Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
great system we have whre one congressperson can hold up hundreds of military appointments just because and the entire government is like "oh well nothing we can do!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

another republican success story. to be clear, unironically, for republicans

just like how this is a failure for republicans. harm is minimized and fewer enemies are scammed.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lets do a quick google search of every chud;s most favorite homoerotic warrior culture

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/surprising-artistic-life-ancient-sparta-180978756/

sounds like the spartans were sorta woke minus all the slavery. maybe woke slavery?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
you know if trump were in charge and a dem was doing this he would have pushed everything thru regardless while they cried "oh no how can he keep getting away with this where is the ~decorum~" also "oh well nothing we can do!"

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

paying taxes? lib behavior, an enemy to be fought.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

wow is this saying homeless people aren't like the complete animal i am and mainly want the bare necessities but also to have the same opportunities as anyone else so they can be another insignificant person in this stupid society and they dont need to keep standing out from anybody else, wow, wtf, wow.. and.. if you give them these things then they can actually work on developing their lives? wow.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm running for president with the sole platform that all my appointees will be English majors who have kept a journal for at least 5 years.

Edit: in a disadvantaged community

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

AxGrap posted:

Observing the obvious contradictions in my parents morals and their church's stances over the years which they are obliged to agree with I think that the need for community and the chance of being ostracized is one of the most powerful things in the world, and this is of course being exploited from top down hateful propaganda. You can twist yourself into all kinds of shapes to avoid losing your community.

we've largely replaced physical communities with online communities and the stated problems with online communication and also the fact that online communications mostly lack empathy, body language, pheromone exchange, etc which completely alter the resulting communities

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1699033395098005553?t=Sl9stfrZaajuevmoXgfPgQ&s=19

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

going to see jonelle monae tonight

I am jealous and I hate you now

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Spoondick posted:

we've largely replaced physical communities with online communities and the stated problems with online communication and also the fact that online communications mostly lack empathy, body language, pheromone exchange, etc which completely alter the resulting communities

In the Reddit thread, I asked why /r/atheism was so popular. Someone replied that people used to go to church for a sense of community. Now they go online.

At the time, I laughed, but now I'm not so sure. It might help explain Trump.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Spoondick posted:

cant like or share the wrong thing on facebook or else a thumb man wearing oakleys you went to school with back in 1994 will cry laugh emoji at you and call you bad names, and this is a powerful enough motivation to turn (or keep) people into assholes

it's ironic too because I feel like the people most susceptible to this are the ones who always yammered on about not posting your identity online and not believing everything you read etc

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Him sad about Smashmouth

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Actor Gary Busey is being investigated by law enforcement in Malibu, California, after allegedly striking another driver’s car last week and fleeing the scene.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to People on Tuesday that it’s looking into an accident allegedly involving the “Big Wednesday” and “Point Break” star, after TMZ published a video of the aftermath.

In the clip, an unidentified woman is speeding down the road after a blue vehicle, driven by a man who appears to be Busey.

“Sir, you hit my car, I need your information,” the woman calls. But the man accelerates away.

The clip cuts to the woman confronting the man in a parking lot. “You hit my car. You have scuffs all over your car,” she says, panning down to the man’s front bumper, which appears to be scratched.

“Progressive insurance,” the man says.

“I want the number, I want the information,” the woman replies.

“No, no. I’m private,” the man says. He pulls away with the Beach Boys’ “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” blaring.

“You rear-ended me!” the woman calls after him. “You can’t hit someone and then leave. Yo, that’s not OK. You hit my car. Sir! You don’t get to just leave hitting someone.”
The man then drives off.

In 2015, Busey was accused of hitting a pedestrian while backing his car out of a space in a Malibu parking lot

I treat Gary Busey sightings in the wild like some kind of cryptid

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Spoondick posted:

what's that thing where socrates says a lot about how you can't argue against words in text like you can words from a person. something like that. it's like arguing against a wall vs a person. idk something like that

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

they'll be calling him gary bussy when he has to take the bus all the time

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

The director in one of the districts I work in got busted for this right before I got hired. Disgusting.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Not sure that comparing numbers to the first six months of 2020 is particularly useful.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

Glad to see him doing more work with the Impractical Jokers.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Trumps entire appeal is that he is the ideal self of every chud. Their dream life is one of completely unmoored immorality and hate able to rape, steal, or inflict suffering on anyone who isn't their exact ingroup. Their lovely lives and communities necessitate some flimsy proxy morality through jesus or sucking off cops and america, but the dream is to be free of the shackles of even a pretense of morality to be some white ubermensch who can get away with anything and still maintain the community standing they crave. Every chud secretly would love to take a steaming poo poo in the mouth of a war widow and on the constitution so long as they were rich and powerful. Trump is loved because of his grotesqueness not in spite of it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you are discounting the extent he explicitly endorses and adheres to nazism

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

oh my god, Elon really did shadowban him for tagging him non-stop.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1699810938596032642

quote:

My feed has been deboosted for 6 months now. I've never received a warning or had a post removed. And yet Twitter is deboosting me for having "a negative impact on Twitter."

What negative impact? You mean @LauraLoomer saying Casey DeSantis is faking her cancer doesn't have a negative impact, or calling Governor DeSantis a terrorist?

If I'm not breaking ANY X rules, WHY am I permanently maximum deboosted?
@elonmusk

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

No in Texas it was easy, there are (or were) weird little places everywhere with strange people doing inspections, it took like 10 minutes max and then you drive to an HEB and get a sticker. Really not a big deal at all.

That's how PA is, and every year shops get shut down for basically just selling the stickers and not actually doing the inspections.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

veepfake posted:

what's that thing where socrates says a lot about how you can't argue against words in text like you can words from a person. something like that. it's like arguing against a wall vs a person. idk something like that

From Plato's dialogue Phaedrus. In it, Socrates says:

quote:

You know, Phaedrus, writing shares a strange feature with painting. The offsprings of the painting stand there as if they are alive, but if anyone asks them anything, they remain most solemnly silent. The same is true of written words. You’d think they were speaking as if they had some understanding, but if you question anything that has been said because you want to learn more, it continues to signify just that very same thing forever. When it has once been written down, every discourse rolls about everywhere, reaching indiscriminately those with understanding no less than those who have no business with it, and it doesn’t know to whom it should speak and to whom it should not. And when it is faulted and attacked unfairly, it always needs its father’s support; alone, it can neither defend itself nor come to its own support.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Plinkey posted:

That's how PA is, and every year shops get shut down for basically just selling the stickers and not actually doing the inspections.

The advent of the smog tests made that kind-of impossible (except I guess for forged stickers) because you couldn't get the sticker until the smog check was uploaded.

The smog check is still around for the big cities, but who cares if there's smog in Tyler or Waco or Dime Box.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Happy Little Friend! :3:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

have a strong memory of watching a mortal storm, a 1940s anti-nazi hollywood film a few years ago with my mom, who is a republican and huge fan of 30s-50s hollywood. there's a sequence where a bunch of nazis are singing songs for recently-elected chancellor hitler in a bar and some characters don't join in and they start being violently threatened for this. as this was happening I laughed and yelled that's right, you should stand for the national anthem and my mom gave me the worst look i think she's ever given me.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Two key members of my White House team, Ja’Ron Smith and Chris Pilkerton, released a new book. In Underserved, Ja’Ron and Chris, who were essential to achieving some of the most impactful policy wins of my administration, give a behind-the-scenes look at how we uplifted underserved American communities in need — including glimpses into moments the mainstream media never covered. I recommend the book to anyone interested in learning how we can Make America Great Again. Get your copy below!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1699608945956905448

What demographic does he think this answer appeals to?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

euphronius posted:

my theory is we die countless times

There's a good SF story that's kind of about that idea https://www.tor.com/2010/08/05/divided-by-infinity/

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

WarMECH posted:

great system we have whre one congressperson can hold up hundreds of military appointments just because and the entire government is like "oh well nothing we can do!"

It seems like "dumb rear end in a top hat doing a bad job on purpose" is not something the system was designed to deal with. Oh well, better just see what happens

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

The racist demo that likes to pretend having children out of wedlock is specifically a minority issue.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Bethamphetamine posted:

lol family court is probably the thing that radicalizes people the fastest. Like flip a coin and if it’s heads the dude goes completely insane

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bethamphetamine posted:

I am jealous and I hate you now

many people are saying this more and more

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Bethamphetamine posted:

Hmmm.. Child care for some, small Florida shaped dildos for others!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one of Giulianis coconspirators has vanished lol

no one can find Katherine fries

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

the point is to "harm evil" which is to hurt everyone having sex who isn't me

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

euphronius posted:

check pillowmans safe houses imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

euphronius posted:

Was she just rudy in a wig? Is that part of the Fraud Guarantee?