Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

bunnyofdoom posted:

I missed Evelyn Tucci

Edit: But Jon Hamm made up for it

I loved Zac's Hamm understated Hamm impression ":shrug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Schrute Nation posted:

It's an ongoing bit when Wysocki is on Make Some Noise. The first episode I think his buzzer didn't work so he made up a sound effect. He's done a different noise/phrase even though following appearances the buzzer works.

drat, son!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just finished the cathedral fight in the first third of Crown of Candy and I feel like everything leading up to it was kind of a set of choices/actions that didn’t really matter and they were going to be hosed regardless. Feels kind of railroaded compared to other campaigns so far, but maybe things we’ve seen so far will pay off in ways I’m not thinking of.

RIP Lapin and Preston

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm glad Alex made the completely insane choice to make a small child stunt driver

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
The pace of Mentopolis is absolutely killer. Bloodkeep was kind of similar, in that it was lots happening in a short amount of time, but Kids on Bikes is so much more conducive to that structure in terms of mechanical resource management (ie there isn't any except moxie).

And not to poo poo on Bloodkeep, I loved it when I watched it, but it dragged and got a little fuzzy for me as it went on - Rekha and Ify's characters didn't hit for me, and it was all a little unfocused. In contrast, I'm thinking about Mentopolis all week long, I even talked about it for half an hour with my therapist (who is a gamer I got hooked into Dropout). I always think of noir as being kind of a slow genre, but this comedic Roger-Rabbity take is really in the sweet spot for me. Brennan has mentioned a few times on Adventuring Academy that he tries to keep shenanigans from veering into Looney Tunes territory. But I think they're leaning into it this season, like the old Ghostbusters cartoon with a dash of Batman: The Animated Series, and it's a new kind of fun.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Not Dropout, but a CH cast and vibe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7PZ17outc

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Hello, my name is Stacey.... Stacy fakename has to be my new favourite gag. Especially as the name drags out longer each time

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

captainclaw posted:

Hello, my name is Stacey.... Stacy fakename has to be my new favourite gag. Especially as the name drags out longer each time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8YLFMo7Y9Q

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm waiting for someone to use Stacy Fakenamé

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

MikeJF posted:

I'm waiting for someone to use Stacy Fakenamé

AnaSTAHcia Fahcknamé

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow I don't usually watch Adventuring Party but this most recent episode had some really great conversation about thoughts and lessons and how sometime life just sucks

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wow I don't usually watch Adventuring Party but this most recent episode had some really great conversation about thoughts and lessons and how sometime life just sucks

Seconding this. It’s incredibly important not to learn the wrong lessons when bad poo poo happens.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm a few episodes into The Unsleeping City and I'm liking it a lot, but as a non New-Yorker, why doesn't anyone want to go to Staten Island?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

YggiDee posted:

I'm a few episodes into The Unsleeping City and I'm liking it a lot, but as a non New-Yorker, why doesn't anyone want to go to Staten Island?

Because it's a ferry ride away. Staten Island is the only borough not connected to the New York City Subway system so it's basically out of the way regardless of how physically close you actually are.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay yeah that makes sense. rip to Staten Islanders I guess

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

8one6 posted:

Because it's a ferry ride away. Staten Island is the only borough not connected to the New York City Subway system so it's basically out of the way regardless of how physically close you actually are.

And who was the single person in history who had the most power to remedy that situation and never did?

Actual Historical Figure Robert Moses.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Prof. Spaceman posted:

And who was the single person in history who had the most power to remedy that situation and never did?

Actual Historical Figure Robert Moses.

This is who instantly popped into my head when the recent Adventuring Party discussion turned to conspiracy theories

edit: an extremely relevant read

Magitek fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 3, 2023

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Magitek posted:

This is who instantly popped into my head when the recent Adventuring Party discussion turned to conspiracy theories

edit: an extremely relevant read

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The most :3: episode of Breaking News tonight

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Along the same lines, I'm a few episodes into Worlds Beyond Number and what's the joke with Cornell being lovely? I'm guessing someone on the production staff went to Cornell and they're gently ribbing them?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Vic Michaelis brings a kind of insane nervous/confident energy and I am absolutely here for her joining the 3 time guest spot club (along with wysocki and Bryant)

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Bobulus posted:

Along the same lines, I'm a few episodes into Worlds Beyond Number and what's the joke with Cornell being lovely? I'm guessing someone on the production staff went to Cornell and they're gently ribbing them?

It's Mike Trapp. He's not involved with WBN as far as I know, but of course they all know him.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

MrQueasy posted:

Vic Michaelis brings a kind of insane nervous/confident energy and I am absolutely here for her joining the 3 time guest spot club (along with wysocki and Bryant)

it's been cool to see vic taking off between dropout and becoming a de facto regular on comedy bang bang recently

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Bobulus posted:

Speaking of, man they finished their first major arc and the entire thing has been so good. Fox never stops being the best character.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Speaking of, man they finished their first major arc and the entire thing has been so good. Fox never stops being the best character.

Favorite fox line: "I couldn't reach the orb."

I really wanted a scene of Steel interrogating the fox about running off into the woods.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just finished the first season of Unsleeping City and that was some good poo poo. Probably going to let that marinade before I try season 2, maybe look at a miniseries or something.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Katie Marovitch is a robot and I am voicing my appreciation for her here as evidence for when the robots come for everyone (except me thanks to the aforementioned note of appreciation).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I started The Unsleeping City I genuinely thought Pete was a detective. I think I just missed a few sentences early on, but he was introduced with "if you're looking for something he can find it for you" and he had a gun! His presentation was much like any other washed-up hard-boiled noir detective, can't make rent, can't sleep, can't keep a girlfriend, and dealing illicit substances as a side hustle until the next rich broad wants to find out if her husband is cheating. Even with his dad and the times Kingston called him "Kid" I just went "wow I guess he started detective work real young." It wasn't until the lovely investigation rolls that I actually caught on.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 6, 2023

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Inkspot posted:

Katie Marovitch is a robot and I am voicing my appreciation for her here as evidence for when the robots come for everyone (except me thanks to the aforementioned note of appreciation).

I think she almost cracked in the latest episode when she's coming up with the olympic sports, but managed to keep it together.

I recently watched a Game Changer with her on it, and it's kind of wild how different she is between Breaking News and other stuff. She's full on giggly and can't keep her heart rate down the whole time. It's almost as big of a swing as going from B99 Stephanie Beatriz to anything else she's in.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Fuckin’ Brennan.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Get in the comments!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

whydirt posted:

Get in the comments!

One of my biggest disappointments with a Dropout subscription is the lack of comments on the videos.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

boxen posted:

One of my biggest disappointments with a Dropout subscription is the lack of comments on the videos.

Their discord is not the worst discord in existence. It's certainly not the best either. It is a discord server.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Trapp's face as Hunch snaps along to a child paying bass kills me every time

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The entire cast is just killing it. Danielle and Freddie at the courthouse and Siobhan's entire bit with HV Lance were absolute gold.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Their discord is not the worst discord in existence. It's certainly not the best either. It is a discord server.

But... I don't WANT to get in the Discord, I WANT to get in the COMMENTS!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
speaking of Brennan being loving awesome

TheLoneAmigo
Jan 3, 2013
I am enjoying Mentopolis so much more than any of the other Dimension 20 shows, just because it gets away from D&D.

They're incredibly talented performers, but I've not finished any of the other seasons because I just get tired of watching what may as well be miniature wargaming.

This is fantastic though - it takes everything I like about Dimension 20, and gets rid of the cruft.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I hope they build more seasons without the dnd ruleset, it really seems to drag down the drama
otoh presumably there is a large part of the audience that's married to dnd as a pillar so a full break will be impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

double nine posted:

I hope they build more seasons without the dnd ruleset, it really seems to drag down the drama
otoh presumably there is a large part of the audience that's married to dnd as a pillar so a full break will be impossible

I really enjoy 5e for the big battle sets and minis, but it is definitely not as good for setting up good story moments as more narrative-focused system like Kids on Bikes.