Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

NeonPunk posted:

Right, but you still need to break them in the first place. If you're doing it on difficulty 5 without building up your skill tree, you want to freeze them at all time or you'll just get a game over from the constant assault

Yeah, that's why Dreamy uses Herta in the video. I think she also has one of those "implant ice weakness" blessings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Izzhov posted:

Yeah, that's why Dreamy uses Herta in the video. I think she also has one of those "implant ice weakness" blessings

There's a blessing to implant ice weakness in an enemy on Ult.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh. In order to unlock everything on the path of trailblazer for the Swarm (except for the final node) it will takes at minimum 140 runs.

Well, at least this is a permanent event and it's pretty fun to do!

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
That sounds about right. I mean people have been complaining about not having enough to do and what better way to keep us busy haha.

I’ll throw my hat in and say I’ve been enjoying the new mode. Only did up to difficulty 3 since I realized you don’t get the 1 & 2 rewards so I went to go do that and knock out some blessing completions.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ugh both of the people on my friends list with good blades have switched to dan

life is so hard sometimes

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

It's nice having a long term goal that doesn't require stamina so I can just play whenever. Previously that had been filling out the SU index and achievements, but I finished that a while ago.

The new mechanics are pretty interesting too. I like how the way you progress across the board feels pretty different for the different paths. Like jumping ahead to take out trotters for the Hunt, or meandering through every blessed zone you get for the Abundance.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I find myself still sticking to Nihility all the time because there is a very visceral glee in seeing hundreds and hundreds of thousands of damage from a DoT proc explosion.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I act out the Kafka boom irl every time

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's even funnier because the Nihility/Propagation interplay is just "everyone is Budget Kafka now"

Previously Pela/Nat autos were just to trigger Kafka follow-up or generate SP but nope, now they are legitimate damage sources :v:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
are the countdowns on each plane linked?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

padijun posted:

are the countdowns on each plane linked?

Yes, the countdown is for the entire run and it will persist through the three planes.

Kyrosiris posted:

I find myself still sticking to Nihility all the time because there is a very visceral glee in seeing hundreds and hundreds of thousands of damage from a DoT proc explosion.

You'll have to step out of your comfort zone a little bit if you want to unlock everything and get all those free jades and buffs

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

You'll have to step out of your comfort zone a little bit if you want to unlock everything and get all those free jades and buffs

I know :(

At least Preservation is funny with the new stuff. Fuckin' love seeing a 25k shield on Gepard.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
ngl i have no idea what's going on in the new SU and have skipped all the tutorials but Dan Heng go brrr and i'm getting showered with jade. it's great

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm just not looking forward to doing 20 elation runs. I don't know why, I just simply never really liked follow up attacks. It's like I'm not in control and it's just like semi-autoing itself.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

I'm just not looking forward to doing 20 elation runs. I don't know why, I just simply never really liked follow up attacks. It's like I'm not in control and it's just like semi-autoing itself.

Once you get the "Ultimates count as follow-ups" this isn't really the case.

It is a lot more fun if you have any decent follow-up characters, though. Having both Blade and Clara makes it very silly.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Hell, I even get a lot of value doing Elation runs with March, Herta, and Himeko, who... aren't quite as good as Blade or Clara. Elation honestly might be my favorite path. Especially against that stupid loving deer.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Jing Yuan elation was my go-to for the two weekly runs on auto. Super easy

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Clarste posted:

Remembrance is great until the final boss who has like 150% freeze resistance. You can lower that to "technically freezable" with the various Blessings, but it's still unreliable ime.

Yeah he addresses it and prioritizes blessings that lower res. In fact he suggests a starter team (to carry you through the rest of the stages), and then a final boss team.

He also claims that's his reliable day-1 strat with no tree upgrades.

I hadn't tried it out yet because I've been slammed with work the past couple weeks, but I'll give it a whirl (no Herta pun intended) this weekend and report back.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean, I've done it, I've beaten it (maybe not with Herta) and it's unreliable, in my experience.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

big cummers ONLY posted:

I act out the Kafka boom irl every time

same every time

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Do we have any idea what the secret pathstrider nodes are/how they unlock?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Clarste posted:

I mean, I've done it, I've beaten it (maybe not with Herta) and it's unreliable, in my experience.

Gotcha. I think I'm okay with unreliable since it's just one-time rewards, and 'unreliable' is a part of the roguelike experience after all. I'd be annoyed if I had to non-stop farm this thing.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Izzhov posted:

So does anyone know what the Trailblaze Secrets do? I got one that kept giving me choices that were highlighted with the symbols for different paths, but selecting them didn't have any immediate observable effect that I noticed.

has anyone figured this out btw

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

I have Clara+March hypercarry, and now Kafka Khaos with Sampo. I haven't actually done Hunt hypercarry since the very early game.

dan is languishing at 50 with no relics, and i've never even touched sushang, qingque, or their various supports

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i been doing the swarm with Bronya, Blade, Silver Wolf, and Bailu

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GateOfD posted:

i been doing the swarm with Bronya, Blade, Silver Wolf, and Bailu

Good news: apparently the CN theorycrafters are saying that once Lynx drops, that composition may actually outdo DHIL because of Lynx giving Blade a bunch of extra health.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was hoping Propagation would become a choice for normal SU but it seems it's not meant to be. RIP.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Leraika posted:

has anyone figured this out btw

One time I got a curio that gave me a blessing for the corresponding path when I chose those, called Triangular Drum-roll Device. But aside from that I don't know.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Problem with Lynx on the Blade team is that you're not running Luocha, and Luocha is so good for Blade Blade is so good for Luocha.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Was hoping Propagation would become a choice for normal SU but it seems it's not meant to be. RIP.

It's supposed to unlock once you beat Swarm Disaster. I'm not sure of the specific unlocking condition, though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zurai posted:

It's supposed to unlock once you beat Swarm Disaster. I'm not sure of the specific unlocking condition, though.

Yeah, although I feel like it should've unlocked ages ago if it's supposed to be like a reasonable thing for new players to unlock, and not a reward for very bored people with nothing better to do.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Blade and DHIL with Abundance is extremely funny. Abundance can just poo poo skill points everywhere so IL is always going off. There's a synergy with Propagation as well!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm skeptical that you can actually do meaningful damage even with that, given stat inflation at the higher levels.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lazy_Liberal posted:

same every time

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
abundance/propagation absolutely shreds, invest in spore stocks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I will continue to propogate Kafka at things until they die.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do you get any rewards from each individual run of the new SU thing, or only for reaching the various milestones?

I like how in regular SU you're at least always getting ornament relics.

Izzhov posted:

Hell, I even get a lot of value doing Elation runs with March, Herta, and Himeko, who... aren't quite as good as Blade or Clara. Elation honestly might be my favorite path. Especially against that stupid loving deer.

Yeah, Elation was my first path to let me hit >300,000k damage. Nihility is good as well, but I think Elation might have more potential for insane damage if you manage to pick up all the Aftertaste stuff.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Do you get any rewards from each individual run of the new SU thing, or only for reaching the various milestones?

I like how in regular SU you're at least always getting ornament relics.

The fun, hard fights are their own reward.

Less sarcastically: Only for milestones.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Or alternatively: ludicrously large numbers are their own reward.

I mean, that's enough of a dopamine hit for me to boot it up again every once in awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

To unlock those golden nodes, apparently you have to choose the path dialog after you defeat the elite bosses when the option show up, for 20 times total

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 8, 2023