’t we just have straight plants?”

“I just don’t understand why you care,” Barr responded.

Tomi Lahren, an outspoken Trump supporter, added during her appearance on the show: “Well, I’ll tell you this, what concerns me is if there are 23,000 genders for mushrooms and fungus I’m a little concerned, because the LGBTQ+ barbecue is already too long for most Americans and most people to memorise, so now we have 23,000 genders added to that.”

She added: “Why does everything have to be about ‘queer this, gay that’? Why is that the only thing that leftists seem to respond to? It’s either race, gender or climate change.”

What a hill to die on. There's nothing sexual about a fungus' sex organs. Plants are male or female.

quote:

“In some species, there are no separate female and male plants (they are hermaphroditic) so the male/female binary system does not apply at the level of individuals. In some such plants, flowers can start off by being male and later the female parts become active (and vice versa). Grafting a male branch onto a female fruit-bearing tree has been common practice in orchards around the world for a millenia.

“Some plants are even more complex, with functionally male, functionally female and hermaphroditic flowers all on the same individual. In fungi even the basic system is anything but binary, with fungi having as many as 36,000 different mating types.”

The spokesperson added: “Events at Kew aim to celebrate the scientific reality of biology.”

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

dream on? more like scream on
i think I'll turn "dream on" off

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

RVWinkle posted:

I mean it doesn't compare to the j6 folks singing the national anthem in the background while tmup rambles on about windmills and low flow toilets. Kids these days really don't appreciate what it takes to slam a speedball and then immediately turn around and write a masterpiece.

stephen tyler called me with tears in his eyes, saying please sir, I need more money, we can't finish this record, we are out of cocaine, please, just a little more sir.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
salami in the day

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

well thank you for that

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

wow, music theory classes suck now

Wait until you get to the chapter on Lil Nas X

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

What do you call someone with diarrhea on their balls since 99?
Captain.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
lady Gaga should be taught as how to make music for music majors

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

After binging on those Zappa videos posted last night I think I have a music crush on Ruth Underwood

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

She looks like this

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my theory is that the chuds are obsessed with wokeness because of how online discourse works... people are gonna say poo poo online with the safety of relative anonymity and physical distance they aren't going go say in a crowded room full of people where you can get the poo poo slapped out of you... however, when you're online you're usually talking to a much larger audience than can fit in a room so while one is more likely to say offensive poo poo online they are also more likely to deliver that offensive poo poo to someone who, well, takes offense to it and claps right back at em, which people percieve as the "woke mob"

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Bethamphetamine posted:

Wherein Piers Morgan discovers botany includes a bit more than penises and vaginas, and becomes enraged.

What a hill to die on. There's nothing sexual about a fungus' sex organs. Plants are male or female.

They're turning the freaking mushrooms gay

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

External Organs posted:

She looks like this

Oh, her, yeah she's pretty fricking cool. I only watched one video of hers, it was about Zappa's penchant for 9th chords. I mean I never really thought about it but yeah and of course a vibes player would understand the structure of a tune.

(Bet you haven't seen that usage of "vibes" for a while)

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

UFOTacoMan posted:

salami in the day

as a treat

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Apraxin posted:

why does he look like his captors are forcing him to make a proof of life video

https://i.imgur.com/3njDXI1.mp4

Is... is he wobbling his head in morse code? Oh poo poo, Walmart Melania is holding him prisoner!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

UFOTacoMan posted:

come on, no one likes "Dream On' that song loving sucks dumbass harpsichord or whatever, then steven tyler makes it even worse by doing some kind of falsetto screaming. jesus christ that song needs to be put down.

I liked it

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i think xcom should sue x.com for copyright infringement

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Spoondick posted:

i think xcom should sue x.com for copyright infringement

*Rousing music soars*

Every single one of their lawyers are coming home. That's an order!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWqimMpbTyU

salamé!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU