Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jonny 290 posted:

Moved it overnight at 17 or so. Pretty stunning coinpurse now after this and the emote sales, considering that a week ago i had 65k gil to my name and now i'm just shy of 20M. Which, I know is peanuts compared to long time players, but still, feels good man.

If I had known you were actually selling it I would have paid that and saved you the tax. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
<extremely overconfident voice> Next one's set aside for you, amigo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jonny 290 posted:

Moved it overnight at 17 or so. Pretty stunning coinpurse now after this and the emote sales, considering that a week ago i had 65k gil to my name and now i'm just shy of 20M. Which, I know is peanuts compared to long time players, but still, feels good man.

Yeah, don't downplay your first windfall just because others have had more, it's great to have some walking-around money. I have occasional jackpots that bump my savings up (running Eureka Orthos has led to a decent number of things that sell for 200-700K once I got into silver sack territory) but most of it's been due to a steady gain with no major expenses. Occasionally I'll splurge on a bit of glam or something, but mostly it's just repair bills. The way this game lets you hold steady rather than trying to majorly pull money out of the economy means that those big windfalls stick around until you decide to spend them on big treats.

When I got my house a couple of years ago I'd been playing for a while and still had to borrow most of the 4mil cost from my FC. They laughed when I insisted on paying it back because they'd had those drip profits far longer than I had, but it's a good marker point for me that all my money's come from after that point.

Edit: just looked it up, late January 2021, so I went from 2mil to 56mil with plenty of treats in about 2.5 years.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 7, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jonny 290 posted:

<extremely overconfident voice> Next one's set aside for you, amigo

:lol: nah I would have actually tried to lowball you with $10m like how I got my discount crab ring. I would have absolutely immediately used it to spiritbond it.

Regardless, congrats. Getting an Cassie Earring is huge. I've only ever seen a few drop period. Granted, I've got nowhere near as much time in eureka as someone like Frida, but I've killed a lot of cassies. You have legitimately had one of the rarest drops in the game land in your inventory, and that's awesome.

I love my optical hat even though it isn't technically bis. Gotta go fast.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The optical hat is powerful and commands respect

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, don't downplay your first windfall just because others have had more, it's great to have some walking-around money. I have occasional jackpots that bump my savings up (running Eureka Orthos has led to a decent number of things that sell for 200-700K once I got into silver sack territory) but most of it's been due to a steady gain with no major expenses. Occasionally I'll splurge on a bit of glam or something, but mostly it's just repair bills. The way this game lets you hold steady rather than trying to majorly pull money out of the economy means that those big windfalls stick around until you decide to spend them on big treats.

When I got my house a couple of years ago I'd been playing for a while and still had to borrow most of the 4mil cost from my FC. They laughed when I insisted on paying it back because they'd had those drip profits far longer than I had, but it's a good marker point for me that all my money's come from after that point.

Edit: just looked it up, late January 2021, so I went from 2mil to 56mil with plenty of treats in about 2.5 years.

I have over 50 million gil and couldn't tell you where I got most of it. I got Chewy on the first venture he was released, sold that for 10 million, but the other 40 mil? No idea. I've also bought and decorated a house (albeit small) in the meantime.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shinjobi posted:

The optical hat is powerful and commands respect

I'll sometimes glam it for general use i love it so much.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kazy posted:

I have over 50 million gil and couldn't tell you where I got most of it. I got Chewy on the first venture he was released, sold that for 10 million, but the other 40 mil? No idea. I've also bought and decorated a house (albeit small) in the meantime.

Just playing the game and doing things will generate money if you sell enough stuff via retainers. I've made hundreds of thousands off of extreme trial mats, things retainers brought back, things bought with scrips earned from adventurer squadron missions, etc. You can make money from gathering and crafting trivially and make money while leveling them as well. There are so many ways to just do things and passively rake in a bunch of money, but it does require doing a lot of things.

You can get a bunch of people to go run maps and bring in a few hundred k in just gil drops in half an hour not to mention potential drop sales. A few nights of just doing map parties and you'll have a few million gil from drops alone.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I wish the Emperor’s New Fists was an all class item but I know that would just absolutely break how the game’s job system works. All jobs should be able to be punch man jobs.

Punch the trees for wood. Punch the sword you’re forging. Fly a mile in the air and punch the boss like you’re Godbert.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

Punch the trees for wood. Punch the sword you’re forging. Fly a mile in the air and punch the boss like you’re Godbert.

sage anime-quad-punching the nouliths towards the target needs to be a thing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kazinsal posted:

I wish the Emperor’s New Fists was an all class item but I know that would just absolutely break how the game’s job system works. All jobs should be able to be punch man jobs.

Warriors absolutely need a frying pan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sage needs to build up to a DPS mode where the bits connect to your arms and legs and allow you to do super cool anime attacks for a short period of time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
was talking last night about how sge needs a predator drone limit break, but it'd probably make MCH players seek the nearest cliff to jump off of

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
For Sage I just want more abilities like Phlegma. I want to punch the poo poo out of the enemy and have them magically explode.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
phleg is my favorite thing in the game, it hits quite hard, it's got the counter clock i have to learn to manage, and it's a ranged aoe that does have short range, but it's still big enough that i can dodge most orange hell areas and pop it off. It's really, really good, and given that i'm on SCH this week to finish that out, i dearly miss it.

e: ok i lied. my ACTUAL favorite thing in the game is the sound effects on Foul, it's this rattly action movie blast and it sounds SO GOOD if you have a big setup with nice speakers and a subwoofer.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't know if you've leveled Astrologian yet but Gravity has some good sound behind it too.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Sage needs to build up to a DPS mode where the bits connect to your arms and legs and allow you to do super cool anime attacks for a short period of time.

Impressive but the exact opposite direction of healers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every job in the game should have a dump burst even for nothing more than self esteem reasons

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

For Sage I just want more abilities like Phlegma. I want to punch the poo poo out of the enemy and have them magically explode.

Phlegma balls

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my general takes on sge vs sch as i'm bored and its thursday and i've been comparing the two

* kerachole is objectively superior to sacred soil as it's a one time buff you can blap during a pull, vs a gtaoe you have to park somewhere
* sch has better bursts IF you sit on some aetherflow stacks
* if you are doing that, you're not being proactive enough
* but SGE has a hard cap as to how Hard they can ogcd heal so if you don't know the raidwides/tank busters you will be in trouble
* SCH is easier to keep dots up on trash packs
* SCH also wins with deployment tactics vs pepsis, which sucks and is lame
* SGE is 100000x more fun to dps with as you have tox and phlegma and pneuma to play with. Ruin is cute on singles if you have to move but i prefer the sage setup

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've been swapping between Sage and Scholar for all of Endwalker's savage. I typically play Sage, but there's one truth you missed in Scholar's favour:

Expedient is the best ability in the game.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 7, 2023

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sage has icarus which is probably the best button any healer has.

if i could hand pick my groups healers i would take a scholar though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sage has lasers, so it's the coolest and bestest healer.

I hope it gets even more lasers with Dawntrail.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kerachole is a lot less hassle and but Sacred Soil isn't objectively worse - it heals for an extra 100 (it's a ground effect so you get a bonus tick when you place it), and being able to use it not centred on you can be useful sometimes (edit: although looking it up seems the Kerachole radius is now really gigantic so missing with it would be rare)

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 7, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If people dodge the Sacred Soil they don't deserve it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I want to get back into WHM, a class I haven't touched in 6+ months. How do people generally refamiliarize themselves with classes?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

quiggy posted:

I want to get back into WHM, a class I haven't touched in 6+ months. How do people generally refamiliarize themselves with classes?

I run experts

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah just hit some level 90 content. It's either a dungeon and your presence barely matters, or there's 8 people and you've got someone there to back you up.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

quiggy posted:

Carefully.

Usually, I do the 50-70 DR for healers if I haven't played in a long time since nothing is quite as bad and it's fun.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when i threw out cash to 80 my blm it was helpful to basically just run dungeons from the bottom up to see how it develops

addendum: do not play blm below like 66 if you can help it

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

quiggy posted:

Nowadays I find doing some duty support is nice for classes I haven't played in a long while since you can go at your own pace while you get back into the swing of things and stop to look stuff up if you need or whatever without having to worry about bothering anyone else.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Warriors absolutely need a frying pan.

But Julyan is a DRK?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

quiggy posted:

Back when 80 was the cap I did Bozja. Lots of people so your individual contribution didn't matter much, but also helped level if you weren't at cap yet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Anyone who turns down any spell effects or reduces pet sizes is a coward.

I think for me the EW raids are where it’s finally necessary, the effects get SO intense I have trouble seeing boss mechanics

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think for me the EW raids are where it’s finally necessary, the effects get SO intense I have trouble seeing boss mechanics

Holy makes my eyes ache, if I could turn only that off I would.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Qwertycoatl posted:

(edit: although looking it up seems the Kerachole radius is now really gigantic so missing with it would be rare)

It can be a problem sometimes, like the P11S cross arena party splits may miss the other party unless everyone hugs the explosion. Kera has the same radius as Soil's diameter so a Sage can exactly stand at the edge of a Soil and hit everyone in it (plus a bunch more on the other side of the Sage). That plus the fact that it lingers so you can split the group even further after applying is very useful, honestly probably the best thing Sage has going over Scholar even with the potency drop.

There are a few things I mitigate with Kera this tier that Soil will have trouble with because of either the movement or range involved: Silkspits, Superchains, Paradeigmas, etc.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Good thing that those raids are so easy that you don't need to see the boss mechanics.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Side note - I was just looking at the numbers and boooy the content drought is going to get rough.

I wonder if they have any plans to do anything between 6.55 and 7.0.

pre:
2.5 - 1/19/15 
2.55 - 3/30/15 (2.5 months later)
3.0 - 6/23/15 (roughly 3 months)

3.5 - 1/16/17
3.56 - 3/27/17 (2.5 months later)
4.0 - 6/20/17 (roughly 3 months)

4.5 - 1/07/19
4.56 - 3/25/19 (2.5 months later)
5.0 - 7/2/19 (almost 3.5 months)

5.5 - 4/12/21
5.55 - 5/24/21 (1.5 months later)
6.0 - 12/3/21 (just over 6 months)

6.5 - 10/03/23
6.55 - 12/12/23 (assuming 2+ months later)

7.0 ?????
With the date listed as "Summer 2024," I have very little hope for an early June release. I'm expecting late June/early July, which would put us 6.5 months from the final patch.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

they dont, good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
maybe they'll push 6.55 back a month or two :evilbuddy: