Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I wish the corporate media would stop doing that. Especially given his anti-trans views, Elon doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt that "X, formerly known as Twitter" affords him. Just call it Twitter. What's the idiot going to do; sue? Elon's a paper tiger.

But of course, :decorum: rules the day.

No, don't do that. Just start referring to it as "the X social media network." Remove all mentions of Twitter, which may still have a positive connotation for some people. Make it clear that the thing that exists now is something different and worse. Let Elon reap the consequences of his dumb decisions and let the X social media network die and be replaced by one that's at least marginally less bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

But rich people are evil.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
graduating to full communism (now!) by understanding the most basic principle of rich people

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

So go and lock the doors to the properties he is refusing to pay for

If they break in, arrest them for trespassing

What is hard about this

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Bad news!

It's just been determined that being a decent person is communism. Unfortunately, this ties our hands and we have no choice but to ask all of you to be complete assholes from now on.

Thank you for your understanding.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

rotinaj posted:

So go and lock the doors to the properties he is refusing to pay for

If they break in, arrest them for trespassing

What is hard about this

There is a saying that when you are $1,000 in debt you have a problem; when you are a million dollars in debt the bank has a problem.

Office space can be hard to rent out and there may be vacancy taxes that the landlord might have to pay if they kick Twitter out- a theoretical current bird-in-the-hand is worth more than a future one, even if the current one doesn't pay up currently, they are more likely to pay than not, plus the billionaire will surely back pay his debts because that's how The System works.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

"People?" What is this woke gender neutral pronoun horseshit? Musk has turned into a snowflake liberal

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

why does this look like someone photoshopped a pic of a musk face on top of a chud thumb head/neckstump?

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Strong like gorilla mindset, yet soft and yielding to the Nazis like a Nerf ball

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

:stare:

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

goddamnit

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

holtemon posted:

I just can't say it enough how stupid this whole X thing is lol

Last screenshoot too I promise

I tried to email them at that address and it didn't work what am I doing wrong

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Looks like he's been crying in that pic, just needs the "gently caress up poo poo up fam (literally)" hair.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

the fact that ian miles cheong has had an appreciable affect on the war in ukraine makes me want to cry

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

PhazonLink posted:

why does this look like someone photoshopped a pic of a musk face on top of a chud thumb head/neckstump?

While we are at it why does it look like the universe photoshopped musk's mouth to be upside-down so it looks like he is a pouty little bitch all the time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol musk loving does this poo poo on the whims of dipshits.

My Spirit Otter posted:

the fact that ian miles cheong has had an appreciable affect on the war in ukraine makes me want to cry
yeah but maybe some commando team will raid his house now.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Stupid newbie when

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how do you get a neck cone like that?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Like I'm 100% certain by now that Chong is a Russian agent or at the very least a Russian asset, but now the question is, is Musk or is he just that loving stupid that he can get rolled by Russian assets?

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
Had someone argue with me that X wasn't a nazi platform if you aren't looking for nazi poo poo and offered to show me their feed, which is all like music and celebrity news. I found a thread full of nazis in under a minute, which surprised them.

I think for the average user, your eyes just sort of glaze over the stuff you aren't interested in, and the real vile stuff doesn't register. I expect that will start changing very soon as the nazi poo poo becomes harder and harder to ignore.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

MrQwerty posted:

I would love to see MacArthur's reaction to that picture

He'd probably want to nuke the poster.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e:

nine-gear crow posted:

Like I'm 100% certain by now that Chong is a Russian agent or at the very least a Russian asset, but now the question is, is Musk or is he just that loving stupid that he can get rolled by Russian assets?

logic razor says he's just another dumb boy that got told to grow up and stop being lovely, and he fought against.

also he pretends to be american . lol imagine being a south park bro contrarian of a country on the other side of the globe. also probably doing it as a free agent and burning your parent's money to be a US poster.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 7, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

logic razor says he's just another dumb boy that got told to grow up and stop being lovely, and he fought against.

also he pretends to be american .

Chong or Musk? Because that post applies to literally both men.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

""""Men"""".

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

cr0y posted:

Stupid newbie when

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

alternative sites just don't have all these exciting new features

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

nine-gear crow posted:

Chong or Musk? Because that post applies to literally both men.

Musk actually has citizenship as far as I know. IMC has never stepped foot in the US.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

:suicide:

Sankis posted:

Musk actually has citizenship as far as I know. IMC has never stepped foot in the US.
Not even as a tourist? But posts racist, horrible takes on US politics 18 hours a day.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Are They Not Men? They Are Devo!(lutionary dead ends)

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

e:

also he pretends to be american . lol imagine being a south park bro contrarian of a country on the other side of the globe. also probably doing it as a free agent and burning your parent's money to be a US poster.

I would love to be wrong about this because I don't think it's very funny since I imagine IMC makes (a lot of?) money doing this.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

IMC??

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

Incel Military Commander

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

noted malaysian(or s.e. asian, unsure) author of "incel corner"

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Forgive the Reddit link but apparently a lot of this was deleted off twitter already but grimes is saying that Elon is destroying her mental health and withholding her child from her?

https://reddit.com/r/Grimes/s/hfmtQ6wLwl

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

Vire posted:

Forgive the Reddit link but apparently a lot of this was deleted off twitter already but grimes is saying that Elon is destroying her mental health and withholding her child from her?

throw another X on the pile

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Vire posted:

from the link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vire posted:

Sorry but are we throwing kidnapping on top of the pile now too?