Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Spoondick posted:

my theory is that the chuds are obsessed with wokeness because of how online discourse works... people are gonna say poo poo online with the safety of relative anonymity and physical distance they aren't going go say in a crowded room full of people where you can get the poo poo slapped out of you... however, when you're online you're usually talking to a much larger audience than can fit in a room so while one is more likely to say offensive poo poo online they are also more likely to deliver that offensive poo poo to someone who, well, takes offense to it and claps right back at em, which people percieve as the "woke mob"

My theory is that CHUDs are largely authoritarians and take their news as they would marching orders, and they are not the people coming up with phrases like "woke mob." That is generally the creation of opportunist agitators like Roger Stone and Steve Bannon, Rush Limbaugh, Donald Trump. They broadcast stuff like this from several media centers at the same time, and generally work together to propagate buzzwords and sound bytes. I think the people we've been referring to as CHUDs are really just not very mentally ambitious people and they are happy to chatter about whatever the newsman tells them to. They can be an army of assholes or kind, helpful people, really they are just pliable. And corollary to that theory is that if the propaganda were to stop, so would most of the mean-spiritedness and prejudice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

In fact that theory is pretty big in my book.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

petit choux posted:

And corollary to that theory is that if the propaganda were to stop, so would most of the mean-spiritedness and prejudice.

I think I agree with this.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Spoondick posted:

my theory is that the chuds are obsessed with wokeness because of how online discourse works... people are gonna say poo poo online with the safety of relative anonymity and physical distance they aren't going go say in a crowded room full of people where you can get the poo poo slapped out of you... however, when you're online you're usually talking to a much larger audience than can fit in a room so while one is more likely to say offensive poo poo online they are also more likely to deliver that offensive poo poo to someone who, well, takes offense to it and claps right back at em, which people percieve as the "woke mob"

But I think what you are referring to is about the stochastic effect of social media communications, and it makes sense. It's also got a lot to do with how stochastic terrorism works.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

AxGrap posted:

I think I agree with this.

Well good, I'm glad I got one good post off today.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

turpe

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

my theory is that we are all gonna die

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol at having poop in your halls for like 10 years

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my theory is we die countless times

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

petit choux posted:

But I think what you are referring to is about the stochastic effect of social media communications, and it makes sense. It's also got a lot to do with how stochastic terrorism works.

wokeness is ill defined and amorphous because the definition of wokeness is "what people who disagree with me believe" so they can ignore out of hand whatever arguments and evidence are presented instead of questioning their belief structure

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Spoondick posted:

wokeness is ill defined and amorphous because the definition of wokeness is "what people who disagree with me believe" so they can ignore out of hand whatever arguments and evidence are presented instead of questioning their belief structure

Sounds just like something the woke mob would say :thunk:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/1699777890903056434

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoondick posted:

it means judeo-Bolshevik or the n word.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

woke is just a substitute for politically correct. they're just mad they can't be open bigots outside of 4chan and not get yelled at

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

euphronius posted:

it means judeo-Bolshevik or the n word.

Also gay

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

53.7236136,-6.3556322

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

UFOTacoMan posted:

stephen tyler called me with tears in his eyes, saying please sir, I need more money, we can't finish this record, we are out of cocaine, please, just a little more sir.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

lol

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

how long did it take you to eat the whole thing

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
150ish out of 450ish done with the X-Men and all the related titles collection. Stuck firmly in the Liefeld era and it's a slog

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Apraxin posted:

why does he look like his captors are forcing him to make a proof of life video

https://i.imgur.com/3njDXI1.mp4

he's right though, BLM would not have been prosecuted (because they would have been shot and killed on sight) gently caress america

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Anyone ever play that hosed up aerosmith arcade game where you shoot CDs and in the second level you blow up a school bus full of children

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

AxGrap posted:

150ish out of 450ish done with the X-Men and all the related titles collection. Stuck firmly in the Liefeld era and it's a slog

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

alnilam posted:

Anyone ever play that hosed up aerosmith arcade game where you shoot CDs and in the second level you blow up a school bus full of children

gently caress yes, it was on Saturn too

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1699778967132160036

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
PING!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

alnilam posted:

they had that game for snes

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Spoondick posted:

Okay well not about stochastics then, wups

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
axgrap let me know if, in hindsight, joe madureira seems like a sudden awesome change or a sudden bizarre change

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

alnilam posted:

Yeah I had it on PlayStation.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

alnilam posted:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

So that's where Trump got his gun sounds from!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmao

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

love living in this loving griftopia

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-fake-trump-legal-fund-playing-both-sides-and-duping-everyone

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I should get marvel unlimited so I can go back and read all of new mutants.

When I was a kid I had some weird collection where they went inside Legions head and it was just incredibly hosed up and bizarre. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

last night on nctv we finally got around to watching Incendies (2010) and boy howdy is that a bummer of a movie