Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
According to my grapevine, pusher street has kind of gone to poo poo and no one is that sad to see it go, but also it is insane that we haven't just legalized it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

According to my grapevine, pusher street has kind of gone to poo poo and no one is that sad to see it go, but also it is insane that we haven't just legalized it.

Who could have foreseen this when they started cracking down heavily about 15 years ago, ensuring only the most hardened criminal elements would risk it going forward, or that this would inevitably result in these elements clashing violently.

loving Germany of all places is pushing decriminalization now. Who's keeping our politicians on such a tight leash?

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

SplitSoul posted:

Who's keeping our politicians on such a tight leash?

... Carlsberg?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Does Prince still have any clout?

Are cigarettes still a thing?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
He’s busy purifying himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka, proverbially speaking

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

another dodgy financial commitment affair coming up, this time anniken huitfelt - the foreign minister -'s husband has been investing in arms companies while his wife was FM. why are they all this stupid

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

another dodgy financial commitment affair coming up, this time anniken huitfelt - the foreign minister -'s husband has been investing in arms companies while his wife was FM. why are they all this stupid

It is loving fascinating, but at this point I want this entire dumpster fire to just burn baby. I want to see Støre himself convicted for insider trading.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

V. Illych L. posted:

Emulating LBJ, Bush, Trump & Biden is considered a virtue in NATO countries

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

this is bordering on tiring now

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nice piece of fish posted:

It is loving fascinating, but at this point I want this entire dumpster fire to just burn baby. I want to see Støre himself convicted for insider trading.

støre's had a big spotlight shone on his investments before and those were being dealt with in a perfectly scrupulous manner then: he had most of it invested in funds with at least nominal ethics rules - the "scandal" was that these funds again were invested in stuff like private kindergarten companies. still, with the apparent enormous brain bleed among the nation's highest political elites, i wouldn't be *too* shocked if he'd somehow decided to just do a little bit of active speculation in aluminium futures or something

Orio
May 16, 2022
It is fascinating to see commentators rushing to take Huitfeldt's explanation at face value. "My husband earns half a million a year trading stocks, but this has actually never come up."

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Orio posted:

It is fascinating to see commentators rushing to take Huitfeldt's explanation at face value. "My husband earns half a million a year trading stocks, but this has actually never come up."

it's rank nonsense and it's honestly astounding that anyone could even begin to think that this is less serious than the brenna affair

for those following from abroad, the minister of education lobbied for a friend of hers to get a position, then decided that this was improper use of her public office and asked for an evaluation. to me it seems like the sort of thing which really could be a genuine lapse of judgement, which we honestly have to tolerate from time to time. this is a guy beating the market off the vibe at the dinner table at best, and almost certainly a paper-thin veneer of plasuible deniability around insider trading as bad as ola borten moe's stupidity

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Ah the Svinonius excuse ("We dont talk about work at home")

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sweden is having a normal one as usual.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Government's going to fix the Pusher Street problem by... increasing penalties for customers. :downs:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
The government's arguments for ignoring peer reviewed research that shows legalising/decriminalising cannabis could mitigate any of the current problems are, quote: "the police disagrees".

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
at least a politician didn’t lose their mind at the idea of youth traveling to Germany to try hash.

Anyway how is the situation with angiv-

Polisen krävde lista på mongoler – rektorn vägrade

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Government's going to fix the Pusher Street problem by... increasing penalties for customers. :downs:
But don't worry, researchers will be ignoring the huge amount of medical literature compiled over several decades that strongly show that marijuana is not very dangerous in comparison to other already-legal substances, so that they can do it all again, but specifically for the physiology of Danish people, I guess.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/hashhandel-skal-straffes-ekstra-haardt-paa-christiania

quote:

På pressemødet bliver han også spurgt, hvorfor regeringen ikke i stedet legaliserer hash. Til det svarer Peter Hummelgaard, at han er skeptisk, og at det er en spændende - men faglig diskussion.

- Det må først og sidst hvile på en sundhedsfaglig diskussion af, hvor meget skade det gør på den enkelte, siger han.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jeebus bob posted:

The government's arguments for ignoring peer reviewed research that shows legalising/decriminalising cannabis could mitigate any of the current problems are, quote: "the police disagrees".

Well, yeah, Taskforce Pusher Street was always a huge draw for funding.

Ned Flanders' parents-rear end politicians.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 6, 2023

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

"hvor meget skade det gør på den enkelte", for those that don't speak Danish, means that if I can find one person whose life was negatively affected by marihuana, then it should be double illegal.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Thank the gods that alcohol is completely safe.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

anatomi posted:

There is nothing safe about Danish beer. I have to imagine it's being done on purpose to upset their southern neighbours because you can't turn out such consistently awful piss without a lot of stringent quality assurance work.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

anatomi posted:

Tobacco? Historically shown to also be very safe.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

teen witch posted:

at least a politician didn’t lose their mind at the idea of youth traveling to Germany to try hash.

Also the police might have still kept the list of Roma in 2013.

quote:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/skane/alla-i-romregistret-far-ersattning-av-jk

Unclear whether the register still exists

There have previously been newspaper reports (DN 2014) that parts of the Roma register have been transferred to another register. It has been difficult to clarify whether this information is correct. According to Eva Lindeblad, head of the police's legal department, there is no longer a register. However, she adds that she cannot "know exactly what the Malmö police have in their archives".

Mats Berggren, head of the intelligence unit in Police Region South, says that people who were in the Roma register may of course still be in other registers.

- "We have surveys of people who may be suspected of crimes or who are in circles that have contact with crime," he says.

However, there is no longer a register based solely on ethnicity.

---

Oklart om registret finns kvar

Det har tidigare förekommit tidningsuppgifter (DN 2014) att delar av romregistret flyttats över till ett annat register. Om dessa uppgifter stämmer har varit svårt att få klarhet i. Enligt Eva Lindeblad, chef för polisens rättsavdelning, ska det inte finnas något register längre. Samtidigt tillägger hon att hon inte kan ”veta exakt vad Malmöpolisen har i sina arkiv”.

Mats Berggren, chef för underättelsenheten i Polisregion syd, säger att personer som fanns i Romregistret självfallet fortfarande kan finnas i andra register.

– Vi har ju kartläggningar över personer som kan misstänkas för brott eller förekommer i kretsar som har kontakt med brottslighet, säger han.

Det finns dock inte längre något registret som enbart baseras på etnicitet.
:psyduck:

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

teen witch posted:

What? Why mongolians. The headline would have been funnier in danish anyway,

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Also the police might have still kept the list of Roma in 2013.

:psyduck:
The list of people in contact with crime is just a list of every person. Everyone does crime, it's just a matter of if they know it, the police know it, or both.

Mordekai posted:

I thought they meant people with Down's.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Mordekai posted:

What? Why mongolians.

They massacred like, nine hundred thousand people in Baghdad, dude. Crazy stuff.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Mordekai posted:

According to the article, they were looking for a specific suspect who was supposedly of Mongolian descent. How the cops would know that without knowing specifically who it was beats me.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Woebin posted:

According to the article, they were looking for a specific suspect who was supposedly of Mongolian descent. How the cops would know that without knowing specifically who it was beats me.

It reminds me of being assaulted at the train station a few years ago and the police asking me “did he look Bulgarian?”

I get that it was a clearly leading question but Christ dude, how does anyone expect me to know that? Next time someone lunges for my body in an elevator unexpectedly, I’ll be sure to ask where they’re from.

For the record: white dude with a tan, spoke slurred Swedish.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I always thought they where the exception

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

teen witch posted:

I get that it was a clearly leading question but Christ dude, how does anyone expect me to know that?

This is a task that is taught to young children, to be fair.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

teen witch posted:

For the record: white dude with a tan, spoke slurred Swedish.

In other words: Bulgarian.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
About 10% of Mallorca during July as well

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Avhopp och sjukskrivning när högerradikal aktivist gör “content” av universitetskurs - DN

quote:

I somras ansökte Tobias Hübinette om kontaktförbud gentemot Christian Peterson. I över ett års tid hade Peterson då, enligt Hübinette, bombarderat honom med sms och telefonsamtal.

Peterson har begärt ut forskarens mejl och publicerat dem på Twitter, samt skrivit en rad inlägg i sociala medier om Hübinette med återkommande anspelningar på forskarens asiatiska ursprung – emojis med sushi, buddhisttempel och uttryck som ”sensei Hübinette”. Peterson besökte även Karlstads universitet i våras för att leta efter Hübinette och filma med drönare på universitetsområdet.

Begäran om kontaktförbud avslogs i somras.

I cannot imagine having enough downtime in my life to dedicate to harassing a university professor, let alone in such loudly unhinged way.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Fun fact for those who might be interested in the future? Local politics is kind of like posting on the forums, except you do it in the local newspaper and you can't straight up call someone a motherfucker, you have to be subtle with the insults. And you may have to pester the mods to let you post. :v:

God knows how things will end up, and it's been goddamn stressful, but I've actually enjoyed myself, too.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TLM3101 posted:

Fun fact for those who might be interested in the future? Local politics is kind of like posting on the forums, except you do it in the local newspaper and you can't straight up call someone a motherfucker, you have to be subtle with the insults. And you may have to pester the mods to let you post. :v:

God knows how things will end up, and it's been goddamn stressful, but I've actually enjoyed myself, too.

I like the idea of the Scandithread being 80% local politicians

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Beeswax posted:

I like the idea of the Scandithread being 80% local politicians
Meanwhile, 80% of the UKMT are former or current prime ministers.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I was allowed to vote in Norway for the first time in the local elections and every party had like 50 candidates listed on their cards. And space to write in more. I don't really understand the local election system and have not looked it up, but that seems like too many to me.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Also I know it's a local election so their powers are somewhat limited, but every party's statement was "we are going to make schools better and improve healthcare for retired people". I don't have kids and am decades from retirement so there didn't really seem to be much in it for me regardless of won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

big scary monsters posted:

Also I know it's a local election so their powers are somewhat limited

It's the opposite, voting locally gives you more influence over actual policy than national elections, but that's a pretty low bar to clear.