Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Sad to hear that only the Eagles had to compete on a lovely field. Tough break.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ayudo posted:

Sad to hear that only the Eagles had to compete on a lovely field. Tough break.

Your level of reading comprehension is lower than a normal nfce fan. You are either a giants or niners fan

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The slick field was the best possible thing to happen. Not only did the team that was going to lose anyway lose, their stupid fans will think What If? until their death bed (pile of crates behind a wawa)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Imagine writing all that whining about the field and thinking people are going to read it. Wild times.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did seem to severely overestimate the literacy of posters here

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

The slick field was the best possible thing to happen. Not only did the team that was going to lose anyway lose, their stupid fans will think What If? until their death bed (pile of crates behind a wawa)

:hai:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i agree that if the eagles were better able to maintain traction they could've won that game handily, but a) that's on the equipment manager more than anything else and b) that's assuming the chiefs don't just run the same goddamn touchdown play another three or four times because gannon couldn't adjust

the three biggest issues were the lovely defensive scheming, the Hurts fumble for a TD, and the turf. none of those were out of the team's hands (though the fumble is a fluke, unlike the other two things where you can readily say "mm okay let's patch this up right now").

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The game could have been played on the concrete from The Vet, in Kelly Green uniforms, and all seats are in the 700 Level, and the defensive scheme would still be terrible.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

The Eagles have gotten constant respect for most of my adult life since for the past 20 years they've been the undisputed best franchise in the NFC East so I don't know what you're talking about other than thinking this is typical faux underdog poo poo from the 3rd biggest city in America

The only consistent thing about the NFCE for the past 30 years has been its total inconsistency except that Washington has sucked basically the whole time

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Correct

Taking the QBs out of the equation for a moment, the biggest disparity between the teams was the eagles advantage on pass rush . The eagles pass rush was dominating teams and QBs. The game before the pass rush completely obliterated the 49ers. Further The pass rush was also the only chance the eagles had at containing Mahomes . Other than a fluke int on a tip or whatever . Mahomes is too good to be contained just by good corners (which the eagles have anyway) .

So the nfl completely neutralizes the eagles pass rush by destroying the field. If you watch the game, on many plays the eagles d line ends a play on the ground with a lineman on them since they can get no traction with their cleats . The eagles ends would try to get leverage to get around the outside shoulder of a tackle and their feet would just slide out from under them like they were on ice .
This action by the NFL removed the eagles greatest advantage and turned what should have been a game in favor of the eagles into one based on the disparity between Mahomes and hurts (with no pass rush against either). (I.e., the nfl changed the game into a no-defense shootout which favors the chiefs esp with ref help) . Hurts played out of his mind anyway (with a bad shoulder ) and almost ruined goodells schemes

This is all clear from watching there is no “conspiracy theory” or whatever slur you want to use.

I believe you.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My biggest fear is that the defense sucking wasn't actually Gannons fault and it comes home to roost this season

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

death bed (pile of crates behind a wawa)
This is too specific to be anything but jealous envy tbh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

Correct

Taking the QBs out of the equation for a moment, the biggest disparity between the teams was the eagles advantage on pass rush . The eagles pass rush was dominating teams and QBs. The game before the pass rush completely obliterated the 49ers.

I had to stop your post right here to bring up the fact that the 49ers spent most of that game without an actual quarterback so it's not like this is really the case. The 49ers had mr irrelevant who got hurt early in the game and literally no one else.

Also, :lol: the chiefs played on the exact same turf and still did ok. Adapt and overcome.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The eagles had a 10 point lead at half and it would have been larger if not for the funny hurts turnover

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Dave posted:

Imagine writing all that whining about the field and thinking people are going to read it. Wild times.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

beep by grandpa posted:

This is too specific to be anything but jealous envy tbh

We're starting to get Wawas in north NJ but they're not the same as southern Wawas or Sheetz

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I hadn't consciously realized it but Wawas don't really have a mountain of milk crates out back of their stores anymore, at least not in the city limits or southeastern metro area. sometimes you'll see a stack or two of plastic mail bins but it's just not the same. how sad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The decline and fall of Wawa needs a Netflix special or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
when they moved their bread in-house that was basically a wrap. no reason to get a sandwich there unless they were running a decent promotion, which they haven't for years. still usually cheapest gas option though at least on my route

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Wawa would still be king if it wasn't for the turf

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wait I moved out of the Wawa market a decade ago, what has happened to Wawa?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coffee, food, layouts, prices all downhill

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
they did bring in self checkout at some locations so it's easy to download free items

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had to stop your post right here to bring up the fact that the 49ers spent most of that game without an actual quarterback so it's not like this is really the case. The 49ers had mr irrelevant who got hurt early in the game and literally no one else.

gee then it sounds like the eagles pash rush sure did obliterate the 49ers dunnit

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
like I'm being flip but I've argued in here before that the whole "the eagles couldn't beat the 49ers if purdy didn't get hurt" thing doesn't hold water for me because the eagles' primary strength (a historic pass rush) is exactly what created the situation in which purdy got hurt. he didn't slip in the shower, he got hit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Toaster Beef posted:

like I'm being flip but I've argued in here before that the whole "the eagles couldn't beat the 49ers if purdy didn't get hurt" thing doesn't hold water for me because the eagles' primary strength (a historic pass rush) is exactly what created the situation in which purdy got hurt. he didn't slip in the shower, he got hit.

I don't know that Purdy was that great - very small sample size. It's also very rare for a team to go into a game with literally only one option at quarterback. They mostly had 2-3 per game. The 49ers had basically half a qb anyways in a rookie that had been lucky in a system where he wasn't asked to do much. That they had no one else is a failure of the coaches and the 49ers front office.

I don't say that to diminish the eagles pass rush, but beating a team that doesn't have a quarterback for 3/4 of the game isn't really a huge thing to hang your hat on. This isn't to say that the eagles did poorly. This is to say that if there were actual quarterbacks on the other side of the ball, it might not have been as big of a blowout or even an eagles win. It's mind boggling that sanfran didn't sign anybody who could actually get out there and play QB when they were down to one on the roster. That's one of the most egregiously dumb loving decisions a front office has made recently and had a much more significant impact on the outcome of a playoff game last year than the turf did in the superbowl.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If the has a better back up they would have been demolished as well

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

If the has a better back up they would have been demolished as well

Maybe. Probably not. Injuries are an accident and I don't think the eagles knocked more than one QB out of a game all season if they even did cause another QB to leave the game.

If you're suggesting that your defense was deliberately working to injure players that would be kindof lovely and against the general ideas of sportsmanship.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

indigi posted:

I hadn't consciously realized it but Wawas don't really have a mountain of milk crates out back of their stores anymore, at least not in the city limits or southeastern metro area. sometimes you'll see a stack or two of plastic mail bins but it's just not the same. how sad

Ever since covid they've been having a real loving terrible time maintaining stock on carton products of ice tea/milk. I don't even remember the last time I saw diet Arnold Palmers in stock at a wawa :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've never been the same as a man ever since they changed their tuna salad recipe a few years back. I am a broken shell

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the cowboy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

s

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

beep by grandpa posted:

I've never been the same as a man ever since they changed their tuna salad recipe a few years back. I am a broken shell

They hosed up their Arnold Palmer recipe, but at least in that one instance, they changed it back.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Here’s my thread on how the Giants would of beaten the Ravens if only the police would of done the their job (1/56).

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

euphronius posted:

Dallas gets hyped up every year because they are a national media focus . They don’t have a top tier qb so their ceiling is limited .

My guess is

Eagles 12-5
Dallas 10-7
The other two teams should tank for a QB

What are you talking about. Dallas has a QB with a 79% win rate on their roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nervous posted:

What are you talking about. Dallas has a QB with a 79% win rate on their roster.

Mostly as a result of favorable scheduling from the nfl