Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Are there no other QBs?

Counterpoint: roster him and put him on IR in case he plays. I think he gets thrown out there when the team is looking terrible and is like 0-x (x=6 or 8 or something) and Hollywood Brown is bellyaching about not getting any targets.

The thing is if they start him this year and he gets hurt, something like $90m of his salary becomes guaranteed money and they'll be forced to roster him next year, which pretty much means tank for Caleb would be dead.

By all means throw him on your IR spot if you have no other options, but don't count on him seeing the field this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think this is my least favorite auction draft team I've ever compiled. I was using a price sheet that was WAY too low basically across the board and so I held back early in the draft when everyone was bidding the poo poo out of all the t1 guys (JJ went for 65, C Mac went for 70 just so you can see how this went) and then i kinda had to reach later without really having a shot at premier talent. I did get a few of my targets but I hate having both 9er WR's and I got sniped for Perine later in the draft when auto pick just nominated him from my queue.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
As a guy who makes a price sheet that gets downloaded 100,000 times each season: Don't use a price sheet for auctions.

All algorithm-generated price sheets use VORP and therefore are inherently flawed: Either the sheet linearly converts VORP and then is way too high for the starters or factors in total slots too much and goes way too low for the high end guys.

In my irl auctions I just push in for 1-2 of my guys early and spend the rest of the opening stage paying attention to how much prices are being inflated to calculate when the market will cool to the point where I should make another move. I don't think I'll ever be able to translate that to an algorithm.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

ohhhhhh no, to be clear I am not advocating picking up MVS or rostering him or starting him at all, rather that other than Kelce and Mahomes it isn't safe to pick up ANY Chiefs because it could be even mother loving MVS who is the one to go off.

I won't bother arguing further because my only point was hell it could be someone boring like MVS. I have that rear end in a top hat stashed in dynasty and I'd never start him.
Ahh yeah I gotchya, that makes sense.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I would absolutely 100% drop Hubbard for Bateman or Mims.

I really do believe there's a chance Chuba becomes the guy in Carolina over Sanders, or at least he leads a committee. But ultimately if I'm gonna have part of an offense, I'd rather have part of the Ravens than the Panthers.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Uughhh had our 1-keeper (not using a draft spot or anything, just one guy kept on your roster) friend league draft last night and I got 1st pick, so I took CMC. The next four players available that weren’t kept were Hill, Robinson, Barkley, and Brown. Two dinguses picked Gibbs and Henry with picks 4 and 5 and let AJ Brown fall into the lap of the smuggest rear end in a top hat who has Jefferson as his keeper and then he came around and picked Amon-Ra with his second pick. Dudes gonna be very hard to beat this year.

Also I really hate picking 1st overall, after CMC and Mahomes as my keeper, my next best players are Olave and Mark Andrews and then it’s all downhill from there. I’m seriously thinking of offering up CMC so I can have something other than Olave and Mike Williams as my main WRs lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Happy “waiting for the inevitable Travis Kelce will test his knee in pre game warmups tweet” day to all who celebrate

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vargo posted:

I really do believe there's a chance Chuba becomes the guy in Carolina over Sanders, or at least he leads a committee. But ultimately if I'm gonna have part of an offense, I'd rather have part of the Ravens than the Panthers.
I'm legit curious what makes you think that. Every single thing I have seen about Chuba is that he is replacement level at best.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Docjowles posted:

Happy “waiting for the inevitable Travis Kelce will test his knee in pre game warmups tweet” day to all who celebrate

As a Lions fan with Kelce in my fantasy team, a happy "YES!/NO!/MAYBE?!?" to one and all.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I'm legit curious what makes you think that. Every single thing I have seen about Chuba is that he is replacement level at best.

4.9 yards per carry avg last year, tied with Ekeler in yards per route run. Had a big role after the McCaffery trade. Miles Sanders gets hurt a lot (and isn't that good, sue me.)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If Andy Reid starts Travis Kelce who is at high risk of getting a bone fracture if he plays, I will not stop watching my feed until I see Reid pull off his face revealing himself to be a team doctor for the Chargers or Dolphins

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Docjowles posted:

i got you covered

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1699764075532620153

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Had to do autodraft in my college league for the first time. It spent all my money on WRs and then filled my bench with IDPs. And my QB is Russell WIlson.

Hard mode activate. Championship glory will only taste sweeter.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Just wondering how I did in my .5 PPR keeper league:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Josh Jacobs
WR - Tyler Lockett
WR - Amari Cooper
WR - Christian Kirk
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Tyler Bass
DEF - BAL
DEF - PIT
Bench
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Tyjae Spears
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Michael Wilson
TE - Ty Conklin
TE - Zach Ertz

Yeah, one of the TE's is gonna go and I already have an empty spot for dropping some other dude that was hurt

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

morningdrew posted:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Josh Jacobs
WR - Tyler Lockett
WR - Amari Cooper
WR - Christian Kirk
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Tyler Bass
DEF - BAL
DEF - PIT
Bench
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Tyjae Spears
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Michael Wilson
TE - Ty Conklin
TE - Zach Ertz

Yeah, one of the TE's is gonna go and I already have an empty spot for dropping some other dude that was hurt
You desperately need RB depth but I love the WRs.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

morningdrew posted:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Josh Jacobs
WR - Tyler Lockett
WR - Amari Cooper
WR - Christian Kirk
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Tyler Bass
DEF - BAL
DEF - PIT
Bench
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Tyjae Spears
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Michael Wilson
TE - Ty Conklin
TE - Zach Ertz

If your league is 14 teams or less I think your team is looking a bit on the weaker side. I don’t think Ertz or Conklin need to be rostered at all, at least in the 20 team draft they were TEs #19 and #21.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Forgot to mention it's only 12 teams. I'll drop those two TE's but it seems like slim pickings for free agent RBs right now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Russ and Stafford also feels like giving up. Unless you are all in on Payton immediately fixing all problems in Denver, neither guy seems likely to even be a top 12 option. Is there anyone remotely appealing available? This has the look of a league where everyone drafts 2-3 QBs in the first 8 rounds for some reason and you found yourself without a chair when the music stopped.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 7, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A bench QB, two bench TE’s and only 1 bench RB

You’re just trying to upset me now!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

morningdrew posted:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Josh Jacobs
WR - Tyler Lockett
WR - Amari Cooper
WR - Christian Kirk
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Tyler Bass
DEF - BAL
DEF - PIT
Bench
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Tyjae Spears
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Michael Wilson
TE - Ty Conklin
TE - Zach Ertz

You can drop Ertz, Conklin, Stafford (and probably russ too if you can find another decent QB) and Collins as a start. Grab lottery ticket RB's.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I have no clue what to make of my auction team. I think it might suck!!! Who knows?!?!?

14 teams, 0 PPR, otherwise standard scoring aside from some weird defense rules

QB: Josh Allen ($45)
RB: Aaron Jones ($39)
RB: Kenneth Walker ($32)
WR: Davante Adams ($39)
WR: Terry McLaurin ($9)
TE: Dallas Goedert ($8)
FLEX: Jordan Addison ($10)
DST: Colts ($1)
K: Dicker ($1)

BEN: Rashaad Penny ($4)
BEN: Gabe Davis ($6)
BEN: Jerome Ford ($3)
BEN: Darnell Mooney ($2)
BEN: Devin Singletary ($1)

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

You can drop Ertz, Conklin, Stafford (and probably russ too if you can find another decent QB) and Collins as a start. Grab lottery ticket RB's.

I grabbed Jimmy G for my empty spot for now. This is the rest of the scrap heap for QB's:

RB's left sorted by draft rank:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

morningdrew posted:

I grabbed Jimmy G for my empty spot for now. This is the rest of the scrap heap for QB's:

Is this a 16 team league? lol That is about as bad a WW for QB's as you'll see outside a superflex

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:stonklol: That poo poo is bleak man. Your league REALLY has a thing for QBs.

None of those RBs inspire any confidence but I guess Dowdle or Edwards could stumble into a good role if the starter is injured

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

morningdrew posted:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Josh Jacobs
WR - Tyler Lockett
WR - Amari Cooper
WR - Christian Kirk
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Tyler Bass
DEF - BAL
DEF - PIT
Bench
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Tyjae Spears
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Michael Wilson
TE - Ty Conklin
TE - Zach Ertz

Why did you draft so many TEs if you're going to drop one right away?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Pick up Tannehill. I would rather have him then any qb on the wire or on your team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I had to trade a 3rd rounder in my 16 team superflex dynasty league for a QB because I drafted Kyler and Lance last year. I snagged Tune and McCoy toward the end of last year.

The 3rd rounder was for Josh Dobbs. 4 roster spots to get the weekly QB23. The rest of my roster is solid and young so I am still a contender in this window :shepicide:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

16 team superflex dynasty league
You must like pain.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Buddy I traded for Josh Dobbs, it's the only way I know how to live

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Drunk Nerds posted:

As a guy who makes a price sheet that gets downloaded 100,000 times each season: Don't use a price sheet for auctions.

All algorithm-generated price sheets use VORP and therefore are inherently flawed: Either the sheet linearly converts VORP and then is way too high for the starters or factors in total slots too much and goes way too low for the high end guys.

In my irl auctions I just push in for 1-2 of my guys early and spend the rest of the opening stage paying attention to how much prices are being inflated to calculate when the market will cool to the point where I should make another move. I don't think I'll ever be able to translate that to an algorithm.

Which flawed method does your price sheet do? Overvalue top dudes or undervalue?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is it worth dropping Kyler Murray for Roschon Johnson or McKinnon in a super flex keeper league? Grabbed Murray in the 14th round or so, but we can only keep one QB and I already have Lawrence with some value, so I do not need to keep Murray. I am not confident he will play this year. It is 10 teams and you can only have 3 QB on your roster, so there is always someone on the waiver wire for bye week replacements.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

morningdrew posted:

I guess you need to hold Jimmy G since if something happened to Wilson, you wouldn't even be able to start a QB.

Drop the bench TEs for Kelley and Gus Bus ASAP.

Maybe consider trading Amari Cooper or Aiyuk for a RB after they have a big game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Which flawed method does your price sheet do? Overvalue top dudes or undervalue?

The value sheets are based on dozens and dozens of auctions run across multiple platforms to find the market value, not an algorithm. It's more of a budgeting guide than price guide, if that makes sense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Is it worth dropping Kyler Murray for Roschon Johnson or McKinnon in a super flex keeper league? Grabbed Murray in the 14th round or so, but we can only keep one QB and I already have Lawrence with some value, so I do not need to keep Murray. I am not confident he will play this year. It is 10 teams and you can only have 3 QB on your roster, so there is always someone on the waiver wire for bye week replacements.

if you can't keep murray i doubt he's going to be fantasy relevant this season

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

12 team 0.5PPR 2 keeper draft last night (didn't have a pick in the 5th, 6th and 8th rounds due to trades):

QB - Dak Prescott
QB - Kyler Murray (WW pickup, put on IR)
RB - CMC (keeper via trade)
RB - Joe Mixon (keeper)
RB - D'Onta Foreman (WW pickup, dropped Tank Bigsby for him)
WR - Chris Olave
WR - Scary Terry
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Tyler Boyd
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Jameson Williams (hoping I can stash him for the back half of the season)
TE - Mark Andrews
K - Greg Joseph
DEF - Ravens

I'm happy with my RB/WR/TE starters, but god help me if I have injury trouble.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I drafted Jameson Williams thinking I could ir stash him. I'm such a fool

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Need to send a 2 for 1, was looking at offering Higgins and JSN to the Kupp owner for Chubb.

Doesn’t feel insulting to me but also may not be enough to get it done.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Trade assessment, .5 PPR, 12 team league

I give:
MANDREWS
Skyy Moore
DJ Moore

I get:
Justin Herbert
Jamaal Williams
Pat Friermuth

Why I want to do it:

• I'm a Friermuth truther
  • I'm a DJ Moore doubter
  • I want Herbie badly (current QBs are Tua and Pickett)
  • I have no RB depth beyond people who are only good as insurance policies.
  • I can use the slot from the QB I drop to pick up an interesting prospect.

Why I Don't Want to Do It

• It's Mark Andrews.
  • Is Jamaal useful after week 4?
  • It's Mark Andrews.

Thoughts? And if I take it, which QB do I drop?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Vargo posted:

Trade assessment, .5 PPR, 12 team league

I give:
MANDREWS
Skyy Moore
DJ Moore

I get:
Justin Herbert
Jamaal Williams
Pat Friermuth

Why I want to do it:

• I'm a Friermuth truther
  • I'm a DJ Moore doubter
  • I want Herbie badly (current QBs are Tua and Pickett)
  • I have no RB depth beyond people who are only good as insurance policies.
  • I can use the slot from the QB I drop to pick up an interesting prospect.

Why I Don't Want to Do It

• It's Mark Andrews.
  • Is Jamaal useful after week 4?
  • It's Mark Andrews.

Thoughts? And if I take it, which QB do I drop?

You're trading the 2 best players in the trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
1ppr league, who to start: Gibson vs Swift?