Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

i am a moron posted:

I have reduced the code base by removing 20k lines of comments I’m sure we probably don’t need

pssht it only means anything to people i already fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
1 of the 2 teslas in my country was in an accident. gonna be interesting to see if they ever get it fixed. it didn't catch fire, but if it did, the resulting clusterfuck for the local fire dept would have likely have prompted legeslative change

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beeftweeter posted:

carmack is a brilliant programmer, but like most brilliant programmers he's also always been an immense shithead

e: oh lol should've quoted i guess

yeah he's a loving moron when it comes to literally anything else

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i am a moron posted:

I have reduced the code base by removing 20k lines of comments I’m sure we probably don’t need

"well i know what it does. they should just look at the code instead and if they can't figure it out they're fired" -elon, probably

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

i am a moron posted:

good code is self-documenting. checkmate.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

quote:

Elon Musk Shut Down by FAA After Bragging Mega-Rocket Is Ready to Launch

Elon Musk might think that his giant mega-rocket is ready to launch, but the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has other ideas. On Tuesday, SpaceX began preparations for the second launch attempt of its Starship rocket, after a first launch in April which saw the rocket fail after about 90 seconds. The FAA said it would investigate concerns over the failure and the potential environmental damage caused by the launch. “Starship is ready to launch, awaiting FAA license approval,” Musk, the chief executive officer of SpaceX, tweeted on Tuesday shortly after the rocket was loaded onto a booster in South Texas. But the FAA on Wednesday said it was still investigating, shutting down the notion of a speedy approval. “The SpaceX Starship mishap investigation remains open,” the agency told Ars Technica. “The FAA will not authorize another Starship launch until SpaceX implements the corrective actions identified during the mishap investigation and demonstrates compliance with all the regulatory requirements of the license modification process.”

(daily beast summary of an arse article, that's all there is)

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Go into work at Twitter on Monday
Commit 20k lines of Lorum Ipsum
Go Home
Go into work at Twitter on Tuesday
Delete 20k lines of Lorum Ipsum
Show Elon the commit to get my reward: a t-shirt with the hooters logo that says "Superb Owl"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Improbable Lobster posted:

yeah he's a loving moron when it comes to literally anything else

he's a textbook example of the kind of person who thinks being really smart about one particular thing automatically makes him an expert on everything he deems less complicated than that subject

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Because the DoD paid you to provide a service.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Helping Russia by hindering Ukraine: "how am I involved????"

Get your plane shot down you Nazi poo poo.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this is why he was afraid of people knowing his flight plans and assassination coordinates

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol

(daily beast summary of an arse article, that's all there is)

i posted the ars article yesterday, basically the thing is sitting partially prepped for a launch with no clear timeline on if or when they'll see an approval.

i'm sure it's fine though, those things are meant to sit for weeks on the gantry, right?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
they’re going to launch it one night without telling anyone

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

i posted the ars article yesterday, basically the thing is sitting partially prepped for a launch with no clear timeline on if or when they'll see an approval.

i'm sure it's fine though, those things are meant to sit for weeks on the gantry, right?

weeks seems incredibly optimistic

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

wargames posted:

Because the DoD paid you to provide a service.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Management posted:

i hope he does because that'd be the end of spacex

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Management posted:

Elon's new Threads service is gonna suck

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

weeks seems incredibly optimistic

especially if they have a bunch of deficits they have to address on the pad per the faa's findings, because they're going to have to pull the whole thing down to redo the pad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

i believe elon musk is dumb enough to try this, i also believe the entire rest of spacex is not.

so who knows

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beeftweeter posted:

i hope he does because that'd be the end of spacex

are you saying the man who has the DoD by the balls w/r/t Ukraine will face consequences for anything he does

Elon has probably ordered this a million times but the rest of the company rightfully says we like not committing space crime

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Luigi Thirty posted:

are you saying the man who has the DoD by the balls w/r/t Ukraine will face consequences for anything he does

Wow elong makes f16s now too

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009

fins posted:

1 of the 2 teslas in my country was in an accident. gonna be interesting to see if they ever get it fixed. it didn't catch fire, but if it did, the resulting clusterfuck for the local fire dept would have likely have prompted legeslative change

there’s always next time

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i remember a tweet where musk challenged putin to a duel over ukraine. might qualify as involvement

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

lol https://twitter.com/MoniqueCamarra/status/1699790292902347183?s=20

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I bet if he thinks real hard he could figure it out.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Elon's new Threads service is gonna suck
:smith:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
lol if it's true the sub drones just do nothing and get washed up on shore when internet connectivity goes out, great programming there, not even a failsafe to like return to base or anything, just millions of dollars of equipment rendered useless by an internet outage

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://vxtwitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1699828939311452519

He was taking advice from Ian Miles Cheong about how to rein in the Ukrainians hahahahaha

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Beeftweeter posted:

it's not really standard practice not to pay your contracted bills lol. they're worded like that because alex spiro and elon are narcissists par excellence

i mean the legal filing in response to the lawsuit, not the pr stuff or original lack of payment

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Plank Walker posted:

lol if it's true the sub drones just do nothing and get washed up on shore when internet connectivity goes out, great programming there, not even a failsafe to like return to base or anything, just millions of dollars of equipment rendered useless by an internet outage

except those things aren't robust or reusable drones, they were single use single purpose and probably entirely custom one shot deals

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Sweevo posted:

he's a textbook example of the kind of person who thinks being really smart about one particular thing automatically makes him an expert on everything he deems less complicated than that subject

Sure but remind me what the one thing is that he's supposed to be very smart about?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Sure but remind me what the one thing is that he's supposed to be very smart about?

he's pretty smart at grifting idiots.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that picture does not look like him. they ran it through an ai or at least a shitload of photoshop neural filtrs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://elonmusk.today/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Luigi Thirty posted:

Elon has probably ordered this a million times but the rest of the company rightfully says we like not committing space crime

yes, him openly defying a grounding order from the FAA would probably mean spacex can't use government-owned launch facilities, which in turn would almost certainly completely destroy their business

but it'd also be a huge problem for the us government, so i could also see them just seizing the company

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
Does the faa have an armed service like the post office?
What if he does just spit in their faces?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Clerical Terrors posted:

Go Home
Show Elon the commit to get my reward: a t-shirt with the hooters logo that says "Superb Owl"

epic!

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

ianmacdo posted:

yeah, its not like they can get the air force to blow up the rocket in flight, since it will do that on its own before they scan scramble the fighters

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ianmacdo posted:

kinda, the us marshals enforce court orders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Clerical Terrors posted:

Go Home

i want this shirt